Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I think baba's crap.  However, some people are ridiculous.  So many people seem like they want him to fail, they're just waiting to have a go.  One time he played a good ball down the line, but it curled.  Before it curled people were giving him abuse, they could at least wait til it's run its course.

James Milner was the worst player on the pitch, after all he CANT play down the left !

mackems.gif

Let me guess. Copyrights HTL?

Indeed.

Milner has always looked comfortable on either wing. Better on the right, yes, because of his crossing, but still very comfortable there.

Alot more than good enough as a backup for that wing.

James Milner was the worst player on the pitch, after all he CANT play down the left !

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Milner has always looked comfortable on either wing. Better on the right, yes, because of his crossing, but still very comfortable there.

How old are you? Why you feel the need to lie on the forum is beyond me, tbh. No need.

Here is a link to what I actually said, which is different to what is said in your lie....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35515.msg690722#msg690722

Which means, in simple terms for you to understand, that Milner on the left is like Taylor at RB, he can fill in but that's all. In my opinion.

mackems.gif

Indeed.

How old are you? Why you feel the need to lie on the forum is beyond me, tbh. No need.

Here is a link to what I actually said, which is different to what is said in your lie....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35515.msg690722#msg690722

Which means, in simple terms for you to understand, that Milner on the left is like Taylor at RB, he can fill in but that's all. In my opinion.

COmpeltely right. Add Dyer up front, too.

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Youve merely changed your stance. No suprise there. Read this post of yours:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35585.msg692363#msg692363

:rolleyes:

Dyer and Milner aren't good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left.

Having just one player (Zog) capable of performing to the required standard on the left is not enough, Duff at the price is a player who can play LM and also LB, he's a proven PL player and is a good signing. Had he not unfortunately been injured as well he'd be playing every game, fully justifying the signing.

Let me repeat what you said:

"Dyer and Milner arent good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left."

Heres what I said:

"Milner has always looked comfortable on either wing. Better on the right, yes, because of his crossing, but still very comfortable there. Alot more than good enough as a backup for that wing."

http://www.mromelettemd.com/corporate/images/faceeggs.jpg

Honestly, theres no arguements imo, Milner can play on the left as much as Owen can play up front or Given can play in goal.

We have a left wing backup, if everyone is fit - Duff.

Aye, but the point of that discussion/thread was that it was a tad silly to spend 5mill and 70k per week on a backup player for the left wing, when we already have 2-3 adequate ones, whilst having not a single fullback good enough for anywhere near where we want to be, as well as being in the need for a good centreback AND a good forward.

We have a left wing backup, if everyone is fit - Duff.

Aye, but the point of that discussion/thread was that it was a tad silly to spend 5mill and 70k per week on a backup player for the left wing, when we already have 2-3 adequate ones, whilst having not a single fullback good enough for anywhere near where we want to be, as well as being in the need for a good centreback AND a good forward.

Thats the measure of Roeders incredible stupidity, though.

Anyway, i knew what the point of the thread was, i just wanted you and HTL to stop fighting, You were upsetting the kids.

Let's not fight. We've beaten a good side. It's the sort of result that the players can really take some confidence from.

As others have said, the defence was transformed in the second half. They were a lot more aggressive. It felt like they were committing themselves as individuals more, relying on the fact that their team mates were covering for them. In the first half, it looked like they didn't trust one another enough.

We looked the better for Babayaro in there. He's not the greatest, but he's better than a teenage centre back.

Let's not fight. We've beaten a good side. It's the sort of result that the players can really take some confidence from.

As others have said, the defence was transformed in the second half. They were a lot more aggressive. It felt like they were committing themselves as individuals more, relying on the fact that their team mates were covering for them. In the first half, it looked like they didn't trust one another enough.

We looked the better for Babayaro in there. He's not the greatest, but he's better than a teenage centre back.

He was today, but that is the first time i could have agreed with that comment so far. He's usually less use than a chocolate cock.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Maybe baba isnt world class when defending but when I has got the ball he is very composed and almost everytime pass the ball to a Newcastle player unless Huntington or Ramage who give it away often with a long ball. Baba is our only natural left back but an average one of them, but until we get a new LB in I will support him....

mackems.gif

Indeed.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35585.msg692363#msg692363

Dyer and Milner aren't good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left.

Having just one player (Zog) capable of performing to the required standard on the left is not enough, Duff at the price is a player who can play LM and also LB, he's a proven PL player and is a good signing. Had he not unfortunately been injured as well he'd be playing every game, fully justifying the signing.

"Dyer and Milner arent good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left."

Heres what I said:

"Milner has always looked comfortable on either wing. Better on the right, yes, because of his crossing, but still very comfortable there. Alot more than good enough as a backup for that wing."

Honestly, theres no arguements imo, Milner can play on the left as much as Owen can play up front or Given can play in goal.

Two sensible posts from me that you've linked to there, neither of which say what you claimed I said. Just keep the lies coming.

How old are you?

