The Other 19

madras

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Southamptons pass map for yesterday is genuinely hilarious :lol:

16aamc7maokd1.jpeg

It does look like a smile.

Forgive the thickness, but I read that as they didn't make a single pass in to the box?

Don't think Bruce even managed that one

Watching Jamie Carragher interview Arne Slot on the SkySports Premier League before our match. He comes across really well and quite likeable (I know he’s associated with Liverpool). Going to find it hard to hate him.

13 minutes ago, SAK said:

Watching Jamie Carragher interview Arne Slot on the SkySports Premier League before our match. He comes across really well and quite likeable (I know he’s associated with Liverpool). Going to find it hard to hate him.

Think Klopp when he first arrived.

Hot take but any thoughts on Man City’s lack of spending? Priming their PSR for a season in the Champo and loss of PL/ECL revenues for 1 year/2 years?

On 25/08/2024 at 13:28, SAK said:

I'm sure I'll manage. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure I'll manage. 

First decision that goes against him we’ll see the twat in him come out. He’ll be a great fit for the World’s Most Soulful Club.

35 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Hot take but any thoughts on Man City’s lack of spending? Priming their PSR for a season in the Champo and loss of PL/ECL revenues for 1 year/2 years?

More chance of me laying a golden egg tbh.

On 25/08/2024 at 13:14, gjohnson said:

It does look like a smile.

Forgive the thickness, but I read that as they didn't make a single pass in to the box?

Don't think Bruce even managed that one

It's average player position (the circles) and the arrows are the pass directions. The thicker the arrow the more combinations between the two players.

On 19/08/2024 at 07:02, Optimistic Nut said:

Are any of the newly promoted clubs good enough to finally flush Everton out of the league?

Everton were awful against us but I’m not at all confident in those three, particularly if Leicester do get a points deduction.

On 06/08/2024 at 10:55, Dr.Spaceman said:

Havertz is a grade A cunt, the way he's acted against us several times and the way he went on after he won the CL, swearing on a live interview. He's perfect for Arteta and Arsenal. I did used to think they were okay, back in the Wenger days, but then Arsenal fan TV became a thing and that coked up baldy started appearing everywhere...

The thing that changed was that you started actually seeing Arsenal fans being Arsenal fans :lol:. We had that for decades.

I'm starting to think this is Liverpool's season. Salah is on a mission in his final season. 

Man City & Liverpool fighting it out. 

Arsenal doing Arsenal things.

On 27/08/2024 at 06:54, Nucasol said:

Or maybe they're just so much better than everyone else they didn't actually feel the need to spend?

This summer city had the Alvarez cash but presumably couldn’t find a player that matched the profile they wanted, but generally Man City’s PSR issues come from their enormous salaries.

Talk Haaland gets 375k (19m per year) on basic but bonuses can bump that to 800k (40m per year). In his salary alone it’s a PSR cost way more than Isak and Bruno combined. 

Then also have KDB allegedly on 400k pw, and I’d imagine Ederson, Walker, Stones, Rhodri, Foden, Grealish, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva etc etc are all on north of 150k pw.

It all adds up and means their ability to pay multiple big transfer fees is quite limited. 

Man City don't need to spend much when they can just grab the top talents from their player farms around the world and slap a symbolic transfer fee on them to hide/mask the abuse of multi club ownership.

Edited by Conjo

I keep on saying it but it's the Yanks that are going to, ultimately, ruin football. 

Football has been the centrepiece of a bukake scene, decades in the making. 

Murdoch hoyed his jizz all over it, Abramovich money laundered his muck on top and now the Yanks are piling in for the money shot. 

It's not an ESL they want it's a WSL. 

Franchises in every country. There'll not be 2 teams from Manchester, possibly not even 2 from London but if there are it'll be Chelsea and Arsenal. 

So clubs are punished or not punished and their seasons and the seasons of others in their vacinity in the league dictated by whether or not lawyers find loopholes in these new rules and whether they are passed or not in court.

Albert Camus must be spinning in his grave.

Edited by Jonas

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

If society fell, the one positive would be starting football from scratch. Everything else would be shite, like  :lol:

It’s not an if, it’s a when.