Emre

Guest scum
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need to keep emre he's a matchwinner, probably the most gifted out of all our midfielders.  yeah reo coker is a good player but what we need is another striker and possibly a full back, thats my opinion anyway

Exactly. Fair enough the midfield isn't perfect but there are much more important positions to be dealing with right now. Instead almost all the speculation and talk on here seems to still deal with the midfield. Doesn't make sense.

Guest Zenith

need to keep emre he's a matchwinner, probably the most gifted out of all our midfielders. yeah reo coker is a good player but what we need is another striker and possibly a full back, thats my opinion anyway

Exactly. Fair enough the midfield isn't perfect but there are much more important positions to be dealing with right now. Instead almost all the speculation and talk on here seems to still deal with the midfield. Doesn't make sense.

He's only proved to be a match winner once this season. Home to Reading. Thank our heavenly stars that Inter gave us this average midget.

Guest woffy_27

need to keep emre he's a matchwinner, probably the most gifted out of all our midfielders. yeah reo coker is a good player but what we need is another striker and possibly a full back, thats my opinion anyway

He's only proved to be a match winner once this season. Home to Reading. Thank our heavenly stars that Inter gave us this average midget.

Just dont need to sell him, only players we need to get rid of is carr, babayaro and luque think everyone knows that, need 2 get a quality full back and strengthen our forward line it's obvious.  Just don't need another midfielder!

i'd get rid if he got the right offer, he's a decent enough player, but not fantastic.

This.

decent player, they called him the "turkish david beckham", is this when david beckham loses the ability to take a free kick or a meaningful cross. hes a home player, but if your building a "team" how the fuck can we afford to have players that cannot perform away from home,

I remember when he fist signed for us, some turkish guy was on here saying he had everything to be a top footballer, Tackling, shooting, passing and dribbling. Then he pointed out Emres two weakness' the fact that he had never got more than 10 goals per season and that he misses about 15 games through injury per season. He's view seemed pretty accurate to me.

Should Emre work under someone like Wenger he would improve and find his place in the side. I still don't think him or Parker no whether they are attacking or defensive, which is worrying.

i'd get rid if he got the right offer, he's a decent enough player, but not fantastic.

This.

decent player, they called him the "turkish david beckham", is this when david beckham loses the ability to take a free kick or a meaningful cross. hes a home player, but if your building a "team" how the F*** can we afford to have players that cannot perform away from home,

It might be more beneficial to get rid of the players that don't perform at home or away first tbh

For the price we paid for him, he is a good value. We need to have the flair and tricky players in midfield who would cause problems to opposition defenders...Door openers basically as Mr SouMess used to call them...Emre is one of them, Solano is another but he is now a RB, Luque is one too but Clark and Roeder think he is useless so scratch that off so basically we only have one or two (if you add Dyer to the list) flair players and for the price we paid to get Emre I don't we can get the same quality again...

This.

decent player, they called him the "turkish david beckham", is this when david beckham loses the ability to take a free kick or a meaningful cross. hes a home player, but if your building a "team" how the F*** can we afford to have players that cannot perform away from home,

wrong, they call him "maradona of the bosphrus"

tbh Injuries which were caused by other players is kind of hard to critisize him for, dont you think? Match against Blackburn which could've been season ending and against man u within the first few mins had to play through it the whole game.

This.

tbh Injuries which were caused by other players is kind of hard to critisize him for, dont you think? Match against Blackburn which could've been season ending and against man u within the first few mins had to play through it the whole game.

if he was that injured then they should have taken him off, just face it, he goes down every 10 minutes and is a liability,

maradona my arse

This.

He does go down a hell of a lot!

Guest justin99.

He seems to go down after any physical contact, and seem to have suffered some horrendous injury.

Interesting to watch Roeder at the begining of season when this would happen, he would have a very depressed look of despair on his face.

Now, (ManU for example) his reaction is unchanged.

Just an attention seeker, or ..... a girl.

Guest AceDeuce

wow antoher emre thread.

oh please let me be the one to open another thread about him when this one reaches page 2!!!

wow antoher emre thread.

oh please let me be the one to open another thread about him when this one reaches page 2!!!

:lol:

It's already on 3.

and hes still shite

wow antoher emre thread.

It's already on 3.

and hes still shite

Not a nice thing to say about AceDeuce.

wow antoher emre thread.

It's already on 3.

and hes still shite

Not a nice thing to say about AceDeuce.

I'd rather have him playing that emre

Have never understood this dislike of Emre. Hes a good playmaker with a few faults (free kicks, switching off) but hes still a better player than the majority of our other players in the squad, and without him we just seem a poorer team overall. Consistently plays well or is one of our better players, does seem to pick up a few injuries but hes not done too bad this season since after Milner hes started the most games for us.

Expectations also seem to be too high for him. Hes not world class, hes not going to take the game to teams like ManU all on his own and create chances out of nothing on a consistent basis, very few players can do that consistently and none of them would even consider playing for us. For a side with top 4 ambitions, hes good enough as a first teamer, for a title challenging side, hed probably make a good squad player. Same thing applies for Dyer, who likewise could do little against a team like ManU - players of Dyer's and Emre's calibre will only put in good performances against the top sides once in a while.

We could certainly do with some competition in central midfield, a Diop or Appiah would be a good addition and we could then rotate Emre and drop him for those games in which we need more protection for the defence, but if anyone needs to be sold from the midfield, it has to be Duff. He adds little to our team, is on large wages, and seems to be injured after every few weeks - and if everyone is fit, im not so sure hes worthy of a place ahead of Zog or Dyer - definately not Milner.

Guest AceDeuce

thanks for wanting me to play, but i already play for another club.

my last name is "Assis Moreira" and emre is a very close friend.

i would say he plays a lot better than me, he just doesnt want to show it

because he is so shy. so stop opening threads about him all day.

but enough talking now i have to drive to alaves today, important

game i have to play... bye

Guest justin99.

I disagree tmonkey. I think Duff has the skill and ability to lift us towards a european place and higher. The players also recognise this, quoting Oba

"when Duff is back we'll be unstoppable".

Granted though his injuries are a cause for concern. A quick look at his career stats brought this:

Time Team                         MP      Min     G     PS    YC    RC

2001 Blackburn Rovers         32      2741    7      0      3      0

2002 Blackburn Rovers         26      2251    9      0      3      0

2003 Chelsea                      23      1462    5      0      0      0

2004 Chelsea                      30      2406    6      0      1      0

2005 Chelsea                      27      1579    3      0      3      0

2006 Newcastle United         13      1064    1      0      1      0