Sunday gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

I really don't want SWP here. I think he has the potential to be great, but this season Milner has developed superbly and SWP would only hinder him.

Guest smoggeordie

I really don't want SWP here. I think he has the potential to be great, but this season Milner has developed superbly and SWP would only hinder him.

Would have him here in a flash, Milner on the left and SWP on the right.

I suppose that could work, but for me Milner is best on the right, and Zog has massive potential as well. GR wont sell Duff after just getting him, and we have Dyer, Solano, AOB, Pattison etc... who can play on the wing.

Would have him here in a flash, Milner on the left and SWP on the right.

I suppose that could work, but for me Milner is best on the right, and Zog has massive potential as well. GR wont sell Duff after just getting him, and we have Dyer, Solano, AOB, Pattison etc... who can play on the wing.

Milner on the left would be good for improving his left foot ability, I love him for the fact he is very two footed.

And Roeder seem's to be prefering the 4-5-1. Emre, N'zogbia* and Butt in the middle and Milner and SWP on the wings would work imo, might take time to adjust to it but I could see it working well 'specially when you add Martins pace to it.

(Working with the funny assumption that this thread is based on some modicum of fact...)

I think Freddy may have the meaning of "mid field" wrong.  He obviously thinks that by having a team full of midfielders we will finish mid table at the end of the year.  At least we won't be relegated.    :winking:

(Working with the funny assumption that this thread is based on some modicum of fact...)

I think Freddy may have the meaning of "mid field" wrong.  He obviously thinks that by having a team full of midfielders we will finish mid table at the end of the year.  At least we won't be relegated.    :winking:

I suppose if you play 0-9-1 you could do some damage :lol:

"Toon to bid for Bent"

I'm sorry if i got the wrong end of things, but surely Roeder should be looking for defenders rather than another attacker?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439863&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Toon+ready+Bent+bid

No direct quotes, so more unsubstantiated speculation.

And there's another article on there saying Chelsea want Milan Baros!! :lol:

Guest Paulus

We could sell Parker and not miss him in the slightest. It would a dream deal to get £10m for him.

Agreed.

Strongly disagreed

Guest nufc 4 life

would have SWP here in a flash especially if it is on a loan deal with a view of a permanent signing in the summer. There has been a lot of pressure put on Milner and although he is doing amazingly well to get SWP would be great you could rotate N'zogbia and Milner on the left until Duff gets fit and then Milner and SWP on the right when he does. Parker for 10m is a good prospect IMHO even though i know it won't happen Barton 5.5 Reo-coker 6m both are just as good as parker and leaves us with at least 4m in the kitty, but again i don't think this will happen.

If SWP really does want to come here then we should really do our best to get him.