Sunday gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Guest nufc 4 life

O yeah and buy the way if this hasnt already been mentioned we are supposed strong contenders to sign Lucas Neill for 1m but face competition from Liverpool

I think Barton is over-rated too, but he's still better than Parker. Selling Parker and replacing him with Barton AND putting money back into the kitty is a good deal.

:thup:

If we could get Reo Coker and £4 million for Parker then it could possibly be one of our best transfers ever.

TWO IN FOR LUCAS

LIVERPOOL and Newcastle are locked in a straight fight for Blackburn defender Lucas Neill.

The Australian World Cup star, who turned down a new three-year deal with Rovers, is out of contract in the summer but set to move during the window for a cutprice £1million.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez had been leading the race. Liverpool's initial move collapsed last August when they couldn't agree a valuation with Blackburn in a part-exchange deal for left-back Stephen Warnock.

Neill, 28, has attracted attention from the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona, whose No.2 Johan Neeskens was on Australia's staff at the World Cup.

But Neill looks set to settle for a future in the Premiership and sources close to Newcastle have confirmed that they are now serious contenders to sign him.

Good signing IMO, he's a good CB too.

I think Barton is over-rated too, but he's still better than Parker. Selling Parker and replacing him with Barton AND putting money back into the kitty is a good deal.

If we could get Reo Coker and £4 million for Parker then it could possibly be one of our best transfers ever.

Reo-Coker is massively overrated. He is one of those people who has just not performed at west han this season.

Reo-Coker is massively overrated. He is one of those people who has just not performed at west han this season.

Does that mean N'Zogbia is massively overrated because he hasn't performed here this season?

He's out of form, it happens when you're not happy at work and want to move on, he reminds me of a young Michael Essien when he's playing well and I'd have him here over Parker any day.

IF we got a replacement for Parker sorted before any potential transfer (as in, I don't expect this one to ever happen), then I'd be more open to see him leave. As it is, I'm happy enough with him (cue the OTT anti-Parker lot having a go at me, demanding reasons) though he could be doing a lot better.

IF we got a replacement for Parker sorted before any potential transfer (as in, I don't expect this one to ever happen), then I'd be more open to see him leave. As it is, I'm happy enough with him (cue the OTT anti-Parker lot having a go at me, demanding reasons) though he could be doing a lot better.

What's the problem with being asked to give a reason for rating him highly? The people who don't rate him so highly seem to be happy enough to provide reasons why they believe he's not as good as some make out.

10 million for Parker? i would sell him straight away for that and bring in someone who can do more of a Nicky Butt job for us in the middle. Reo-Coker is over-rated. Barton maybe or a DM in the Makelele mould from overseas. Emre and Parker as a partnership doesnt work so if someone bids 10 million for one of them it should be accepted unless Emre is going to be leaving in the summer.

Guest thompers

Well you were never going to be unhappy with him were you mr glass-half-full, and yet you even admit that you don't want to give reasons to be happy with him :lol:

I'd keep Parker for squad depth for now. Yesterday highlighted that when two of our midfielders are injured, Pattison just isn't a viable option. We need to bring in someone like Sidwell from Reading who shouldn't be too expensive as his contract is up in the summer.

I'd keep Parker for squad depth for now. Yesterday highlighted that when two of our midfielders are injured, Pattison just isn't a viable option. We need to bring in someone like Sidwell from Reading who shouldn't be too expensive as his contract is up in the summer.

:thup: Been talking about getting Sidwell for a while, looks a good player is fairly tall (5ft 11) and will be cheap.

Been talking about getting Sidwell for a while, looks a good player is fairly tall (5ft 11) and will be cheap.

Yeah we both have for what feels like years lol. Now is as good a chance as any that we have to get him.

Been talking about getting Sidwell for a while, looks a good player is fairly tall (5ft 11) and will be cheap.

Yeah we both have for what feels like years lol. Now is as good a chance as any that we have to get him.

Probably has been a good couple of years tbh  :lol:

Davies and Sidwell is the dream  bluebiggrin.gif tongue.gif

I really don't want SWP here. I think he has the potential to be great, but this season Milner has developed superbly and SWP would only hinder him.

Would have him here in a flash, Milner on the left and SWP on the right.

What about Duff and the zog?  Duff's new, highly rated and roeder's signing, he's not gunna get shoved aside.  Plus im confident he'll come good.

Yesterday highlighted we need another door opener [/souness] for when Emre isn't playing, something that neither Parker or Sidwell can do.

Guest Texasmag

There are also rumours of Bellamy going to Aston Villa.

Cant see that, don't think he would move and arent him and Kuyt their first choice partnership?

That's what I thought too. As Bellamy always wanted to play for Liverpool. Here is the link.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=rafa-hell-bent-on-darren%26method=full%26objectid=18411813%26siteid=62484-name_page.html

Does that mean N'Zogbia is massively overrated because he hasn't performed here this season?

He's out of form, it happens when you're not happy at work and want to move on, he reminds me of a young Michael Essien when he's playing well and I'd have him here over Parker any day.

24 year old Michael Essien?