A Chelsea fan to a Newcastle supporter?!

Guest Mase

A lot of us overseas supporters who have no connection to the city and people of Newcastle have other reasons why they support Newcastle not being of course the local club...

My support for Newcastle started in 1994 when Kevin Keegan was the manager of our team...See Keegan was my hero when I was a kid living in England but then I left before I had the chance to know and comprehend fully what team he used to play for in the 70s (obviously Liverpool back then which comes to think of it, it's good I didn't know who he used to play for or I would have been now a pool supporter)...

I loved how Newcastle played under Keegan and when NUFC decided to bring Alan Shearer to St. James Park. That was the final nail in the coffin and sealed my alliance to Newcastle united since Shearer was a player I admired a lot...

Years has passed, things have changed a lot, we almost won the league twice in a raw but didn't win it not even once, Keegan is gone, Bobby (my other hero) Robson brought back some of the great days of the Keegan era, he is gone, Shearer is gone...But one thing will never disappear is my deep love and affection to this team called Newcastle United...Yes there can be more sad and hurtful days being a supporter of NUFC than happy days but even with all that I rather be living a defeat with NUFC than a win with Man U...

Jees I can’t believe these replies… It’s not a windup… I’ve only recently taking a real interest to Football, and want to support a team. I’ve been claiming to be a Chelsea fan, when really all I done was keep up to date with them. I want to make a commitment to a team, and I think I’ve found one which I like. That’s it. And this hasn’t been posted anywhere else..

EDIT: And yes my Grandad was a Geordie. Most of my Mums side is.

Being NUFC fans is not something that we plan.

It just happened.

It's kinda enlightment though

Pasti!  blueyes.gif

/steak bake

were you trying to speak Indonesian ?

Or you're Indonesian ur self ?

Nice . . .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NSMagpie

the reason I believe in God

A true Newcastle fan would only believe in Shearer.

A true Newcastle fan would believe God is at least half-Geordie.  ;)

What a load of BOLLOCKS -FECK OFF

::)

Quite an enlightening thread this is.

Welcome aboard mate, theres no getting off this rollercoaster and I mean it when I say rollercoaster, make sure you have a healthy heart, haha!

I was born in Newcastle so I've just grown up with it. I can't afford to go to games really but I'm an avid fan.

Like FlapjackJoe said "When you stay awake an entire January till 4am clicking refresh on 20 different websites (with Sky Sports News on in the background) to see the latest player we have been linked with in the transfer market ... and then wake up at 7am to see if they unveiled someone in the 3 hours you were asleep, then you know you've become a real fan."

I agree with this 'cause its what I do every January haha, such a good laugh (or a good cry!)

Welcome aboard mate, theres no getting off this rollercoaster and I mean it when I say rollercoaster, make sure you have a healthy heart, haha!

I was born in Newcastle so I've just grown up with it. I can't afford to go to games really but I'm an avid fan.

Like FlapjackJoe said "When you stay awake an entire January till 4am clicking refresh on 20 different websites (with Sky Sports News on in the background) to see the latest player we have been linked with in the transfer market ... and then wake up at 7am to see if they unveiled someone in the 3 hours you were asleep, then you know you've become a real fan."

I agree with this 'cause its what I do every January haha, such a good laugh (or a good cry!)

Thats me without the SSN in the background.. :(

Thats me without the SSN in the background.. :(

Me too.

Of course, the above situation impies that they ever do get around to actually unveiling a player... :o

You can change your wife, but never change your club. Altough I think this is a sad joke

I thought the proverb went "You can change your woman, your politics and your religion, but never your football team"

That said - someone who chooses to support Newcastle at the moment needs to be commended... or committed ;)