Curtis Davies rumour becoming stronger

NUFC06

I think one of the top targetsis Davies and today there is alot of rumours about him

read something about us giving Bramble+9m for him

Also Roeder has officialy confirmed that he is interested in him and if we dont sign him now he will be target in the summer

also Nigel Pearson has a big influence on Roeder about Davies

I'll be over the moon if we sign him

He is young,played in the Premiership and can become great player

The fee is a joke, but it looks like that or nothing.

Rather pay the £9m for him than the £8m for Boumsong.

But still its a lot of money, no doubt he'll break his leg in six places on his debut if we did sign him.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=443224&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Magpies+confirm+Davies+fancy

Magpies confirm Davies fancy

Glenn Roeder has confirmed his interest in bringing West Brom defender Curtis Davies to Newcastle.

The Magpies chief has seen a number of moves fail to bear fruit this month, as he attempts to beef up his options.

Roeder has made strengthening his defence one of his key priorities and Davies would appear to be high on his wish-list.

"Getting top-class young English defenders like Curtis Davies is proving a tough nut to crack," he told the Evening Chronicle.

"I have to say he's one of the players we have targeted in the January window, but if we don't get him he has to be a possibility for the summer."

Roeder also confirmed an approach for one of Arsenal's young guns had fallen on deaf ears.

"We have asked Arsenal if we could have one of their young players on loan, but Arsene Wenger said he wants to keep him at the moment because he is not ready to play Premiership football week-in, week-out," stated Roeder.

"We have accepted Arsene's decision and, as far as this player is concerned, that is the end of the matter."

The fee is a joke, but it looks like that or nothing.

Rather pay the £9m for him than the £8m for Boumsong.

But still its a lot of money, no doubt he'll break his leg in six places on his debut if we did sign him.

;D

I think one of the top targetsis Davies and today there is alot of rumours about him

read something about us giving Bramble+9m for him

Also Roeder has officialy confirmed that he is interested in him and if we dont sign him now he will be target in the summer

also Nigel Pearson has a big influence on Roeder about Davies

I'll be over the moon if we sign him

He is young,played in the Premiership and can become great player

Should work in our favour as Pearson should know how good he is in relation to what we have and how good he can be.

Have seen Curtis since he broke into the Luton squad and I really believe he is something a bit special. He has pace, is commanding, clever, good on the ball and must have something about him to be given the captains armband and have his players respect him.

£9m-£10m is defo overpriced at the moment but I have little doubt he will grow into that price tag.

I prefer if we splash 9m for him instead of Bale

Not sure tbh.

We need a LB more than a CB.

yes we need LB more than anything but im not sure that Bale is the answer

There is no doubt that he is amazing talent and has a big future ahead of him

But right now he is overpriced and overrated by all and i think that if we spend 10m,to spend it on someone like Bridge for example

Not sure tbh.

But right now he is overpriced and overrated by all and i think that if we spend 10m,to spend it on someone like Bridge for example

I'd go for Baines out of Bale, Bridge & Baines.

Both Davies & Bale are overpriced, especially in this window, but if we were to spend close to £10m on one, then i'd want it to be Bale.

We have many CB's we have one LB who is a lazy selfish cunt and wants shot with his own shit.

Bale would have the bigger improvement right now.

Not sure tbh.

I'd go for Baines out of Bale, Bridge & Baines.

Both Davies & Bale are overpriced, especially in this window, but if we were to spend close to £10m on one, then i'd want it to be Bale.

We have many CB's we have one LB who is a lazy selfish c**t and wants shot with his own shit.

Bale would have the bigger improvement right now.

You are right that right now Bale would have bigger improvement on the squad and to our team

But when you looked generaly to our CB...

We dont have enough class there ???

and Davies is exactly what we need

Guest johnson293

Anyone know the situation with Wayne Bridge at Chelsea?

A few weeks ago, Sky Sports ran a story that he was struggling with the lack of first team games at Chelsea (you have to wonder why he signed that new contract then??!!)

And on Saturday, he wasn't even in the squad for the game against Liverpool - despite Chelsea moaning about injuries to defenders, and them having to play Ferierra (LB) and Essien (MID) at centre half!!!

Could it be worth another punt to get him either on loan till summer, or an all-out bid for him?

MJ

i'd also prefer us spending 9m on davies over bale - simply because he is "more proven"

would be a great buy imo, but the prices these days are insane!

...we have Taylor, Hunty and Edgar, nevermind Shamble and Moore...

Why not spend the cash on a proven international players like Andrade?

Andrade is class but alot of players who comes from abroad and havent played in the Premiership are finding very difficult to adapt to the premiership sp maybe its better to buy players who has played before in the premiership and did well

Guest andynufc84

i wonder how reliable this story about davies is

i find the whole transfer situation at NUFC baffling...mixed messages from all quaters

its come from the daily mail ain't it? how credible are they?

Guest SwissMagpie

daily mail published that UBS and Polygon are going to Takover the club................UBS here published that its Rubbish and its not true.............so think alone :)

Guest Invicta_Toon

formerl club academy director spunks stupid money on a young English defender to replace clubs own failing youth academy products

TBH

came from the chronicle didnt it?

Davies would be a good bet, Pearson knows him as good as anyone he has played and played well in the premiership. Its not as though he is un-proven.

Alot of money though, would also leave us STILL needing an experienced Leader.

I believe it to be a matter of time before Davies joins the toon and i for one would be happy about it. It seems that the obvious problem is price but if we could get a lower deal by throwing Bramble in then i would be very happy. I doubt the deal would happen in january as it would hurt west broms promotion hopes. However, if they were to fail to get into this league then it would be an ideal time for them to cash in and may also be a big influence on Davies himself, as he would want to play at a higher level.

I'd like to think we had other options too as Anton Ferdinand impressed me at the weekend.

Davies would be a good bet, Pearson knows him as good as anyone he has played and played well in the premiership. Its not as though he is un-proven.

Doesn't mean to say that the experianced player needs to be at centre half. I think Solano should be given the captains role TBH. He just oozes confidence in tight situations and would have a great influence on the young lads. Both Taylor and Davies have leadership qualities so i doubt either player would need alot of motivation to perform.

Doesn't mean to say that the experianced player needs to be at centre half. I think Solano should be given the captains role TBH. He just oozes confidence in tight situations and would have a great influence on the young lads. Both Taylor and Davies have leadership qualities so i doubt either player would need alot of motivation to perform.

Point well taken, but im not convinced Solano would be the best bet for organising the back four. One thing that should go for us is the fact we have a manager and assistant manager that were both decent CB's and club captains, although that obviously isnt out there on the pitch its with them every day on the training ground and should be organising them properly to begin with.

It will also obviously help when we have a RB and LB that actually give proper protection. Solano will get better as he adjusts into it, combined with the fact he is a very clever footballer anyway.