How good were

Guest JennyMag

Guest Knightrider

Abject Spurs made them look better, they were not that good. The Man Utd of old was a class apart compared to this new Man Utd, they didn't give you a sniff at the back and stayed in your half. I still believe outside of a few individuals Man Utd are a fairly average side. When Fergie took off Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo, they looked very ordinary indeed. Their character, mentality, bond and understanding is what makes them so good, not so much their talent, certainly not from one to 11 anyway. Now Spurs, they were shocking, woeful in defence, non existent in midfield and too individualistic up front.

Abject Spurs made them look better, they were not that good. The Man Utd of old was a class apart compared to this new Man Utd, they didn't give you a sniff at the back and stayed in your half. I still believe outside of a few individuals Man Utd are a fairly average side. When Fergie took off Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo, they looked very ordinary indeed. Their character, mentality, bond and understanding is what makes them so good, not so much their talent, certainly not from one to 11 anyway. Now Spurs, they were shocking, woeful in defence, non existent in midfield and too individualistic up front.

Disagree there tbh.

Van Der Sar is one of the best keepers in the league. Vidic and Ferdinand are awesome together, Neville is the best RB in the country and Evra one of the best LB.

Carrick is an excellent player, Giggs is still as good as ever, and Saha is very under-rated.

Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo are brilliant, but I think they're strong all over the pitch. As you say though, their character etc and Fergie's management just top it off to make them the best team.

Guest JennyMag

When Fergie took off Scholes, Rooney and Ronaldo, they looked very ordinary indeed.

Ordinary is all they had to be by then.

4-0, the jobs done, surerly?

Supremely disappointing when they came to SJP. I thought Ronaldo was average and Rooney barely had a shot on goal. On the other hand, Scholes was sensational.

Ronaldo has been awesome in this campaign but sometimes the youth in their attack shines through as they just don't deliver (Arsenal, West Ham). Their defence still needs a little work to be as good as chelseas but hargreaves will help on that note.However, when they click they are devastating, as yesterday proved.

One things for sure, if Man Utd do win the title this year then they wont stand a chance next year. Chelsea will be back and hungry i believe.

Sort out a center midfield, and they would be pretty much fantastic.

Shame they have a ginger runt and a "good passer" instead, or O'Shea and Fletcher as backup...:S

What happens when they sign Hargreaves?

With Carrick,Scholes and him they will have a nice problem.

Drop the shite one, he stands out of them three names, no brainer.

This might sound silly but i've lost my faith in foreign players like Gattuso. I know he's more of an english type player than italian but i just get the feeling alot of these players can't hack it in this league. I was convinced Ballack would be a success, as he is ready made for this league but hasn't worked out.

I have to confess my admiration for the Pirlo,Gattuso combo that has worked wonders for Milan and Italy in the past. I think fergie is thinking similar with Carrick and Hargreaves.

This might sound silly but i've lost my faith in foreign players like Gattuso. I know he's more of an english type player than italian but i just get the feeling alot of these players can't hack it in this league. I was convinced Ballack would be a success, as he is ready made for this league but hasn't worked out.

I have to confess my admiration for the Pirlo,Gattuso combo that has worked wonders for Milan and Italy in the past. I think fergie is thinking similar with Carrick and Hargreaves.

I think the Ballack situation is more down to Lampard's role at Chelsea, he is taking what should be Ballack's position.

Therefore Ballack is subdued tbh. Especially in a 5 man midfield with Lampard.

Drop the s**** one, he stands out of them three names, no brainer.

I'm sorry mate but none of them players are "shit\\

[/quote

I'm sorry mate but none of those players are "shit". Hargreaves was outstanding in the world cup, Carrick is a supreme passer of the ball and Scholes is having an absolute stomer.

The only thing would be if Gattuso could live up to the pace of the game and a think he could. He would be a great midfielder and I think he would have fitted perfectly with Scholes.

I'm sorry mate but none of those players are "shit". Hargreaves was outstanding in the world cup, Carrick is a supreme passer of the ball and Scholes is having an absolute stomer.

Exactly this man has made a proffesional, a good one at that, career out of being a good fucking passer. He has little else except a decent right foot. Not worth his salt in the current team.

But seriously, who cares about Man U, I certainly don't.

I'm sorry mate but none of those players are "s***". Hargreaves was outstanding in the world cup, Carrick is a supreme passer of the ball and Scholes is having an absolute stomer.

Exactly this man has made a proffesional, a good one at that, career out of being a good f****** passer. He has little else except a decent right foot. Not worth his salt in the current team.

I'm sorry mate but none of those players are "s***". Hargreaves was outstanding in the world cup, Carrick is a supreme passer of the ball and Scholes is having an absolute stomer.

Exactly this man has made a proffesional, a good one at that, career out of being a good f****** passer. He has little else except a decent right foot. Not worth his salt in the current team.

Aye,exactly the reason why your posting on a thread evolved around Man Utd  O0

There are three different types of central midfield players Defensive midfielders (Keane,Hargreaves and Gattuso) Positional midfielders (Carrick, Pirlo and Alonso) and attacking midfielders (Scholes and Cahill).

Micheal Carrick may only be a good passer of the ball. However, i'd argue if thats the case then Roy Keane was just good at tackling and Alan Shearer at goal scoring.

Posting my opinion on the shitness of Carrick, their problem let them deal with it tbh.

Posting my opinion on the shitness of Carrick, their problem let them deal with it tbh.

They seem to be dealing with it pretty well, considering they're top by 6 points.