Tevez and Mascherano

Lenny

Guest teepee

scapegoats for sure - both are class, but need time to settle in a bit.

they should be given a proper chance - and i am absolutely sure they'll show they are both miles ahead of the rest of the pityfull hammers in terms of ability!

i'd love to see them here - but i'm pretty sure that they'll leave britain if they leave west ham  :lol:

It seems crazy that Mullins, who is at best a Championship footballer, is always preferred ahead of Mascherano, who has long been considered one of the best young holding midfield players in the world. Even crazier is how anyone could select Bobby Zamora, Carlton Cole, or Marlon Harewood ahead of Tevez. The few games I've seen involving West Ham this season, Tevez has looked their best player and the most dangerous. Both of them always get a fantastic reception from the West Ham supporters so it all seems very strange. I think Tevez and Ashton would be a great partnership, but doubt Tevez will be given the chance.

tevez was a boy wonder during the worlds cup, a think its the english weather or the mentality of the english games, a wouldnt mind seeing riquelme in the premiership he would be wicked

Worst argument ever. Have you ever been to Paris, Turin, Rome or Madrid in winter? Just as cold, if not worse than England.

Tevez looks a talent no doubt, you can see the class, im suprised he hasnt had more time on the pitch.

Just shows off the pitch maybe something is wrong as Curbishley is treating him no different to Pardew.

Tevez blasted out in the press of his dislike of Pardew and his management, for the wages he is on and the way he has been hyped up it wouldnt suprise me if he believed his hype a bit too much.

I cant see either player staying much longer although they may last the season.

Curbishley said he wasn't picking Tevez because he hasn't scored.

The mind boggles. I think he's been excellent whenever I've seen him. Either Curbishley is an idiot (Which I wouldn't rule out, he signed Marcus Bent) or their management is stopping him from playing them in case they get injured before they cash in.

Guest king harry

Gilberto Silva aint exactly a failure either:)

Poyet either.

Or George and Ted Robledo bluewink.gif

Certainly looks like Liverpool are going for him, just not sure where he will play, if he does come maybe the rumours about Alonso going on a big transfer are true, hope not though.

Tevez is one of the few south americans that i would take a risk on. He's got high work rate and un-doubted talent. He just needs a little work done behind the scenes, lets not forget hes pretty young.

Everything was wrong about the transfers to West Ham. The players and their agents were not committed to the club, but just using West Ham as a shop window for a move to a bigger European club. It was driven through by the Board rather than the Manager, who ended up saying yes to a take it or leave it situation. The two players had a special status within the club, which was bound to upset the players who had taken West Ham forward over the previous two seasons, and then found their places under threat.

I read that the transfer had been turned down by a number of clubs before West Ham said yes, and no wonder. Some lessons will have been learned.

There definatley something weird about this all. 

At the time there was rumours that they were only being signed by West Ham to settle in England and then be shipped off to Chelsea or Man Utd if I remember correctly.  The other big problem for Wet Ham was that it was the Iranian businessman who bought them but Magnusson nipped in ahead of him to buy the club.

They are both talented players, no doubt, and I don't understand Curbishley saying Tevez isn't playing because he hasn't scored, as he won't score if he doesn't play.  Mascherano also looks a very good player from what I;ve seen of him before he went to West Ham, and I was in shock the other day when I read Curbishley wants to replace him with Nigel Quashie.  I see Juventus have also pulled out of signing him.

But even when it happened no one really believed (not even West Ham fans) that they would spend any more than a maximum of a season there.  It should be interesting to see how it pans out, as I imagine once they've been sold on we'll find out about the initial deal that took the to West Ham.