Aye, I agree with the majority on this one:

Baba ain't the best but he's certainly better than what we have had replacing him on the left wing up to now. Just the fact that he can pass the ball with his left foot gives him much more options and he CAN pass a ball instead of give it away to opposition players....

Ratings

Harper - 6.5 - At fault for the goal, looked ok no way near the level of Shay Given un surprisingly.

Taylor - 7 - out of position as a right back but dominant throughout in the air.

Onyewu - 8.5 - superb performance on his home debut, everything in his zone he was dominant in the air and in the tackle.

Bramble - 5.5 - got sucked out way too often and left the space for Bellamy to run into on numerous occasions.

Babayaro - 7 - decent return however he needs his match fitness back.

Nobby - 7.5 - same old Nobby neat and tidy and when there is a forward runner he picked him out.

Butt - 6.5 - not at his usual, got far too tight therefore rolled over and over again.

Parker - 9 - Colossal absolutely colossal overshadowed both Gerrard and Sissoko and was our most important and best player, not only did he win back the ball he used the ball fantastically spreading the play rather then his usual 10 yard and backwards passing.

Milner - 7 - workhorse performance but lacked the delivery in this game.

Dyer - 7 - caused Agger plenty of problems particularly first half with his movement and put Oba through for the goal.

Martins - 7 - plenty of running and showing for the ball at key times but lacked service. (scored)

Ratings

Harper - 6.5 - At fault for the goal, looked ok no way near the level of Shay Given un surprisingly

Taylor - 7 - out of position as a right back but dominant throughout in the air

Gooch - 8.5 - superb performance on his home debut, everything in his zone he was dominant in the air and in the tackle

Bramble - 5.5 - got sucked out way too often and left the space for Bellamy to run into on numerous occasions

Babayaro - 7 - decent return however he needs his match fitness back

Nobby - 7.5 - same old Nobby neat and tidy and when there is a forward runner he picked him out

Parker - 9 - Colossal absolutely colossal overshadowed both Gerrard and Sissoko and was our most important and best player, not only did he win back the ball he used the ball fantastically spreading the play rather then his usual 10 yard and backwards passing

Butt - 6.5 - not his usual level this season, got far too tight over and over again however Parker did two mens jobs as usual

Milner - 7 - workhorse performance but lacked the delivery in this game

Dyer - 7 - caused Agger plenty of problems in the particularly first half with his movement and put Oba through for the goal.

Martins - 7 - plenty of running and showing for the ball at key times but lacked service (scored)

you must be joking, Sissoko got the better of him time and time again

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Heres what I said:

Two sensible posts from me that you've linked to there, neither of which say what you claimed I said. Just keep the lies coming.

How old are you?

What lie are you on about?

You said Milner cant play left wing

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Heres what I said:

How old are you?

"Milner isnt good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left."

Your words.

Just because you no longer have anything to stand on, youre trying to divert the arguement away from the subject towards me being a "liar".

Ratings

Harper - 6.5 - At fault for the goal, looked ok no way near the level of Shay Given un surprisingly.

Taylor - 7 - out of position as a right back but dominant throughout in the air.

Onyewu - 8.5 - superb performance on his home debut, everything in his zone he was dominant in the air and in the tackle.

Bramble - 5.5 - got sucked out way too often and left the space for Bellamy to run into on numerous occasions.

Nobby - 7.5 - same old Nobby neat and tidy and when there is a forward runner he picked him out.

Butt - 6.5 - not at his usual, got far too tight therefore rolled over and over again.

Parker - 9 - Colossal absolutely colossal overshadowed both Gerrard and Sissoko and was our most important and best player, not only did he win back the ball he used the ball fantastically spreading the play rather then his usual 10 yard and backwards passing.

Dyer - 7 - caused Agger plenty of problems particularly first half with his movement and put Oba through for the goal.

Martins - 7 - plenty of running and showing for the ball at key times but lacked service. (scored)

Christ. Nothing like putting heart before head.

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Heres what I said:

How old are you?

What lie are you on about?

You said Milner cant play left wing

mackems.gif

Indeed.

Heres what I said:

How old are you?

"Milner isnt good enough for the left. You can't just throw someone at a position and say 'hey presto', we've filled that gap on the left."

Your words.

Just because you no longer have anything to stand on, youre trying to divert the arguement away from the subject towards me being a "liar".

mackems.gif

I did not say Milner CAN'T play on the left, so you are lying, I'm not diverting anything. I lived near Leeds for 7 years and saw him play for them on the left so I expect I saw him well before you did, he did ok but he will always be limited on the left. He also played up front for them throughout most of his youth days, but he's not a natural striker either.

Be mature about it and do the right thing then it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

Somehow I doubt you will.

Ratings

I thought it was a WUM, either that or we know that "scotty" posts on the forum. In case he does.......sod off in the summer.  ;)

Ratings

I thought it was a WUM, either that or we know that "scotty" posts on the forum. In case he does.......sod off in the summer.  ;)

8.5, 9 - he's either a WUM, or one of those who think that 7 OUT OF 10 is an average score. Maybe he scores matches for the Sun.