Sunday gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Does that mean N'Zogbia is massively overrated because he hasn't performed here this season?

He's out of form, it happens when you're not happy at work and want to move on, he reminds me of a young Michael Essien when he's playing well and I'd have him here over Parker any day.

24 year old Michael Essien?

I meant Essien during his time at Lyon.

Guest Phil K

O yeah and buy the way if this hasnt already been mentioned we are supposed strong contenders to sign Lucas Neill for 1m but face competition from Liverpool

Liverpool seem to be diving in after anyone we're interested in, and have been for the past 12 months.

They must be trying to force us to pay three times what they paid for Crouch by buying everyone we're after !

Maybe we should pretend we're after buying Ramage, Carr, Babayaro and Bramble - from ourselves !

I would rather sell Emre to Bayern than Parker, Emre is always injured after playing 10 games max.

He's played more games than Parker this season and they were both out for long periods last season.

£10m for parker would be a good deal. But it sends out all the wrong messages, we dont want to be selling our club captain.

We certainly havent seen the best of Parker, he has had an awkward season, people too easily use him as the scape goat this season. I think making him club captain has put too much unto his shoulders, he was fantastic for us last season, the second season is always a struggle.

Half his problem is not knowing what kind of role he is really supposed to be playing, i dont know why its not working for him but he is potentially a fantastic player for us. We should be supporting him alot more, certainly rather than getting on his back all the time.

On Keiron Richardson im not too sure about, I not sure how competant he is at LB, he is a good coming forward which we need from our new LB, but ultimately he needs to be able to defend or we might aswell just go with N'Zobia or Duff.

I would be happy if we can get bent.

Lucas Neill will be the new Carr, he is truly awfull, but maybe a change of club and people around him will work. The Blackburn fans cant wait to get rid of him, he is rash, clumsy and the only ball he can play is the long ball.

I know nothing of Gerald Cid

that we have also been linked with.

I would be very happy to have SWP's here, although he is hardly a priority. I dont think it will affect Milner too much as he is as good on either wing and can play through the middle.

£10m for parker would be a good deal. But it sends out all the wrong messages, we dont want to be selling our club captain.

We certainly havent seen the best of Parker, he has had an awkward season, people too easily use him as the scape goat this season. I think making him club captain has put too much unto his shoulders, he was fantastic for us last season, the second season is always a struggle.

Half his problem is not knowing what kind of role he is really supposed to be playing, i dont know why its not working for him but he is potentially a fantastic player for us. We should be supporting him alot more, certainly rather than getting on his back all the time.

On Keiron Richardson im not too sure about, I not sure how competant he is at LB, he is a good coming forward which we need from our new LB, but ultimately he needs to be able to defend or we might aswell just go with N'Zobia or Duff.

I would be happy if we can get bent.

Lucas Neill will be the new Carr, he is truly awfull, but maybe a change of club and people around him will work. The Blackburn fans cant wait to get rid of him, he is rash, clumsy and the only ball he can play is the long ball.

I know nothing of Gerald Cid

that we have also been linked with.

I would be very happy to have SWP's here, although he is hardly a priority. I dont think it will affect Milner too much as he is as good on either wing and can play through the middle.

Bit in bold italic.

Tired of hearing it, tbh. It's no excuse for stopping for a quick tab before passing the ball and for spending half the game on his arse.

Guest Texasmag

True. It will be interesting to see if it does come off though. Then he will say he always wanted to play for Aston Villa bluebiggrin.gif

I really don't want SWP here. I think he has the potential to be great, but this season Milner has developed superbly and SWP would only hinder him.

Would have him here in a flash, Milner on the left and SWP on the right.

couldnt agree more

edit - although i have to say, i'd like to see him here on loan, and not blow all our transfer money on a player who plays in a position we dont need cover for, oh, hang on........

As much as I like Parker if we had a 10 million pound offer and could sign Joey Barton for 5.5 million I would take that. There is not too much difference in the talent of the players plus we would have an extra 4.5 to spend elsewhere. Some would say that the past two seasons Barton has been more influencial for City than Parker has been for us.

10 million for Parker? i would sell him straight away for that and bring in someone who can do more of a Nicky Butt job for us in the middle.

diarra from chelsea, next makelele, have i spelled those both wrong, bah, its sunday

If he's the next Makalele, why the fuck would Chelsea sell him?

10 million for Parker? i would sell him straight away for that and bring in someone who can do more of a Nicky Butt job for us in the middle.

diarra from chelsea, next makelele, have i spelled those both wrong, bah, its sunday

If he's the next Makalele, why the F*** would Chelsea sell him?

They're not gonna.

Mourinho loves him. He is Makelele's replacement. Shame that, cos i would have loved him hear next season to replace Butt, who's legs will be going by then. Realistically speaking.

Guest thompers

They're not gonna.

Mourinho loves him. He is Makelele's replacement. Shame that, cos i would have loved him hear next season to replace Butt, who's legs will be going by then. Realistically speaking.

Like Speeds? Quick, flog him for next to nowt to Bolton so he can play immensely till he's in his late 40s

They're not gonna.

Why do you keep saying Butt's legs will be going next season? He's only 31, Makelele is 33 and still has a season in him.

i dont think they would at the moment, i can see mourinho leaving at the end of this season though, could  be a chance to sign him if a new manager comes in with new ideas, who knows

I'd imagine Butt's got a good few years in him.

He didnt really play a great deal of football at Old Trafford, compared with some of their players so it's not as if he's been overplayed throughout his career. He acts like a good pro and dosent really rely on pace for his game.

Some people always want to move on to 'the next big thing' though.