3 days in and no strong link

Guest stormrider

I fucking love the 'planning' argument. Its pricelessly not thought through in the slightest bit.

Plan = Buy best Left Back we can afford. Best Left back we can afford is interested. Best Left Back is willing to come to club. Another club is also interested in the same player and willing to spend. Other club is more successful than us, or is currently higher in the league. They are talking about a big offer but have not yet moved in the market.

How do you plan for that? Offer more money and higher wages? Pay over the odds? How do you know the other club is going to come in or not? Are the other club using the transfer talk as a screen for a strategy elsewhere? Is the agent being truthful? How exactly do you make a plan that accounts for just these very basic permutations in this post?

Howay then planners?  :lol:

it seems the "planners" don't have a "plan" or even a "plan B"  :lol:

Why are you banging on about a plan?

Is this all you have to say?

Pathetic tbh.

Another NE5 super thread with NE5 talking utter shit and boring everyone to death.

Well done you troll.  :thup:

I didn't mention "plan", I don't believe in such a thing, I think you just appoint the manager and let him do his job and work his own strategy and ideas and judgements. Back him in the transfer market too, very important. If you don't do this, you can appoint all the managers you like but when you appoint a good one they will piss off if you don't support them. This is an active decision a board of a football clubs makes ie whether to strive for success, or not. Newcastle United employed that "plan" for decades, but it was a shit plan and didn't succeed. In fact it only succeeded in bringing a half full stadium for decades and near bankruptcy and the 3rd divison before the inspired appointment of Keegan by a new regime, who was the idea of Dogless Hall, Shepherd and Fletcher.

As for "troll", there are plenty of ideas, questions and debate put up here by me, if you are unable to accept them in a realistic light instead of thinking we are a mediocre club that qualifies regularly for europe and buys top international footballers - think about it - then its your problem, in fact I could think you are a troll for spouting nothing other than cliches and not listening to factual information when it is put in front of you.

Guest Gemmill

I didn't mention "plan", I don't believe in such a thing

:lol:  It's like a hieroglyphic to you isn't it?  You don't even believe in the word.  :lol:

Plan??  Why for plan?  What is this plan you speak of?

I fucking love the 'planning' argument. Its pricelessly not thought through in the slightest bit.

Plan = Buy best Left Back we can afford. Best Left back we can afford is interested. Best Left Back is willing to come to club. Another club is also interested in the same player and willing to spend. Other club is more successful than us, or is currently higher in the league. They are talking about a big offer but have not yet moved in the market.

How do you plan for that? Offer more money and higher wages? Pay over the odds? How do you know the other club is going to come in or not? Are the other club using the transfer talk as a screen for a strategy elsewhere? Is the agent being truthful? How exactly do you make a plan that accounts for just these very basic permutations in this post?

Pathetic tbh.

Another NE5 super thread with NE5 talking utter shit and boring everyone to death.

I didn't mention "plan", I don't believe in such a thing, I think you just appoint the manager and let him do his job and work his own strategy and ideas and judgements. Back him in the transfer market too, very important. If you don't do this, you can appoint all the managers you like but when you appoint a good one they will piss off if you don't support them. This is an active decision a board of a football clubs makes ie whether to strive for success, or not. Newcastle United employed that "plan" for decades, but it was a shit plan and didn't succeed. In fact it only succeeded in bringing a half full stadium for decades and near bankruptcy and the 3rd divison before the inspired appointment of Keegan by a new regime, who was the idea of Dogless Hall, Shepherd and Fletcher.

As for "troll", there are plenty of ideas, questions and debate put up here by me, if you are unable to accept them in a realistic light instead of thinking we are a mediocre club that qualifies regularly for europe and buys top international footballers - think about it - then its your problem, in fact I could think you are a troll for spouting nothing other than cliches and not listening to factual information when it is put in front of you.

All you've done is post  :lol: & jumped on the word plan, you've offfered nothing to this thread apart from filler.

