Seven Million for Duff

Skirge

Just imagine. If we sold him for 7 mil right now and he regains his old form back at Tottenham, the Cockney Mackems would never let us hear the end of it.

Even if he turns out to be utterly useless, I'd rather keep him on our books than take that risk tbh.

Guest Knightrider

Just imagine. If we sold him for 7 mil right now and he regains his old form back at Tottenham, the Cockney Mackems would never let us hear the end of it.

Even if he turns out to be utterly useless, I'd rather keep him on our books than take that risk tbh.

That's just stupid, I couldn't care less.

Anyway he's finished man, he will never be the player he once was because he's lost that sharpness and the stamina, and coupled with a lack of altheticism and a poor record of niggly injuries, the best he has to offer is fleeting performances against lesser teams. We need to stop buying players whose best years were played elsewhere

Guest WalkervilleMag

the story seems like the usual transfer gossip drivel to help fill a few paragraphs of a paper.  very much doublt Duff would join spurs,  12 months after he turned them down, and vice versa, doubt they would sign a player who turned them down 12 months previous.

Think Liverpool might come in for him in the summer though,  would want more than 7million.  9/10 million if hand was forced.

People natter on about Luque being given a chance, well take this into account. From out 24 league games this season Duff has started 12 and in just 7 of them has played in his prefered left wing position, also in 2 or 3 of those 7 we were only playing one striker, thus limits the teams attacking ability.

I wouldn't exactly say from that he has been given a fair chance.

There is no doubting his talent but he is injurled alot and he was that way when we bought him, last thing w eneed here are injury probe players and 7 mill would be a great offer.

Did'nt some story come out after we played them int he cup of how gutted he is to be here and how much he really wanted to stay at Chelski ?

We must be honest and say so far even at the cheap price we got him for he has not been value for money.

Guest TampaToon

we need defenders and blah blah blah, but we're not getting the ones we want in january.  in the meantime, we need a group of players who can win us games.  duff, whether he plays 5 games or 20 in the second half of the season, is a player who will help push us up the table.  7 million pounds at the end of the january window doesn't help us qualify for europe.

there isn't enough time to sell duff and turn around and initiate a new buy and complete it before the window is over...the only player who should leave in this window is luque, since he's never going see the pitch under roeder.  everybody else represents depth that we desperately need.

if duff is sitting healthy on the spurs bench while we're putting matty pattison in our starting XI, we'll have really screwed up.

That's just stupid, I couldn't care less.

Anyway he's finished man, he will never be the player he once was because he's lost that sharpness and the stamina, and coupled with a lack of altheticism and a poor record of niggly injuries, the best he has to offer is fleeting performances against lesser teams. We need to stop buying players whose best years were played elsewhere

Call it stupid if you'd like, that's how I feel.

Besides, it's probably stupid to write off a 27-year-old as "finished" over a year and a half of bad form. Although, this being Newcastle United at all, I'm not exactly raving to stake money that he'll make a dramatic comeback... But I still think he's worth a keep, at utter worst, he's a decent backup at left wing.

Would be completely mad to sell Duff...he WILL come good you will see! Duff on left, Milnar on right, dyer and martins up front now there's a pacey attack! Even if we got the 7 million it would undoubtably go straight into fat freds back pocket!

P.S im depressed at the thought of having the same defenders for another 6 months so the 7 mil deal if done should be spent straight away on bringing a top CB in....oh and not long b4 we have to put up with Shitus Shambles again!!!!!!  :o

Would be completely mad to sell Duff...he WILL come good you will see! Duff on left, Milnar on right, dyer and martins up front now there's a pacey attack! Even if we got the 7 million it would undoubtably go straight into fat freds back pocket!

P.S im depressed at the thought of having the same defenders for another 6 months so the 7 mil deal if done should be spent straight away on bringing a top CB in....oh and not long b4 we have to put up with Shitus Shambles again!!!!!!  :o

::)

P.S im depressed at the thought of having the same defenders for another 6 months so the 7 mil deal if done should be spent straight away on bringing a top CB in....oh and not long b4 we have to put up with Shitus Shambles again!!!!!!  :o

with west brom turning down £6mill for davies and brum the same for upson,who is this "top class"centre half for £7mill ?