Roeders transferpolicy is right

bodson

Guest Gemmill

Well we'll see.  I would hope you're right, but I don't have much confidence in Roeder's chatter.  Heard it all before tbh.

i think roeder does well in seeing the big picture & planning for the long term.  but, the devil is in the details (i.e. short term) for him.  he really ought to have an old pro or two to shore up the squad just to see out this season (is he trying this with pav?) so, that the youngsters can blossom without getting low on confidence.  then, when an opportunity to get a target he really fancies, pounce!

but if we keep, moving up the table, i'm willing to call him crazy like a fox.    :smitten:

The more I read about Roeders policy in the transfermarket the more convinced I get, he is right!

We should know that its not easy. Money isnt the answer if you want to succeed in the transfermarket, scouting is key. Today Roeder says that his rolemodel as a coach and in the transfermarket is Arsene Wenger, that makes me really hopefull.

Look at all our expensive flops like Luque, Boumsong, Viana, Marcelino...     

Compare this to Wengers bargains,,  Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Ljungberg, Toure, Eboue..

Let Roeder do things his way and we will be fantastic in 3 years time.

/B

hahahaahaha!.

How does ONE loan signing (ex West Brom?) mean we'll be sorted in 3 years time??

This man thinks that Shambles, Bayaro, Ameobi etc are good enough for us long term.

As for his "scouting", here's what he's reported to have said about the loanee:

"We have secured Oguchi Onyewu. He comes across as an impressive person - he is certainly physically impressive, which is something I feel we need," said Roeder.

"I watched him a few times and (assistant manager) Nigel Pearson watched him a few times when he was at West Brom last year"

Fucking genius.

Roeder's policy of bringing in younger players is spot on.

He needs to enforce it, though.

I wouldn't call it a policy of bringing young players in though, its been a case of playing what you have left.

Guest Gemmill

Am I right in thinking that Roeder's transfer "policy" amounts to the hot air he's spouted since his second successive transfer window fuckup?  ^-^

The more I read about Roeders policy in the transfermarket the more convinced I get, he is right!

We should know that its not easy. Money isnt the answer if you want to succeed in the transfermarket, scouting is key. Today Roeder says that his rolemodel as a coach and in the transfermarket is Arsene Wenger, that makes me really hopefull.

Look at all our expensive flops like Luque, Boumsong, Viana, Marcelino...   

Compare this to Wengers bargains,,  Vieira, Henry, Anelka, Ljungberg, Toure, Eboue..

Let Roeder do things his way and we will be fantastic in 3 years time.

/B

How does ONE loan signing (ex West Brom?) mean we'll be sorted in 3 years time??

"Nigel Pearson watched him a few times when he was at West Brom last year"

He means when Pearson was at West Brom, man, not Onyewu.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Roeders transfer policy seems to consist of buying players we dont need (Duff)and refusing to buy players we do need ( left back right back etc), im past caring what he says , its all bollocks just like fat fred

Guest TampaToon

i appreciate that he doesn't make frantic moves in mortal fear for his job, it's a nice change. 

roeder had targeted at least 6 players (if reports are to be believed), but refused to pay over the odds for them.  this really put us in a bind for the balance of the season, but we're proving to all transfer partners that we aren't going to fold under fan pressure or the clubs constant internal state of panic and eventually write the big check. this like many other roeder moves (academy emphasis, encouraging pearson's U21 aspirations to build bridges with young english talent, improving training methods), is a long-term measure to allow us to field better talent without desperate scrambles into the transfer market.

since the shearer transfer, with the exception of the robson years (and at work in his firing), doesn't it feel like the sentiments of lowest common denominator of the fans (and FFS' need to cater to them) has been running the team as much as its managers? "play flashy football!" and "add expensive players!" isn't the same as "assemble a team that can win over the long term".....

roeder has his sights on what fans should really be interested in (a sustainable winner) instead of what the lowest common denominator is demanding (fodder for optimistic Oliver editorials)

Let's see eh?  He talks a good game, but it's all very well talking like that when you've fucked up in two successive transfer windows.  If he makes it a hat-trick in the summer and comes out with the "The players of the quality I wanted just weren't available" line, will people be prepared to buy it again?

its his plan Gem

Guest Gemmill

Let's see eh?  He talks a good game, but it's all very well talking like that when you've fucked up in two successive transfer windows.  If he makes it a hat-trick in the summer and comes out with the "The players of the quality I wanted just weren't available" line, will people be prepared to buy it again?

its his plan Gem

Plans?  Those things you don't believe in.  :lol:

its his plan Gem

Plans?  Those things you don't believe in.  :lol:

its the manager who gets the success, not the "plan". Glad to see you agree he has a "plan" though, I don't expect you to admit in future that he doesn't now.

i personally wish Roeder would shed 'a little more' light on updates of transfer it usually takes  2weeks plus for him to diffuse rumours, updates on how things are going.  frustrating for the supporters, very !

would of liked him in the whole Kuyt saga, for him to look at other players too before WC ie Berbatov, not a knee-jerk guy been class all season and did fancy that type of player here, an better player then the out-going Kluivert definetly.