Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton and Hove Albion - 19/10/25

Disco

44 minutes ago, Conjo said:

you think? :lol: This place turns feral when we face adversity. Actually saw someone starting to turn on Howe. It was difficult to distinguish between rational criticism and chronically miserable cunts when we were unambitious and shit as there wasn't much positive to say about our situation anyway, but some peoples true nature has really come through after the takeover (on top of all the shitty new members). Had 0 on my ignore list pre-takover, now I'm worrying that the next person I ignore will hit a max cap or something :lol:

:lol:

11 hours ago, andycap said:

Today I think Barnes for Murphy and see how it goes for ten minutes then willy for bruno if he was knackered. 

Putting us into a 442 and I think we might of atleast drew. 

Howe seems to go round the houses with his subs. 

That's one way to motivate him. 

17 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

While we dominated, we didn't test their GK that much in all honesty such was our poor finishing.

We've only scored 8 goals in 8 matches as well, so it's not like it was just a one off. Our end product is definitely not top tier.

Watched it back and there was loads of good in there for the first hour, so frustrating we couldn't make one of the many opportunities count. I didn't realise the Tonali through ball to Isak was actually onside - he should've done a lot better there.

The Willock sub definitely weakened us, we should've carried on with the original 3 for at least another 10 mins, imo. The legs looked good and there was a strong balance.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Watched it back and there was loads of good in there for the first hour, so frustrating we couldn't make one of the many opportunities count. I didn't realise the Tonali through ball to Isak was actually onside - he should've done a lot better there.

The Willock sub definitely weakened us, we should've carried on with the original 3 for at least another 10 mins, imo. The legs looked good and there was a strong balance.

I couldn’t believe how knackered he looked after 5 minutes. No energy. He looked like he was running through treacle any time he tried to carry the ball. 

He's been here long enough for us to know that Willock usually takes quite a long time to get his match sharpness up to a decent level. Always looks like he takes an extra second to react to situations and running in syrup for a while after coming back from injury.

4 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Highlight of the day was the bloke next to us screaming at Isak that he was absolutely fucking shite.

those fans are mental :lol: 

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

He's been here long enough for us to know that Willock usually takes quite a long time to get his match sharpness up to a decent level. Always looks like he takes an extra second to react to situations and running in syrup for a while after coming back from injury.

Actually a good point, he was fucking attrociously rusty in the first half season with Howe and then the following season he turned it the hell on. 

6 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The Joelinton one? Just watched it back as well and he really should be buried it, a fit inform Isak finishes that I’m sure of it.

So many chances watching it back, can’t believe we’ve lost that game, so frustrating. 

43 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

The Joelinton one? Just watched it back as well and he really should be buried it, a fit inform Isak finishes that I’m sure of it.

So many chances watching it back, can’t believe we’ve lost that game, so frustrating. 

Wasn’t it Bruno that played him through for the one he missed not long before their goal. 

I think Tonali played him through and he took an age to get a shot off. I think from memory he just ran around with it until the flag went up. He was actually onside. 

From highlights we didn't deserve to lose. Disappointing. My worry is next 2 league games looks difficult. If we can win one of those and get past Chelsea in cup would be vary satisfied.

12 hours ago, samptime29 said:

From highlights we didn't deserve to lose. Disappointing. My worry is next 2 league games looks difficult. If we can win one of those and get past Chelsea in cup would be vary satisfied.

Just hope people don't lose their shit (any more than they already have) if we're sitting here off the back of 3 defeats. It's very possible, even if we play well. 

14 hours ago, samptime29 said:

We need to win the cup game. European qualification we can make up even if we lose a run of games, but once you are out of the cups you are out.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just hope people don't lose their shit (any more than they already have) if we're sitting here off the back of 3 defeats. It's very possible, even if we play well. 

It's all about the performances for me. The most critical thing is seeing the players heads don't drop.