First signing imminent

stozo

Link

The Journal understands that manager Glenn Roeder is confident he will be able to confirm the signing of a new defender tomorrow, with Chelsea's young Frenchman Lassana Diarra the latest name to set the transfer grapevine buzzing.

Begin speculation as to who the defender is.

Guest nufc_geordie

I would go for Anton Ferdinand. The first of the mass exodus from West Ham. Curbishley, although he has plenty cash, will have to be careful here if he tries to replace most of his team with good seasoned proffessionals as seems to be the case. Might be funny to watch though. bluebiggrin.gif

I would go for Anton Ferdinand. The first of the mass exodus from West Ham. Curbishley, although he has plenty cash, will have to be careful here if he tries to replace most of his team with good seasoned proffessionals as seems to be the case. Might be funny to watch though. bluebiggrin.gif

I pray to God we don't sign this numpty.

And I'll do my best for you, Jonny, I promise...

And I'll do my best for you, Jonny, I promise...

Please Bluf. :D

Guest Ridzuan

I think Anton Ferdinand should be a great addition to the defence.At least he is much better than some of the centre backs we have already here.As for Diarra,I dont know much about him so I reserve my comments later if he does join.

Guest Ridzuan

Taylor and Ferdinand have played together for a few times for England U-21 and from what Ive seen so far,they both can play very well together,so its worth a shot.

Guest Smudger

Aye Ferdinand isnt a bad player. I would be glad if we signed him.

P.S F*** the forums gone all green on me  blueconfused.gif

Hmm not convinced about Ferdinand. Got potential, but hasnt Taylor, Huntingdon and Edgar??

We need experience at the back more than another young talent.

Fair enough we have Pearson and Roeder who we decent CB's in there day but its a big ask for Taylor or one of the other young guns to take the strain and leadership responsibilities so early on in their careers.

How tall is Diarra, maybe Glen sees him as a CB option, who knows.

Ferdinand has looked good but has also looked quite bad, suppose the same could be said of Taylor. I think they could work quite well together but Ferdinand wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice. Curtis would be my first choice :) apparently WBA have signed another quality young Luton defender Leon Barnett so this could pave the way for Curtis to leave.

Hmm not convinced about Ferdinand. Got potential, but hasnt Taylor, Huntingdon and Edgar??

We need experience at the back more than another young talent.

Fair enough we have Pearson and Roeder who we decent CB's in there day but its a big ask for Taylor or one of the other young guns to take the strain and leadership responsibilities so early on in their careers.

How tall is Diarra, maybe Glen sees him as a CB option, who knows.

Diarra is about Makelele's size, maybe slightly taller.

As for my view on Huntington and Edgar to me they both look very incomplete at the minute. Both of them seem to be solid at LB, don't get forward much but don't make too many mistakes, however Huntington must take the blame for a fair few of our goals recently when he has played CB recently.