New January Transfer Window Thread

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Roeder revelaed interest in Curtis Davies, but a 10m price tag may have put him off until the summer, Lucas Neill to West Ham, cupposedly still interest in Crouch ::) Anton Ferdinand strongly linked, as is Ryan Babel, he says their are 2 loan signings that are basically confirmed and 1 permanent signing that would be a big success on tyneside for the next 4 or 5 years look forward to hearing your thoughts

Guest nufc 4 life

Hope Anton's injury isn't serious enough to scupper his possible move as he would be a very good addition for us.

agreed he has many critics though...

Hope Anton's injury isn't serious enough to scupper his possible move as he would be a very good addition for us.

...All you need to do is be linked with Newcastle to get injured these days....

West ham fans probably hate us now. First Ashton, and now Anton. Probably praying that we don't go after any of their other players!

Guest nufc 4 life

...All you need to do is be linked with Newcastle to get injured these days....

West ham fans probably hate us now. First Ashton, and now Anton. Probably praying that we don't go after any of their other players!

lol yeah not good

Ferdinand crocked today so that may rule him out.

Ramage and £6m for Davies  ;D

In an ideal world could happen

but not in the real one :)

Nah, wouldn't even happen on FM!  :D

You horrible, horrible person. Now I have to play FM for the sole purpose of trying to sell Ramage.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

that's ONE CLUB. There's been fuck all transfers, Manure can't even get their deals done. STOP WHINGING. Our problem is Roeder keeps playing Ramage, but with him being injured we should get a few results.

that's ONE CLUB. There's been fuck all transfers, Manure can't even get their deals done. STOP WHINGING. Our problem is Roeder keeps playing Ramage, but with him being injured we should get a few results.

The difference is we NEED players, Man U aren't desperate like us.

I think that were prob gonna get 1 perm signing which i hope will be Upson for around 6m, i like Davies but 10m is a joke for him, think we will get at least 2 loans though i would imagine Diarra and sum1 else but god knows who.  Wouldnt mind gettin Smith on loan but i think we have burnt our Man U bridges  :)  Cant understand why we didnt try for Montella on loan his pedegree speaks for itself.  We might end up gettin a shock Ronaldo or Cassano on loan deal but i wont hold my breath lol

Lots of clubs have signed players tbh so I don't buy into the whole "its really REALLY hard to sign players in January" thing. Yes it may be hard but its obviously not as hard as its made out to be!

I think that were prob gonna get 1 perm signing which i hope will be Upson for around 6m, i like Davies but 10m is a joke for him, think we will get at least 2 loans though i would imagine Diarra and sum1 else but god knows who.  Wouldnt mind gettin Smith on loan but i think we have burnt our Man U bridges  :)  Cant understand why we didnt try for Montella on loan his pedegree speaks for itself.  We might end up gettin a shock Ronaldo or Cassano on loan deal but i wont hold my breath lol

Upson for £6m is a bigger joke than Davies for £10m tbf!

Upson for £6m is a bigger joke than Davies for £10m tbf!

its my opinion, ive saw more of Upson then i have Davies

I posted his stats a while ago but it was something like 15 games a season out of Upson, the rest missing through injury. I would hesitate paying £6m for Woodgate who is a shit load better than Upson!

I posted his stats a while ago but it was something like 15 games a season out of Upson, the rest missing through injury. I would hesitate paying £6m for Woodgate who is a shit load better than Upson!

Id be more then happy to pay 6 for Woody, i know Upson has had alot of injuries, aint seen too much of Davies and tbh if he is a supposed 10m ENGLISH defender why arent the big 4 knocking on the door ?

I do think 6m for Upson is the high end but when has that stopped us and remember we did pay 4m or so for Bramble  :)

Wenger is a confirmed fan of Davies but its not like he really needs to spend that sort of money on the centre of defence. Letting Upson go for what he did shows (although he probably said different in the papers) that he didnt really think he was good enough.