Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

So was it a penalty then?

In my eyes? Yes. I'm biased of course, but Riise definitely caught Taylor and aside from that episode against Villa a few years back Taylor isn't the guy to dive or do anything like that. And to his credit he got straight up after the challenge too.

It was a penalty, Taylor did make the most of it like, but it was a foul.

Mel, to say Taylor isn't the type of player to take a dive is laughable though, dying swan x2, etc.

?

I mentioned that...

You mentioned the first one, but not the second and he's blatantly dived/cheated on a number of other occasions, I'm not going to hold it against him because it's not of Robben/Ronaldo proportions or anything, but to say he wouldn't dive is ridiculous.

Guest SmileyCulture

I had absolute confidence in the team even when we were 1 down. Harper had an outstanding game, one mistake that cost us a goal but otherwise solid.

Why argue about the penalty? We won because of it. I couldn't care less if it should have been given or not, the fact is it was and Solano scored from it. That'll do me.

It will be interesting to see Shearer versus Hansen and Lawrenson on Match of the Day. You can bet the highlights will be edited to show how Liverpool were 'robbed'. Hopefully Shearer will stop being so diplomatic and will have a big grin on his face.

So was it a penalty then?

In my eyes? Yes. I'm biased of course, but Riise definitely caught Taylor and aside from that episode against Villa a few years back Taylor isn't the guy to dive or do anything like that. And to his credit he got straight up after the challenge too.

It was a penalty, Taylor did make the most of it like, but it was a foul.

Mel, to say Taylor isn't the type of player to take a dive is laughable though, dying swan x2, etc.

?

I mentioned that...

You mentioned the first one, but not the second and he's blatantly dived/cheated on a number of other occasions, I'm not going to hold it against him because it's not of Robben/Ronaldo proportions or anything, but to say he wouldn't dive is ridiculous.

Would say Taylor is our only player who dives, can't actually remember any other players who do...

Harper,8 : The Bellamy goal was his fault,but made some fine stops and catchs that kept us in it

You say Harper was at fault for goal yet you gave him an 8!!!!!

He was fantastic despite the mistake,one of the main reasons we stayed in the game

Got to disagree i thought harper had a very dodgy game, his kicking was abysmal but credit to him he did make 1 decent stop in the second half, cant think who it was off?

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Brilliant result, last 10 mins was pretty nervy!! Delighted with the win, will def breed confidence amongst the lads... 1st half we were pretty poor but 2nd half was great... 3pts and up to 9th spot - Happy Days...

The strange thing about the 1st half...bellamy was like the focal point of the game, yet the defence just kep leaving him!  Bellamy shouldve had a hatrick.  But we improved in all areas as the game went on.

Do you remember when bellamy did that SSN interview he said "I physically just couldn't play at st james' in front of the geordies in another shirt.  I couldnt bring myself to do it"?  His celebration suggested otherwise.

Watched the match at the Berkley Tavern (when it wasn't breaking up) and we did really well 2nd half.

1st half was a disgrace to NUFC (mainly the defending) and it was through pure luck we got the 1-1.

But good effort in the 2nd half, the fear drained out of our players, and we matched and in parts past Liverpool in play, not much though, a scraped 3pts we didn't deserve but achieved, and i really dont give a fuk as long as we got them.

The strange thing about the 1st half...bellamy was like the focal point of the game, yet the defence just kep leaving him!  Bellamy shouldve had a hatrick.  But we improved in all areas as the game went on.

Do you remember when bellamy did that SSN interview he said "I physically just couldn't play at st james' in front of the geordies in another shirt.  I couldnt bring myself to do it"?  His celebration suggested otherwise.

Obviously an exagerration, but he definitely appreciates his time here and the fans.

Obviously an exagerration, but he definitely appreciates his time here and the fans.

I don't think he does.  I dont hate him as alot of people but i don't think he'd say anything +ve about us, only that we provided a stepping stone to bigger club.  If he really thought that i dont think he'd have directed his celebration at our fans.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Harper: 7

Taylor: 7

Bramble: 6

Gooch: 8

Baba: 7

Solano: 7

Parker: 8

Butt: 7

Milner: 7

Martins: 8

Dyer: 8

Nice victory but Roeder MUST put Taylor back in the heart of the defence, Solano RB and then toss Bramble :p

First-half diagnosis?

Liverpool in clear control, but we hung on and battled our way back into it.

Second-half diagnosis?

Thought we were marignally the better side - but we wanted it more.

Full-time diagnosis?

An unexpected win, but I'll take it. Well pleased with the fight that the team showed today.

Star man for United?

Gooch - was a tower of strength at CB.

Worst United player?

Probably Bramble.

Opposition comment?

Played some good stuff, but they didn't seem to want it as much as we did.

Toon-pros?

Effort, character and determination to drag themselves back into the game.

Toon-cons?

Bellamy gave the defence a hard time with his pace, but that was always gonna happen.

Post-match feelings?

Over the moon with the win !  8)