:lol:  It's like a hieroglyphic to you isn't it?  You don't even believe in the word.  :lol:

football changes quickly. We will see how West Ham and Villa get on with their new plans. If it brings guaranteed success, then they will both win the league and FA Cup soon.....if you don't think it brings guaranteed success why do you keep harping on about it ?

Its the manager that counts, and there are only 2 cups, and 6 or so european spots which we have claimed regularly.

So if you believe in "plans" we must have a half decent one....

Guest jackmisfit

"Jeanarse, Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Lua Lua, Bernard ring any bells ?????"

Jenas, Ambrose, Viana, Lua Lua, Bernard, etc...  If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I thought most of the those players were purchased and either played in the regular team or were on the bench.

What I was trying to say is that I think that building a young base of talent that you can either play in the reserves or loan out would be beneficial to the long term goals of this club.

The benefit of building from within helps out in several ways: the player feels loyalty to the club, he learns the team philosophy, he grows with players that he'll hopefully be playing many games with and it seems like it would be a lot cheaper too. If after a few years he doesn't pan out, sell him. But keep scouting and bringing in the young talent.

Guest Gemmill

football changes quickly. We will see how West Ham and Villa get on with their new plans. If it brings guaranteed success, then they will both win the league and FA Cup soon.....if you don't think it brings guaranteed success why do you keep harping on about it ?

Its the manager that counts, and there are only 2 cups, and 6 or so european spots which we have claimed regularly.

So if you believe in "plans" we must have a half decent one....

"Plans".  In quotation marks.  Believe in "plans."  You'd think I was telling you I believed the world was flat ffs.

"Jeanarse, Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Lua Lua, Bernard ring any bells ?????"

Jenas, Ambrose, Viana, Lua Lua, Bernard, etc...  If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I thought most of the those players were purchased and either played in the regular team or were on the bench.

What I was trying to say is that I think that building a young base of talent that you can either play in the reserves or loan out would be beneficial to the long term goals of this club.

The benefit of building from within helps out in several ways: the player feels loyalty to the club, he learns the team philosophy, he grows with players that he'll hopefully be playing many games with and it seems like it would be a lot cheaper too. If after a few years he doesn't pan out, sell him. But keep scouting and bringing in the young talent.

Well, Lua Lua, Bernard and Ambrose didn't get many games for a while. I do see your point, but most of these players were young, so how much younger do you think they should be ? How much money do you think the club should pay for an untried 17=18 year old to stick in the reserves ?

Seriously, not many clubs do what you say here, apart from one offs like Walcott for instance. Probably because of the cost and the risk and the simple fact being that people want success now, or just around the corner. The manager certainly does or he loses his job. Thats a fact. Dalglish lost his job despite restoring the youth policy and the vast majority of people were glad to see him go and didn't pay any notice to the fact that he had restored the youth team and in fact while doing so, had bought some potential players ie Griffin, Hamilton, Brady and others who I can't even remember but all they did was quickstart the reserve team again and got nowhere near being good enough for the first team.

Guest jackmisfit

NE5 -

It's a shame that what I'm suggesting doesn't work with football. I was going somewhat in line with how professional hockey works over here. You have a starting squad of 23, dress 18 per game, outside of that, you have about 15 to 20 players that are of various age and skill, (mostly younger players), playing in your jr team and for multiple other league teams. It just sort of makes a bit of sense really, while your starting pros play and age, you have a farm of talent that you can hopefully grow into your first team.

no worries for me yet on the transfer front.  seems as if we'll hear about something the day the player shows up on tyneside for a physical judging on past events with the roedster.  haven't heard about any action other than tottenham snatching up a couple youngsters, and "rumored bids" galore.

talk to me in another week, then maybe it's time to hit the panic button

Looking like loans - can Oliver not write a piece without saying "wide of the mark"?

