Looks like we really have no money

stozo

Oh, and I forgot the Duff signing, which was ridiculous IMO. But I've done that argument before, so I won't do it again. ;)

Not too sure why it was ridiculous, Dave. We only had Zog for the left side and as a young player he was likely to have a dip in form, without even considering the possibility of him being injured. The fact Zog has been injured and out of form would have made Duff a regular starter on the left had he not also been injured. We're lacking in that area, hence the likes of O'Brien and Pattison getting a game there. Having more than one player who can play that position is no different to wanting a couple of decent LB's, imo. If they'd both been fit I'd have been selecting Duff at LB even if Zog was fit, Duff would have been getting lots of games.

All fair enough, but the fact remains that we spent a third of our summer budget on a luxury player. Before his signing, with everyone fit there was Zoggy, Dyer and Milner who could play there before we would have to plunge into the youngsters. We spotted a bargain and bought regardless of other priorities. Just like a woman. ;)

Guest Gemmill

you know its a good article with no quotes! i do think we have little or no money tho :'(

Quite, the only actual quotes referring to our transfer kitty were from Roeder himself. But, whatever.

Someone has been telling porkies and the only way to sort this out is a........ FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT!!!!!!

http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sffred.gif          http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfolly.gif                              http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfglenn.gif

:lol:  Those are fucking brilliant.

By that logic then HTL there's no point in discussing anything. Sounds fun!

Not at all, just so long as people realise the hatred of Fred tripe they post is not based on fact. Nor is the recent trend to the daily references to a lack of planning. Does anybody on this forum know what is happening inside the club? I don't, that's for sure. Nor do I believe everything uttered by Roeder or FS, both will say what they are expected to say and they have no duty to spill the beans to the supporters.

It doesn't matter whether or not Fred is incompetent, the Board has a history of releasing funds for new players to the point they are slagged off for paying transfer fees that are too high and for shelling out too much on wages. People can't have it both ways. They get slagged for over spending and then slagged for not spending.  :rolleyes:

If the club isn't able to bring players in right now there will be a reason and it won't be down to the the latest and greatest craze of pointing to a lack of planning or the Board being tight fisted.

It seems that some people think that if they post certain criticisms often enough they will become facts.

Your opinion on Luque being lazy in training is not based on fact either, of course. Doesn't stop you expressing them. ;)

The 'planning' references are just an ongoing pisstake of Leazes on Toontastic, though i'm sure you know that.

Oh, and I forgot the Duff signing, which was ridiculous IMO. But I've done that argument before, so I won't do it again. ;)

Not too sure why it was ridiculous, Dave. We only had Zog for the left side and as a young player he was likely to have a dip in form, without even considering the possibility of him being injured. The fact Zog has been injured and out of form would have made Duff a regular starter on the left had he not also been injured. We're lacking in that area, hence the likes of O'Brien and Pattison getting a game there. Having more than one player who can play that position is no different to wanting a couple of decent LB's, imo. If they'd both been fit I'd have been selecting Duff at LB even if Zog was fit, Duff would have been getting lots of games.

All fair enough, but the fact remains that we spent a third of our summer budget on a luxury player. Before his signing, with everyone fit there was Zoggy, Dyer and Milner who could play there before we would have to plunge into the youngsters. We spotted a bargain and bought regardless of other priorities. Just like a woman. ;)

Maybe, except I don't think Dyer is any use at all on the left. Milner can just about do a job on the left but that's the limit of it.

The point I'm making is that we needed cover on the left and that in our present situation if they were both fit they'd both be playing regularly with Duff at LB. Had he been fit he'd now be looking like a required signing, not a luxury signing.

You can only buy players when they become available and Duff became available. He is a proven good player who occupies a position that is generally a difficult one to fill with any quality. I'd rather we'd signed a couple of outright strikers yes, but I don't think Duff was a poor buy at the price.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Don't worry lads and lasses Duff,Bramble,Babayaro and Taylor (suspension) should all be back for the Villa game, it'll be like having four new signings  :idiot2:

Not at all, just so long as people realise the hatred of Fred tripe they post is not based on fact. Nor is the recent trend to the daily references to a lack of planning. Does anybody on this forum know what is happening inside the club? I don't, that's for sure. Nor do I believe everything uttered by Roeder or FS, both will say what they are expected to say and they have no duty to spill the beans to the supporters.

