Rennie today

madras

shearers just took the piss but i thought rennie got most right today,went with the linesman for milners goal(who got it wrong),some very good advantages brought back after play broke down,not perfect but a damn sight better than rennie of old.

shearers just took the piss but i thought rennie got most right today,went with the linesman for milners goal(who got it wrong),some very good advantages brought back after play broke down,not perfect but a damn sight better than rennie of old.

It was Shearer he hated not NUFC.

I think he got everything right except the Milner goal, but he did seem a bit trigger-happy when throwing yellow cards at players who questioned his decisions.

Then again, perhaps that's the right way to officiate today's game. A lot of the moaning and groaning to refs has gotten just downright ridiculous.

Almost had a heart attack when Martins gave him that sarcastic salute: thought he was going to send him off right then and there!

I think he got everything right except the Milner goal, but he did seem a bit trigger-happy when throwing yellow cards at players who questioned his decisions.

Then again, perhaps that's the right way to officiate today's game. A lot of the moaning and groaning to refs has gotten just downright ridiculous.

Almost had a heart attack when Martins gave him that sarcastic salute: thought he was going to send him off right then and there!

i'd back any ref on that,all the whinging and diving needs cutting out.if he booked them for whining too much,good,more rennie in the prem.

i'd back any ref on that,all the whinging and diving needs cutting out.if he booked them for whining too much,good,more rennie in the prem.

I think whining is ok, tbh. You get frustrated on a football pitch, there's a lot of adrenaline and you do things you normally wouldn't. Diving on the other hand....

I think whining is ok, tbh. You get frustrated on a football pitch, there's a lot of adrenaline and you do things you normally wouldn't. Diving on the other hand....

they get frustrated on the rugby pitch aswell and have to call the ref "sir",abide by the rules or pay the penalty

I thought he did well.  Obviously between him and his assistant they got the Milner goal wrong (anyone care?), and he was maybe a bit inconsistent in the showing of cards, but he wasn't bad.

Trigger happy refs are idiots. That card he gave to Martins was stupid. At least he's consistent in giving them though I guess.

if that was stupid after pushing the keeper and just laying hands on the ref.....why didnt you say the west ham bookings after milners goal were stupid?

he was right on all occasions..if you want football to regain its dignity you'll back him on those decisions

Guest Invicta_Toon

he's a cunt. end of

with the paper thin squad we have, in the next few games who wants to see us lose a player like Martins to suspension because of that stupid ass bullshit yellow fucking card?

he's a c**t. end of

with the paper thin squad we have, in the next few games who wants to see us lose a player like Martins to suspension because of that stupid ass bullshit yellow fucking card?

if cole done it you'd be screaming for a booking...he's been a c***,today he got most spot on and was strong on the annoying stuff that you hate when you watch football

went with the linesman for milners goal(who got it wrong),

No he didn't.  The linesman gave offside.

Yes, though, overall i thought he did well - tried to let the game flow.

the linesman quickly waved offside,then put his flag down,rennie looked long and hard at the linesman to decide.the linesman got it wrong,rennie went with it.

Trigger happy refs are idiots. That card he gave to Martins was stupid. At least he's consistent in giving them though I guess.

if that was stupid after pushing the keeper and just laying hands on the ref.....why didnt you say the west ham bookings after milners goal were stupid?

he was right on all occasions..if you want football to regain its dignity you'll back him on those decisions

He was probably wrong also to go all trigger happy on the Hammer players too. You have to allow that heated reactions will happen. The kind of which I'm talking about are in no way dragging down the "dignity" in football ( rolleyes ) a ref can also use his talking ability to reason with players, not act like a little spoilt hitlerian brat.

He was probably wrong also to go all trigger happy on the Hammer players. You have to allow that heated reactions will happen. The kind of which I'm talking about are in no way dragging down the "dignity" in football ( rolleyes ) a ref can't use his talking ability to reason with players, not act like a little spoilt hilterian brat.

*sighs* Some people have no clue.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I thought Rennie did ok and unusual for him, in our favour.

Shearers comments on MOTD showed that Rennie must have really got to him with his sending off that time and he's not forgotten.

Trouble is, I would imagine you have to have a clear head and bare no grudges to be a decent, unbiased and professional summariser. Confirms what I already thought that Al just doesn't cut it on tv. Maybe management would be a better option after all ;)

I thought Rennie did ok and unusual for him, in our favour.

Shearers comments on MOTD showed that Rennie must have really got to him with his sending off that time and he's not forgotten.

Trouble is, I would imagine you have to have a clear head and bare no grudges to be a decent, unbiased and professional summariser. Confirms what I already thought that Al just doesn't cut it on tv. Maybe management would be a better option after all ;)

Aye, it was strange that two of the major talking points for Shearer featured people with who Shearer has a big history, Rennie and Gillespie - although tbh, apart from the Milner goal which is the linesman really, I didn't think Rennie had a bad game either and singling him out was very odd. Just lucky Bellamy didn't start for Liverpool or it might have been three people.

Thought the Martins yellow was daft though, he was just trying to get the ball off that time-wasting wanker Carroll.

Guest Ridzuan

I thought he did OK yesterday,cant find much fault in him.I just want to say that he is probably the fattest referee I have ever seen.

I think he is a very dodgy ref and if I was a West Ham fan and not Newcastle I'd be really pissed off with him yesterday, though I wouldn't say that to his face as he is a black belt in karate sumo wrestling.

*sighs* Some people have no clue.

Oh really? Please tell how it is that I have no clue then.

Bump... i'd really like to know tbh.

Think he has some sort of hernia. 

Must admitt that when I saw he was the ref for yesterday I was doubtful but, all in all he had a decent game.  Consistant with both teams and if anything did us a favour on the Milner goal.

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c011.gif