Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

sky sports have just announced we have pulled out of a deal for some serbian kid????

and that luque wont be going to villareal???

Got Tomasson in on loan...another perfectly fine target we could have got in. On loan as well so costs would be low.

he's gone to villareal

sky sports have just announced we have pulled out of a deal for some serbian kid????

Got Tomasson in on loan...another perfectly fine target we could have got in. On loan as well so costs would be low.

he's gone to villareal

whoooooooooosh

Guest Gemmill

he's gone to villareal

That's what he just said.

he's gone to villareal

Nobby, is this all an act or what?  :lol:

he's gone to villareal

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i said something to him yesterday and he asked me if i wanted a whoosh???

:lol: :lol:

he's gone to villareal

link?

Roeder: “I have conducted my own investigations into Gavrancic and decided he is not a player we will be signing.

“I have been told by people I respect and who know what they are talking about that he is no better than the defenders we already have.

“And while Gavrancic is not coming, this does not mean we have slackened off in our efforts to bring a couple of players in before the transfer window closes next Wednesday.

“The four or five players we have targeted are still with their clubs, and I can put my hand on my heart and honestly say that we have not wanted any of the players who have already moved in the transfer window.

“I can only repeat what I have already said and that is I will not panic or lose my nerve, and I will not bring players in for the sake of adding another body to our squad.”

ROEDER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT F**KIN MONTHS AGO, NOT LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE THE WINDOW CLOSES!!!

ROEDER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPEAKING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT F**KIN MONTHS AGO, NOT LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE THE WINDOW CLOSES!!!

Who says he wasn't ? And please stop shouting makes you look like a tit.

Well he clearly told AO yesterday that he was hopeful of bringing in Gavrancic. So go figure.

Guest Gemmill

I'll have to make sure I've got nothing on next Wednesday night.  I'd hate to miss out on the news of us signing another Willie McKay reject at half 8.  ^-^

Love the way everyone just assumed that Onyewu was the one we were after because it was in a few papers.

I love how people who hadn't heard of the bloke 24 hours ago now think he's great because of a few youtube vids and because he's built like a tank, then then have a go at the club for not trying to sign him LOL :D

he's gone to villareal

link?

its in this thread, about page 6

Who says he wasn't ? And please stop shouting makes you look like a tit.

Well he clearly told AO yesterday that he was hopeful of bringing in Gavrancic. So go figure.

No he didn't he said (and this is quoted from AO so I would take it very much with a pinch of salt) "Glenn Roeder is trying to bring a top international defender to Newcastle United in the next couple of days.

The United boss is in negotiations with the central defender's club to get him to Tyneside by the weekend with the view to a loan deal.

But Roeder admitted today there was still some work to be done on getting the player to St James' Park.

He told me today: "We are talking to the player's club and we are hoping they will release him to come here, and we will find out in the next 48 hours.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

"We know all about him and his playing record but we still want a look at him with the view to a loan deal until the end of the season."

Roeder and Freddy Shepherd will know that the United fans are bound to be dismayed at a lack of transfer activity, especially when they see the likes of Aston Villa and West Ham splashing out.

But this does not mean that the United hierarchy are not trying to wheel and deal and I still expect a couple of new faces with probably one player going out before the transfer window slams shut again a week tonight.

In a way, Roeder (pictured) has made a rod for his own back with the way he has managed to keep United more than ticking over despite what is accepted as the worst injury crisis in the club's history.

But in my view a permanent signing would give everyone connected with United a big lift and this could still happen.

Last season United did not sign anyone in January and Roeder still managed to take the club into Europe.

And two seasons ago, Graeme Souness's signings in the transfer window were Celestine Babayaro, Jean Alain Boumsong and Amady Faye.

The last two have gone, with Roeder and Shepherd somehow managing to claw back some money from Juventus and Charlton respectively.

And while Babayaro is still here, the Nigerian international left-back owes it to Roeder and the supporters to get back into a black-and-white shirt as soon as possible after his long lay-off, first with a hamstring injury and then with the flu bug."

No mention of the guys name. Now the quotes on nufc.co.uk say he came across this lad Gavrancic but decided not to go for him, they aren't saying this was the bloke they were trying to get on loan over the last 24 hours.

Guest Gemmill

I personally love how our manager is such a silly cocknose that he comes out in the paper one day saying that we're hopeful of signing a player within 48 hours, then 24 hours later comes out with "Actually.....erm.....I've spoken to a few people......and.....well......it turns out he's shit.  Just as well I spoke to them before I signed him eh?  I mean 'Phew!'.  That was a close one."

IMHO I hope we don't sign anyone in this transfer window lets be honest there is nobody available who is better than what we have who will come for a decent fee. Safe the money for the summer and splash out on someone really special for the defence.

"I am aware of this player but he is not a player I am trying to sign."

That's nice dear.

Fucks sake, even Boro have managed to sign somebody.

Yeah I guy who has failed in Europe once already. Christ people seem to want us to just sign for the sake of signing, not sure why.

IMHO I hope we don't sign anyone in this transfer window lets be honest there is nobody available who is better than what we have who will come for a decent fee. Safe the money for the summer and splash out on someone really special for the defence.

What utter bollocks imho.

I would say there are at least a few players who have already moved who are better than what we have. Montella on loan to Fulham for one is surely better than Sibierski?