Frédéric Piquionne - signed for Monaco

Guest eyeball_tickler

Born: 08/12/1978 in Nouméa ( Nouvelle-Calédonie ) 

Year : 2006

Games : 18

Starting Line-up : 18

Substitutions : 0

Goals : 6

Penalties : 0

Yellow Cards : 4

Red Cards : 2

Minutes Played : 1417

00-01 Nîmes 3 Goals, 8 Games

01-02 Rennes 3 Goals, 20 Games

02-03 Rennes 10 Goals, 31 Games

03-04 Rennes 5 Goals, 32 Games

04-05 Saint-Etienne 11 Goals, 37 Games

05-06 Saint-Etienne 6 Goals, 34 Games

06-07 Saint-Etienne 6 Goals, 18 Games

What a mediocre club we have turned into! Sibierski (whos done a decent job, but isnt the quality we expect) and this lad as strikers. Hardly got a great goal scoring record has he...TOTAL 44 GOALS in 180 APPS He's also 28 year old, so not exactly 'potential'.

Another loan deal too so nothing spoiling really, rather have him than no one.

If it is a loan deal with no strings attached, then absolutely. Goes without saying.

Agreed!

If we have Martins, Dyer, Le Sib, Piquionne/Babel plus Owen and Shola back in 2-3 months time plus. Duff, and Milner can play up top too if desperate, that'll do for me for now! Right now lets get a top bloody LB in more importantly!

Another loan deal too so nothing spoiling really, rather have him than no one.

If it is a loan deal with no strings attached, then absolutely. Goes without saying.

Agreed!

If we have Martins, Dyer, Le Sib, Piquionne/Babel plus Owen and Shola back in 2-3 months time plus. Duff, and Milner can play up top too if desperate, that'll do for me for now! Right now lets get a top bloody LB in more importantly!

Hear, hear!  :thup:

http://france.theoffside.com/french-football/frederic-piquionne-rejects-saint-etienne-shirt-whip-marks-on-back.html

It’s a rule of thumb in professional football, at least in France. When a player cleverly compares himself to a slave under the totalitarian and dictating ways of his seniors, it’s high time to get him the hell out of your organization.

Enter Frédéric Piquionne, New Caledonia-born striker, still at AS Saint-Étienne as of today. Goalscorer times six, and goal creator times a whole lot, he’s been impressing arch-rivals and neighbours Lyon a good deal since the beginning of the season. To the point that Lyon’s staff have been chucking pen and paper into his face like a 10-year old girl who’s just seen some guy from American Idol on the street.

And with ASSE’s management crew pulling a Marseille-Ribéry trick on the five-time champions, Piquionne has perhaps put beyond doubt his urge to jump ship and galavant into Stade Gerland, where they probably could use a healthy striker these days.

Said Piquionne (translated from French): I’m being taken for a slave that hasn’t got the right to give his opinion. I want to go to a big club. Today, Lyon has shown interest. Who wouldn’t want to go to Lyon?

Expect the 6′2 wonder worker to leave the cotton fields of Geoffroy-Guichard soon to seek greener and modernly democratic pastures across the river alongside Juninho, Malouda and the rest.

http://france.theoffside.com/french-football/frederic-piquionne-rejects-saint-etienne-shirt-whip-marks-on-back.html

It’s a rule of thumb in professional football, at least in France. When a player cleverly compares himself to a slave under the totalitarian and dictating ways of his seniors, it’s high time to get him the hell out of your organization.

Enter Frédéric Piquionne, New Caledonia-born striker, still at AS Saint-Étienne as of today. Goalscorer times six, and goal creator times a whole lot, he’s been impressing arch-rivals and neighbours Lyon a good deal since the beginning of the season. To the point that Lyon’s staff have been chucking pen and paper into his face like a 10-year old girl who’s just seen some guy from American Idol on the street.

And with ASSE’s management crew pulling a Marseille-Ribéry trick on the five-time champions, Piquionne has perhaps put beyond doubt his urge to jump ship and galavant into Stade Gerland, where they probably could use a healthy striker these days.

Said Piquionne (translated from French): I’m being taken for a slave that hasn’t got the right to give his opinion. I want to go to a big club. Today, Lyon has shown interest. Who wouldn’t want to go to Lyon?

Expect the 6′2 wonder worker to leave the cotton fields of Geoffroy-Guichard soon to seek greener and modernly democratic pastures across the river alongside Juninho, Malouda and the rest.

Ouch, that's cutting. :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

At the end of the day he's someone who we can stick up front till the end of the season and he can do a job for us. A natural striker, that is barely costing anything, being brought here to plug a hole till Owen is fit.

He's a short term solution until the long term solution is available.

If the deal goes ahead, i'll be happy.

Likewise.

Although it mystifies me why for at least the 3rd transfer window in a row we have neglected to get in a decent LB, which we have struggled to fill for years. In some ways I would have preffered to see a decent experienced LB in than a CB.

But we cant be picky. Piquionne should be good enough until the end of the season and if we can tie it up tmrw then maybe just maybe we can spend the last day and a bit looking for someone else.

No doubt Willy Mckay will be rubbing his hands in anticipation.

Well, it's a player isn't it.

That record is shite and it's hardly as if he's a whippersnapper.

Dyer---Martins all the way.

Dyer's record is shit and he isn't a whippersnapper either.

My point being that the Dyer-Martins combo has already proven to be a good partnership - producing goals and causing danger.

Not especially displeased with the Piquionne signing - i just hope he hasn't been brought here to be Martins strike partner.

As others have said... it's decent cover and better than the likes of Sibierski/Luque. I've really fallen for the Dyer-Martins partnership, though, and i feel there is no need changing it. A, because it works, and B, Dyer appears incapable of effecting a game from a midfield position anymore.

Dyer/Martins does look good, but its not always going to work against every team. Im happy to stick with that against weaker teams with slower players at the back though, given time it can only develop and improve.

Should Emre ever return I would imagine Parker and the Turk will be automatic choice for Midfield, Dyer can work well on the right, but Milner certainly doesnt deserve to be dropped.

Its actually refreshing to think there might be players getting left out before too long.

Albeit a toss up between which CB wants to play at LB.

Well, it's a player isn't it.

That record is shite and it's hardly as if he's a whippersnapper.

Dyer---Martins all the way.

Dyer's record is shit and he isn't a whippersnapper either.

My point being that the Dyer-Martins combo has already proven to be a good partnership - producing goals and causing danger.

Not especially displeased with the Piquionne signing - i just hope he hasn't been brought here to be Martins strike partner.

As others have said... it's decent cover and better than the likes of Sibierski/Luque. I've really fallen for the Dyer-Martins partnership, though, and i feel there is no need changing it. A, because it works, and B, Dyer appears incapable of effecting a game from a midfield position anymore.

Agree 100%.

Martins/Dyer is a partnership that has been proved that it works as we look dangerous as soon as we're attacking. Don't want to mess that up.