It doesn't matter whether or not Fred is incompetent, the Board has a history of releasing funds for new players to the point they are slagged off for paying transfer fees that are too high and for shelling out too much on wages. People can't have it both ways. They get slagged for over spending and then slagged for not spending.  :rolleyes:

If the club isn't able to bring players in right now there will be a reason and it won't be down to the the latest and greatest craze of pointing to a lack of planning or the Board being tight fisted.

It seems that some people think that if they post certain criticisms often enough they will become facts.

Speaking personally, I'd like our club to be run by someone who knows what they're doing.

However you slice it, we're one of the world's richest clubs and we're going into our third transfer window in a row without any money.

It is Fat Fred who has managed us into this situation, and no one else.

Your opinion on Luque being lazy in training is not based on fact either, of course. Doesn't stop you expressing them. ;)

The 'planning' references are just an ongoing pisstake of Leazes on Toontastic, though i'm sure you know that.

:lol:

Never did say my opinion of Luque was based on fact though. Never said that people shouldn't express their own opinions, either.

I'm positive some people who continually post tripe about Fred believe they are posting facts though. One post even starts with, "Here are the facts".....  :2funny: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35515.msg690655#msg690655

By the way, I'm not sure why you're mentioning Toontastic, I haven't been on Toontastic for nearly a year now so I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. And before you suggest it the answer is NO, I don't have another login. I use this login on every forum I'm a member of.

Speaking personally, I'd like our club to be run by someone who knows what they're doing.

However you slice it, we're one of the world's richest clubs and we're going into our third transfer window in a row without any money.

I do understand that context is difficult for some.

And the big picture impossible for others.

We're one of the 20 richest clubs in the world. We've got no money to spend -- again! -- even though we desperately need reinforcements.

What's to blame? Gremlins? The weather? Or, just a wild and crazy guess here, the people who are actually running the club?

you know its a good article with no quotes! i do think we have little or no money tho :'(

Quite, the only actual quotes referring to our transfer kitty were from Roeder himself. But, whatever.

Someone has been telling porkies and the only way to sort this out is a........ FIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT!!!!!!

http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sffred.gif          http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfolly.gif                              http://www.hdfa.co.uk/sfglenn.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you mind if I add those to the smiley index?

Guest shaun11177

The club will do monthly accounts+future accounts,it will know exactly where it is in terms of money.

So if your Roeder you can ask the question in December as to what the transfer funds were.He must of known on January 1st exactly what money was available.

If its 5m then you have a certain list of players,if its 10m the list probably changes.

It would seem to be 0-5m so why players like Curtis Davies or Peter Crouch have been mentioned by Roeder i have no idea.

As for loans-these tend to be very obscure players which even the best scouting networks have never heard of-its usually agents ringing clubs saying hey mate need a centr half i know just the bloke.Then because you havent scouted the bloke you need to ring round someone who has.There seems to be very few players out there-cant think of any major loans that have taken place yet.  

Guest Sniffer

Nobody actually knows if we are skint. Just because we are not spending now certainly does not mean we have no money. IMO, this season is shot so there is little point in bringing in second rate players at inflated prices. If roeder can't get the players he wants  like  a Darren Bent or a  Wayne Bridge, who can impact the team, who the hell wants another babyaro? Or Sibierski?

And the big picture impossible for others.

We're one of the 20 richest clubs in the world. We've got no money to spend -- again! -- even though we desperately need reinforcements.

What's to blame? Gremlins? The weather? Or, just a wild and crazy guess here, the people who are actually running the club?

Again?

Your post above shows that you don't understand the tiny picture, let alone the big picture.

Nobody actually knows if we are skint. Just because we are not spending now certainly does not mean we have no money. IMO, this season is shot so there is little point in bringing in second rate players at inflated prices. If roeder can't get the players he wants  like  a Darren Bent or a  Wayne Bridge, who can impact the team, who the hell wants another babyaro? Or Sibierski?

I think the £80million debt might be a clue to how much we've got at the club.

Guest Sniffer

Really?

Presumably  we had a 65 mill debt before we bought Martins and Duff. Nobody on this board know the club's finances regarding funds available for transfers. We've been in debt for years and money has always been available.

What's your point?

So HTL, I take it that you are still happy with the board and Fat Freds performance? Would you still feel the same if noone was signed this window? Or do you perhaps blame Roeder?

Guest Sniffer

I blame successive mangers who have been incapable of signing expensive players and getting them to perform at the level required to justify the transfer fees that the board have made available to them. Poor judgement has lead to a waste of huge amounts of money and IMO, that's down to the managers much more than Shephard.