Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

So let me get this straight... we knew "all about him and his playing record", were in deep negotiations with his club to bring him here with a view to a loan.

Now he isnt coming because we actually didnt know anything about him at all? The mind boggles.

to be fair, im sure fat fred had never heard of him.

Guest Gemmill

I think this is all one setup.

Roeder doesn't intend to have new players playing at home against Villa on their debut as Gemmill (who was at the match) will criticise these players, and anyone's argument otherwise is invalid as Gemmill was at the match. Such posts on a forum would demoralise these players.

Instead, Roeder intends to blood them away at Fulham when Taylor27 is at the match, and as Taylor27 is more likely to post nice stuff on a players debut, it will be a permanent morale boost for the player, especially as Gemmill isn't able to comment as he isn't at the match.

Doesn't look like this one is gonna get a laugh.  :'(

Roeder doesn't intend to have new players playing at home against Villa on their debut as Gemmill (who was at the match) will criticise these players, and anyone's argument otherwise is invalid as Gemmill was at the match. Such posts on a forum would demoralise these players.

Instead, Roeder intends to blood them away at Fulham when Taylor27 is at the match, and as Taylor27 is more likely to post nice stuff on a players debut, it will be a permanent morale boost for the player, especially as Gemmill isn't able to comment as he isn't at the match.

No, it needed your touch for that tbf  :lol:

Whilst being cautious is fair, we are so desperate for players that the cautious appraoch is not viable.

What if something happens to Taylor another youngster to come in Nicky Butt at centre half? Surely having a 30+ year old as a stop gap for now would be better. In an ideal world we would only sign players for the long term but given our situation we need players now, even if it is only for the short term good.

Can anybody tell me that we would actually be worse off if we had signed the likes of Campbell in the summer. We cannot base our long term strategy around guys like this but it buys us time. I think Roeder is being a bit naive in ignoring the vetran players, especially considering the efforts Sibs and Butt (like a new signing) have offered this season.

just imagine if we had moved for woody and sol c. - i suspect that both have played more matches this season than any of our defenders....

and i just see a 30 year old defender as and advantage - we need experience at the back!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fucking hell. Now you start the long arduous journey out of Gemmill's cavernous arse.

tbh I have given up hope of signing anyone, seems like Glenn is still getting info on players which should have been done before the f*cking transfer window opened and now if we manage to get anyone it will be a last minute panic buy who will be very average and really not good enough but because we expected the absolute worst they will seem better than they are! (ala Sibierski). Why can't we plan these things? honestly!!?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

IMHO I hope we don't sign anyone in this transfer window lets be honest there is nobody available who is better than what we have who will come for a decent fee. Safe the money for the summer and splash out on someone really special for the defence.

I would say there are at least a few players who have already moved who are better than what we have. Montella on loan to Fulham for one is surely better than Sibierski?

Totally different types of players, what an idiotic statement that was by you Mr. Jonathon Lockwood.

Fucking hell. Now you start the long arduous journey out of Gemmill's cavernous arse.

;D

Time to face-up to the - I won't say: fact - strong possibility that we are skint and therefore are not going to sign, or even seriously attempt to sign anyone in this window. It's exactly the same situation as the summer, we were skint then and we're skint now - unless one of you lot has donated the club a few million on the sly? In the summer we couldn't afford to bring in anyone for a large fee, other than Martins, who they probably felt they had to buy, given Owen's injury, in my opinion if Owen hadn't have been injured they wouldn't have spent any money at all. The years of spending stupid money on trophy players and none on players we actually need, has finally bitten us in the arse, big-style. Fred's reckless policies, based more around his own sense of self importance than the best interests of NUFC have lead us here. He's seen off a couple of genuine attempts to take over the club and now he's deluding himself that he could buy it himself. With who's fucking money, eh Fred? Yours? You don't have any!! The club's? The club doesn't have any!! Largely thanks to you I might add. I used to want Fred out because I thought we could do better, now I want him out because I genuinely fear for the future of the club. It's a sad sad situation we find ourselves in.

We won't sign anyone, all this club-fed paper talk is "the mother of all smokescreens" to try and keep the supporters quiet until the end of the window, when they expect us to swallow a "Well we tried to sign a whole load of players, but there weren't any of the required quality, available at a sensible price. Now it's time for everyone with the interests of NUFC at heart to get behind glen and the boys for the rest of the season." bullshit statement.

Time to face-up to the - I won't say: fact - strong possibility that we are skint and therefore are not going to sign, or even seriously attempt to sign anyone in this window. It's exactly the same situation as the summer, we were skint then and we're skint now - unless one of you lot has donated the club a few million on the sly? In the summer we couldn't afford to bring in anyone for a large fee, other than Martins, who they probably felt they had to buy, given Owen's injury, in my opinion if Owen hadn't have been injured they wouldn't have spent any money at all. The years of spending stupid money on trophy players and none on players we actually need, has finally bitten us in the arse, big-style. Fred's reckless policies, based more around his own sense of self importance than the best interests of NUFC have lead us here. He's seen off a couple of genuine attempts to take over the club and now he's deluding himself that he could buy it himself. With who's fucking money, eh Fred? Yours? You don't have any!! The club's? The club doesn't have any!! Largely thanks to you I might add. I used to want Fred out because I thought we could do better, now I want him out because I genuinely fear for the future of the club. It's a sad sad situation we find ourselves in.

We won't sign anyone, all this club-fed paper talk is "the mother of all smokescreens" to try and keep the supporters quiet until the end of the window, when they expect us to swallow a "Well we tried to sign a whole load of players, but there weren't any of the required quality, available at a sensible price. Now it's time for everyone with the interests of NUFC at heart to get behind glen and the boys for the rest of the season." bullshit statement.

Glenn Roeder has 'significant' funds available to him and will be cautious in how he spends it. That is how Glenn Roeder has described the position and policy of Glenn Roeder.

Are you calling Glenn Roeder a godamned liar?!?! >:(

Guest NSMagpie

Glenn Roeder has 'significant' funds available to him and will be cautious in how he spends it. That is how Glenn Roeder has described the position and policy of Glenn Roeder.

You mean: "Are you calling Glenn Roeder a goddamned liar?!?!"

There, I fixed it for you.

I will storm SJP and commit murder if i hear anything from Roeders mouth along the lines of,

"Having Damien Duff and Titus Bramble back will be like two new signings that will really give the place a lift. And dont forget that Shola and Michael are progressing nicely."

You mean: "Are you calling Glenn Roeder a goddamned liar?!?!"

There, I fixed it for you.

Thanyou. :)

Guest SwissMagpie

We are so desprate for defenders that i won;t bet surprise if Roeder will return to play football and will be our new CB.

Guest Gemmill

Anyone reckon we could see that Booya or whatever his name was back at the club if we havent signed anyone by the 31st?

Lee Booya?

Fat Fred fucked this up, not glenda.

Just look at the damage souness did and you cannot blame Glenn.  He does however, seriously need to shut his mouth and get on with things.

If he has significant money, spend it for fuck sake.

If not, shut up.

You cannot say players are unavailable 3 weeks into the window when you have had 4 months to speak to clubs.

New board, same rules, try and remember what they are, please.

Bugger, not even Serbian telly then. Sorry. :-X

/it's like smoking, unless it's banned from all message boards, I'll keep habitually lighting up.

//not a good analogy I'll grant you.

///or a good excuse, to be fair.