No panic buys insists Glenn

Jan 4 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder has insisted that Newcastle United will not be making any "short-term panic buys" in this month's transfer window.

And this despite the fact that the United squad goes into the second half of the season absolutely decimated by injuries and with the fans impatient for new faces.

Roeder is trying to give United a solid base for the future, but because of all the club's injuries he has to balance the long-term plan with his immediate needs.

And he told me today: "There are not a lot of quality players out there at the moment, but this does not mean we cannot find two or three players who will suit our needs.

"We have had Seppe Rossi on loan but can still take another couple in this transfer window and that's what we may have to do.

"What I do not want to do is to sign players who we will be lumbered with for the next three-and-a-half years.

"There is a saying in football that while you cannot hide good players, you cannot get rid of bad players, and we want to avoid that."

As revealed in the Chronicle on December 12, United are still keeping tabs on Peter Crouch's situation at Liverpool, and I hear the Merseyside outfit have been asking about Mark Viduka just in case they sell their England striker.

Certainly Crouch's claim that he is happy at Anfield was to be expected. But my information is that if Rafael Benitez does not want him, then the beanpole striker would jump at the chance to come to St James' and form a little and large partnership with Oba Martins and Michael Owen.

But United have not renewed their interest in Viduka, and talk of them being interested in Everton's James Beattie and Kevin Davies at Bolton Wanderers is pie in the sky.

And no matter how many phones calls Joey Barton's agent Willie McKay makes to Tyneside, the Manchester City midfielder will not be coming to St James' Park.

United's priority is a couple of defenders, but talk that Lucas Neill, Matthew Upson, Steve Warnock, Chris Riggott and Jonathan Woodgate are heading this way is wide of the mark. :wullie:

There has also been talk in London that Fulham are interested in Titus Bramble, but Roeder says: "We are not in a position to let any of our players go."

Roeder has to try and get the best out of Albert Luque, but I am sure that if a Spanish club wanted to take him on loan with a view to a permanent move then United would agree to this.

Guest Gemmill

"There is a saying in football that while you cannot hide good players, you cannot get rid of bad players, and we want to avoid that."

Are you talking about Carr Glen???

You can't hide fat players either.  Or at least it can be difficult.

Guest BooBoo

:roll:

The Oliver article looks like the excuses are being made early.

blueyes.gif

Thought the same myself when i read it. Simply too many shades of last summer in those Roeder quotes. Basically:

1. Theres not may players availaible

2. We havent got loads of cash

3. We're not that an attractive proposition anymore compared to our buying rivals.

4. Clubs have got us over a barrel as they know we're desperate.

:roll:

The Oliver article looks like the excuses are being made early.

blueyes.gif

Thought the same myself when i read it. Simply too many shades of last summer in those Roeder quotes. Basically:

1. Theres not may players availaible

2. We havent got loads of cash

3. We're not that an attractive proposition anymore compared to our buying rivals.

4. Clubs have got us over a barrel as they know we're desperate.

Where other clubs will/have sign/ed players that could have done a job for us.

Pathetic tbh.

As I said, I don;t mention "plans" because I think they don't give guaranteed success, it is other people who say they do, like you for instance.

I think you are a troll for continually ignoring factual information and continually posting cliches that have no basis to back up opinions.

PS ........ just thought I would give you a 2nd bite at an intelligent reply

Pathetic tbh.

Was this not boring enough for you, you had to quote it again you boring boring old man?

Pathetic tbh.

Was this not boring enough for you, you had to quote it again you boring boring old man?

Was this boring enough for you, you uninformed boring little boy.

I repeat, you are a troll, an annoyance to the board, the place would be much better off without the likes of your retarded drivel, unfortunately you cannot be banned for being a boring old fart.

Shame.

Pathetic tbh.

Was this boring enough for you, you uninformed boring little boy.

Again back talking shit, god haven't you had enough of making a tit of yourself on these forums yet?