Beckham

sempuki

Sky Sports News are having a heart attack about it and having phone interviews with every Englishman who has ever played in the MLS, such as Paul Dalglish and Mark Wilson. Seriously, why do Sky Sports have their phone numbers at hand?

Sky Sports News are having a heart attack about it and having phone interviews with every Englishman who has ever played in the MLS, such as Paul Dalglish and Mark Wilson. Seriously, why do Sky Sports have their phone numbers at hand?

Hahaha...  damn fine question, sir. 

Guest Knightrider

I've lost a lot of respect for Beckham myself, a player always 100% dedicated to football and now in his final years he's decided to go where the money is despite already being mega rich. I'd say this has more to do with other factors than just money, too, namely making a name for himself and his wife who has all but fucked up any career she had here in the UK, in America.

What a waste, because he's still good enough to play in any of the big leagues, even though he's not the player he was.

I've lost a lot of respect for Beckham myself, a player always 100% dedicated to football and now in his final years he's decided to go where the money is despite already being mega rich. I'd say this has more to do with other factors than just money, too, namely making a name for himself and his wife who has all but fucked up any career she had here in the UK, in America.

What a waste, because he's still good enough to play in any of the big leagues, even though he's not the player he was.

I, myself, wouldn't call it a waste, because now I get to spend the equivalent of 20 quid to see him play.  On the other hand,

it would have cost me upwards of 1000$ to fly over-seas and watch him in the EPL.  It'll be good for the game over here, but

you obviously don't care about that.  :winking:

Paul Dalglish is Kelly Dalglish's brother, is he not?

Not so bizarre really. And completely understandible when you consider what his wife (and maybe what he) wants in life. Should be slightly less media scutiny now as well since he will be in an environment with many other very famous stars.

I have mixed feelings personally. Getting tickets to the LA Galaxy will now be a challenge and I only ever admitted publicly that David Beckham was any good after he moved to Madrid (privately I did, but most footie "fans" I meet here are tossers and support one of the red shirted scum) - now going to Galaxy games and supporting him publically would be awkward... if he signed for NUFC I would have no problem supporting him but my feelings toward the Galaxy are a bit more reserved. Add to the fact that now half the people showing up to Galaxy games will be wearing ManUre replicas I will be extremely irritated... I may even support the away team if it gets out of hand.

Seriously, how can anyone even justify £500,000 a week? :lol:

What's that compared to baseball, basketball wages?

On par with baseball contracts, sorta.  A-Rod has a similar deal, but the contract length is longer.  Beckham

will be the highest payed athlete in North America. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, how can anyone even justify £500,000 a week? :lol:

What's that compared to baseball, basketball wages?

On par with baseball contracts, sorta.  A-Rod has a similar deal, but the contract length is longer.  Beckham

will be the highest payed athlete in North America. 

The wages have been higly inflated in the media.  His salary is actually only 51m over 5 years, with the rest coming from endorsements.  It's still a high salary for a pro athlete in America, but by no means the highest.