First signing imminent

stozo

Ferdinand is better than all but Taylor in our centre of defence IMO. Not sure if he is the answer as I was hoping for a bit more experience but as Moore is leaving as see Ferdinand as a better alternative. A Taylor/Ferdinand partnership seems okay but its a bit raw and inexperienced.

If be brought in top quality full backs I would be more than happy with Taylor and Ferdy at centre half.

Please not mr Anton 'Rio' Ferdinand.  This lad loves himself to the max, cant see himself doing any wrong, i cant see his career gettin too far with his attitude. Can imagine him blaming anyone buy himself every time a goal went in at SJP.

Well Huntingdon might have been at fault for the goals but I dont think he should be getting battered for mistakes, its all we can expect really from the kids.

They are going to make mistakes especially when they have no leader or organiser alongside them. I agree they are a long way off the first team at the minute but I hope they take the positives out of this experience for the future, rather than dismantling his confidence, which im sure wont happen but its a dangerous game to play.

Guest Darth Toon

Ferdinand is better than all but Taylor in our centre of defence IMO. Not sure if he is the answer as I was hoping for a bit more experience but as Moore is leaving as see Ferdinand as a better alternative. A Taylor/Ferdinand partnership seems okay but its a bit raw and inexperienced.

If be brought in top quality full backs I would be more than happy with Taylor and Ferdy at centre half.

I agree - comments about Anton from the West ham forum:

"IMO he needs to be playing alongside a big, traditional, no-nonsense lump of a centre half.

Just like his brother.

Anton and Gabbidon are too similar imo. Just like Rio and Silvestre at Man Utd. Rio has been much better alongside Vidic and is also fantastic alongside Terry for England."

I think Taylor fits the bill as a traditional, no-nonsense type - could be a good partnership.

Only problem is him being part of the bling culture or how to put it. This team seems to have gone forward in terms of professionalism and we dont need another fool who thinks his a superstar.

Only problem is him being part of the bling culture or how to put it. This team seems to have gone forward in terms of professionalism and we dont need another fool who thinks his a superstar.

Conjecture TBH, I can't really remember seeing him in the tabloids for anything but his football.

I'd be delighted if we signed Anton for the £7m being banded about this morning.

Fantastic young player, naturally gifted, more intelligence than Taylor, would work wonders with him.

I think he has the ability to match his brother, so do many others, cant believe people are scoffing at the idea of signing such a future player.

If we could get Baines as well we'd be sorted for 10 years apart from rightback.

Inter make a killing from us, are we the feeder club? Pistone, Emre, Martins and maybe this fella  bluebiggrin.gif

---------------------------------------

Agent reveals Newcastle interest for Inter Milan's Andreolli

The agent of highly-rated Inter Milan defender Marco Andreolli has revealed the interest of Newcastle United.

Asked about the youngster's plans for the winter market, his agent Patrick Bastianelli said: "The situation is already complex. The boy has offers from abroad, in particular from Newcastle and Marseille, while in Italy there is strong interest from Torino."

Bramble Mark II. Comes up into the Premiership as a fearless kid in a team who over-achieves. Second season out he's found wanting. Capable of a good performances but some of the errors he mistakes are ridiculous. No thanks.

Well that should be perfect for us then. He will come here, get hyped up to no end and then make a couple of mistakes and then he will be the worst defender of all times not fit to play in your sisters team etc..

Anton Ferdinand? No thanks. We need experience.

Why? We are not going to mount any serious challenge this year are we?

The way I see it if we buy younger palyers we will be better off in a few years when they develop.

Anton Ferdinand? No thanks. We need experience.

Why? We are not going to mount any serious challenge this year are we?

The way I see it if we buy younger palyers we will be better off in a few years when they develop.

Like with when we signed Jenas, Lua-Lua, Bramble, Viana, O'Brien & Ambrose you mean?