David Edgar

NE5

Guest Bellers

Edgar should of started yesterday, Ramage is as inept as they come.

He doesn't look anything out of the ordinary but is definetly solid.

he played Ronaldo well the other week. In his best position yesterday, he looked comfortable, at ease, passed the ball safely and has an aura about him that I like. He hasn't played against top central strikers yet but I like what I have seen so far.

Completley agree. He changed the game for us yesterday and also improved Huntngtons performance. So far i have seen little weakness' in his game. He's composed, good in the air and doesn't jump into challenges. He needs to stand the test of time but no doubt Bramble will be in ahead of him next week.  ::)

I think both him and Huntington have a chance of making it in the Premiership however I'd prefer them to learn their trade at a Championship club rather than have us depend on them, one weakness I've noticed with both of them is that neither of them look comfortable with the ball at their feet and seem happy to play it back to Given so he can punt it out rather than try to pass it out themselves.

If we do sign Davies from West Brom then I'd like to see one of them go in the opposite direction on loan.

I think both him and Huntington have a chance of making it in the Premiership however I'd prefer them to learn their trade at a Championship club rather than have us depend on them, one weakness I've noticed with both of them is that neither of them look comfortable with the ball at their feet and seem happy to play it back to Given so he can punt it out rather than try to pass it out themselves.

If we do sign Davies from West Brom then I'd like to see one of them go in the opposite direction on loan.

Huntingdon played a great 40 yard pass out to milner yesterday and both of them play good passes and bad passes. Davies is a class act and i would be delighted to see him here. Tbh neither could leave on loan as we are still short of defenders.

I think he is just playing a safe ball, he's just came into the team. He looks assured enough but playing against the likes of Drogba will sort him out and we will see.

Would have to say I'd be happy with a back 4 of

---------------------GK--------------------------

Solano-------Taylor-------Edgar--------Huntington

Until the end of the season anyway, bit of a knee jerk from me on Edgar/Huntington but I think having nobby at right back is really going to help them out. I can't believe some of the criticism aimed at Solano from this board. It's all coming from <18 years old kids who don't even remember when Solano was signed or what his best position was when he came here. He played his whole life at Right Back for Boca Juniors, and that's no mean feat. Maradona adored him and I really think we lost something when we converted him to RW. Personally, I'm less of a fan of 'roving' full backs who just run all round all day with no ability, a la Carr, Baba, Lauren etc. Much prefer ball playing full backs such as Solano. They provide an easy pass from the central defenders and have the quality to deliver the ball effectively up the field. /rant over

It's all about getting the basics right, Ramage can't do that ergo he shouldn't be in our team, let alone our squad, and should have had his contract terminated long ago. Bramble should have been offloaded after 2 seasons max when it was clear he was never going to improve. Moore would be a good choice in CB, he gets the basics right, however he's always injured and I'd value stability over ability when it comes to defence and would prefer a stable back 4. Carr isn't the same after his injury, he can't tackle and he seems worse than Parker (some feat) in his ability to run around aimlessly like a lost puppy chasing a headless chicken. Babayaro has always been dire.. yet the 4 players I've just described are near enough Roeder's first choice back 4. Roeder needs to learn fast that experience counts for nothing when you simply don't have the ability to do a job effectively.

If Roeder has the bollocks to field the above defensive team we might stand a chance of a good future. But I keep getting the feeling that Roeder plays too much FM and knows less about Managing a football team or managing people than I do.

Guest Hodgson09

Lets not not get carried away and put too much expectation on him because when he has a bad game you all will be disappointed, and he will have a bad game lets just be hopeful that he has more good games than bad.

One central defender whose shown some ability this season, and poise to go with, as far as bringing the ball out of the defensive third and setting up some possession play/sequences in the middle. A quality - ie. a playmaking centrehalf - we've lacked since Woodgate and *Distin left the club respectively.

*In this area Distin showed some ability - ie. turning the zone defending striker, and bringing the ball out to the defensive edge of the centre circle - on the few occasions he played in the middle.

Guest Ridzuan

Well I might agree that it is too early to judge him,Im very impressed with what Ive seen from him so far as well and I think he is and will become a better defender than Peter Garbage.