Roeder's statements

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

I used to think the bloke talked a lot of sense, but recently I just can't help thinking he's talking absolute bollocks

Not easy to answer this question because Roeder tends to be very mono in his interviews, not giving too much away.  In fact he tends to repeat the same stuff in a different format most of the time.

He is not a screamer, he is not the most passionate man (football related - not sure about anything else) but, he does care.  He was a top player and is a good coach.  I think his management skills are quite weak and ultimately his statements are watered down with little content of any substance.

If he had 20m to spend this thread wouldnt be necessary.

But he dont have this kind of money so its his own fault maybe

Because earlier he promised the fans there will be new signings in January

So the only thing im annoyed about is the fact that he has promised something that he cant do(sign 4-5 players in January)

But the main fault isnt his

Its to the Fat guy who called himself as a true geordie...

So the only thing im annoyed about is the fact that he has promised something that he cant do(sign 4-5 players in January)

Or to the scottish guy who spent a tonne of money on shit mediocre players.

I think he is pretty carefull with what he says, he has to be.

He does talk sense, but like you say for the most part he never says much we dont know or havent heard before.

He is right to down play speculation and expectations about transfers and is right that we have to pick exactly the right people. But at the same time I think he is piling more pressure on himself and especially the players he does actually buy.

I still rate Roeder as one of the better managers around for talking sense and conducting himself well, although you would be hard pressed to find anyone that does all the time.

Or to the scottish guy who spent a tonne of money on shit mediocre players.

Fat Fred hired the scotish c**t who destroyed what SBR build

Guest Gemmill

He talks an awful lot of shit, it has to be said.  I never really bother watching SSN, reading the Chronicle, or trolling the internet or newspapers for quotes or stories about NUFC tbh - totally pointless as most rumours are made up and the interviews are boring as fuck.  I'm just not all that interested until I hear confirmation that we've signed someone or whatever from the club.  Player interviews, manager interviews, and all the rest are just about as boring as reading an interview with my next door neighbour, and the way people torture themselves on here trying to read things into what someone has or hasn't said is hilarious.  :-*

So, in short, Roeder talks a lot of shit from the odd thing I see highlighted on here.  Whether he's making sense the rest of the time, I have no idea as I never tend to read it.

Guest Gemmill

Got the transfer text alerts on again Gemmill? ;)

Certainly not.  After the crushing text disappointment combo that was Antoine Sibierski and Olivier Bernard, I won't be making that mistake again.

Got the transfer text alerts on again Gemmill? ;)

Certainly not.  After the crushing text disappointment combo that was Antoine Sibierski and Olivier Bernard, I won't be making that mistake again.

;D

It's amazing how what people say gets twisted. Take a look at this.

He Said "I have targeted four or five players I would like to buy who would help us become a better squad and a better team but we are finding it hard to prise them from their clubs in January.

He Meant There are four or five players I'd like to sign.

Some folks heard We are going to sign four or five players

Faced with that kind of thing it's amazing managers ever say anything at all...

I used to think the bloke talked a lot of sense, but recently I just can't help thinking he's talking absolute bollocks

If you mean the start of last summer when you say recently then I agree.

my point was, in the early days, he did talk some sense btw

only now has he descended into pure bollocks

What that Roeder said is bollocks to you?

An awful lot of what he say's is either bollocks, helps nobody (the jibes at Boumsong), misrepresents the fans, or is just simply contradictory.

For instace, considering today's revelations regarding Curtis Davies how does this grab you.

"I really hate managers talking about other managers' players."

The majority of managers give politician style answers. They don't want to commit to something that might not happen. Most managers also try to apply pressure to the board by saying things like "I'm trying to sign two players but I don't know if we have enough money" shifting the focus onto the 'tight fisted' board.