Football on TV or Football in the stands

Guest GHoeberX
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GHoeberX

f***ing hell changed the answers round because he can't take being wrong. fucksake

lol! First of all there's no such thing as being wrong or being right in this one (IMO). As everybody is entitled to his own opinion and for me goes that I can analyze better while watching TV.

It's an interesting point though the way you say it because it exactly hits the core. You and some more (like HowayTheToon) are trying to unvalidate the opinions of people who did not go to a match. That's just total disgrace.

Anyway, yes I changed the options around with 2-7 (so basically I switched 5 votes (so that's 10 turned around), so if you want the accurate results keep that in mind), to be sure that people weren't voting on 'automatic pilot'...

I have to say, one of the first things I was attacked for on this forum was when I made the suggestion that a match going supporters was in a better position than an armchair supporter to make judgements on players.

Reading this even I'm wondering why I was given ZERO support. Bear in mind that this is going back awhile, I wasn't as unpopular then as I am now for being right most of the time......  :winking:

Spot on. The match going supporter are watching the players week in week out for 95 minutes, of course they are in a better place to judge.

I think what got people's backs up was when certain folk suggested arm chair pundits have no right to comment on the players what so ever...

Well that wasn't me, as I guarantee I've never made that suggestion. Course, that wouldn't stop the certain folk trying to 'spin' what I said though.

Anyway, yes I changed the options around with 2-7 (so basically I switched 5 votes (so that's 10 turned around), so if you want the accurate results keep that in mind), to be sure that people weren't voting on 'automatic pilot'...

Thats a lame fuking excuse.

You went away for a good hour and thats the best thing you could come up with?  :lol:

Dear me how.

Guest GHoeberX

I have to say, one of the first things I was attacked for on this forum was when I made the suggestion that a match going supporters was in a better position than an armchair supporter to make judgements on players.

Reading this even I'm wondering why I was given ZERO support. Bear in mind that this is going back awhile, I wasn't as unpopular then as I am now for being right most of the time......  :winking:

Spot on. The match going supporter are watching the players week in week out for 95 minutes, of course they are in a better place to judge.

I think what got people's backs up was when certain folk suggested arm chair pundits have no right to comment on the players what so ever...

Well that wasn't me, as I guarantee I've never made that suggestion. Course, that wouldn't stop the certain folk trying to 'spin' what I said though.

As soon as you say that your opinion is better (and that's exactly what you did) BECAUSE YOU sit in a stadium and someone else doesn't or like GEMMILL who believes someone from Australia has no right to talk about Newcastle... that is so dumb, narrow-minded...  People who talk like that probably have THIS as their favorite song.

Guest GHoeberX

Thats a lame fuking excuse.

You went away for a good hour and thats the best thing you could come up with?  :lol:

Dear me how.

I'm sorry I'm not online 24/7 non-stop :roll:

PS2; to go along with your thinking: You think I've been thinking for one hour to come up with an excuse??? For doing what? I changed two poll options around which changed 5 votes

Guest GHoeberX

Why aint I surprised. I think he isnt a real football fan. He supports the team where Kluivert is playing. And now changing the anwsers... :lol:

Je zoekt wel heel wanhopig naar nieuwe vriendjes hier zeg

Guest TheDutchman

:) Hey Fatrick still angry with me? I apologized.... Was just fooling around.

Altough I dont agree you changing the anwsers!

Guest TheDutchman

Why aint I surprised. I think he isnt a real football fan. He supports the team where Kluivert is playing. And now changing the anwsers... :lol:

Je zoekt wel heel wanhopig naar nieuwe vriendjes hier zeg

Plenty friends for me!

Guest GHoeberX

:) Hey Fatrick still angry with me? I apologized.... Was just fooling around.

Altough I dont agree you changing the anwsers!

It wasn't the best thing to do, but just look at how outraged Nobby is. How dare this stupid Kluivert-fan change the poll options! Pathethic! Childish! Etc. :lol: Nobby, if you want I can change the poll options AGAIN just for you :lol:

And you don't have to apologize for anything: I'm not that sensitive. It just influenced my opinion on you and so do your apologies.

Guest GHoeberX

By the way, is the Kluivert website your own website?

no

Now you haven't given your opinion; where do you analyze football better?

Guest TheDutchman

no

Live coverage on TV! Thats obvious and the only right anwser

This all started in the Luque thread and was based on the question of "whether you need to be at the match to judge a player". The fact that is started in that thread shows it was about individual players. The contest was whether watching on TV you missed out on stuff that is picked up at the ground about an individual. This i think is now put to bed. No one (or i'm not) is saying that an armchair fan is less able to analyse the game or doesnt enjoy benefits over those at the ground. Just that when it comes to an individual player you really have to watch them closely over the game to understand their full contribution to the team.

Guest TheDutchman

This all started in the Luque thread and was based on the question of "whether you need to be at the match to judge a player". The fact that is started in that thread shows it was about individual players. The contest was whether watching on TV you missed out on stuff that is picked up at the ground about an individual. This i think is now put to bed. No one (or i'm not) is saying that an armchair fan is less able to analyse the game or doesnt enjoy benefits over those at the ground. Just that when it comes to an individual player you really have to watch them closely over the game to understand their full contribution to the team.

Agree with that too

Guest GHoeberX

But you have to put this into perspective and that's what I'm trying to do. The things you miss of that one individual is the off-ball-movement when the ball is more than let's say 35 meters away and when only long-balls could reach him.

But yes, in the stadium there's the POTENTIAL to see a player 100%

But because of all kind of external factors the ACTUAL VIEW is best at TV, that's how I see it. Especially the small size of the player I find as a problem to analyze him from a distance.

Guest TheDutchman

no

And you havent told me yet where you're from. I wont plaats you in a hokje!

Guest GHoeberX

The atmosphere of a match day in and around a ground cannot be even nearly matched by a showing on TV. Fact!

FACT

Nobody ever said the opposite.

FACT

Guest GHoeberX

no

And you havent told me yet where you're from. I wont plaats you in a hokje!

Utrecht

The things you miss of that one individual is the off-ball-movement when the ball is more than let's say 35 meters away and when only long-balls could reach him.

But yes, in the stadium there's the POTENTIAL to see a player 100%

Especially the small size of the player I find as a problem to analyze him from a distance.

You're first point makes no sense. Any sense i have gleaned from it supports my view. Maybe that what you meant.

You're second point agrees with me.

You're third point is comedy.

I win  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest GHoeberX

You're first point makes no sense. Any sense i have gleaned from it supports my view. Maybe that what you meant.

Let's say there are certain degrees of importance?

What player X does with the ball in his feet is very important.

What player X does when a teammate has the ball is also important.

What player X does when an opponent (close to him) has the ball is also important (e.g. pressing & tactical discipline)

But what player X does when an opponent has the ball on the other side of the pitch... that's much less important. What I'm trying to say is that MOST of the important things a player does, ARE being broadcasted!

Guest Invicta_Toon

case in point:

last game, pattison got absolutely slated for losing posession all the time from people who were there / wathcing the live feed

I watch MOTD later, not a sign of it, not one mistake, as he wasn't in any of the crucial moves that made the cut

If it weren't for the above, I would have been none the wiser

I think even if you are watching the game live most human beings are focused where the action is and that is where the ball is! there are not many who can watch the whole pitch and take in everything all at once it's always focused on where the ball is and then if someone is making a play or a run it's usually within the range of focus just like  the TV really!. The only thing I can see watching the game live is the atmosphere nothing can beat the noise, the feeling of being there where the action is but at the same time I love watching the slow motion replays especially when someone scores spectacularly, so both have have their good points.