Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

dude, if it bothers you, dont read it. simple as that.

seeing Glenn Roeder jumping up and town and seeing the scoreboard at 2-1 to the toon almost brought a tear to my eye why can't we get results like this every f****** week ffs see them play like that againt liverpool but s*** against fulham pisses me off i think i love Gooch lol but seriously i said in the other forum he will be the rock in our defence hopefully for years to come

Again, what the f*** is that? One brick wall of words. Can you not type properly please.

seeing Glenn Roeder jumping up and town and seeing the scoreboard at 2-1 to the toon almost brought a tear to my eye why can't we get results like this every f****** week ffs see them play like that againt liverpool but s*** against fulham pisses me off i think i love Gooch lol but seriously i said in the other forum he will be the rock in our defence hopefully for years to come

Again, what the f*** is that? One brick wall of words. Can you not type properly please.

Oh give it a rest. Who honestly gives a fuck? We just won a game, we just a beat a team who are far better than us, and you've got nothing better to do than moan at someone for how they type.

for my money babayaro played fairly well, bramble was good at times and terrible most of the time as usual. i'm happy to see onyewu playing well. our defence looked fairly solid after the break, sign of good things to come. 

I don't understand how the defence seemed 200% more composed in the second half. It seemed we were playing a higher line, which you would've thought'd be trouble against Bellamy, but it seemed to focus the back four into actually being a unit.

Guest nufc 4 life

self explanatory really why can't we play like that every week liked to see the scoreboard 2-1 against liverpool and GR jumping up and down and that Gooch will be the rock in out defence hopefully for years to come

Come on then the Roeder out possee?

Changed your fickle tune yet?

There's more to it than just one semi-decent win. Not that I myself want him out at the moment, I'd rather wait to the summer and see where we finish.

Just my two cents:

Excellent second-half performance. Following the nature of the first two goals, I thought it was well-advised and acceptable that both sides resorted to long-ball tactics for various spells of the match. I thought that Milner might have had a few more pops at goal given how wet and windy it was. Both sides did really well, all things considered, and hosted a fantastic game. Playing out of defence was never really an option in those conditions with Bellamy and Martins at either end.

Bramble really imposed himself on the game in the second-half and looks to be getting to match fitness. No one had a shocker really - and this was against top-class opposition too in awful conditions. I thought our midfield was highly industrious and our attack penetrative.

It was quite funny to see the new Liverpool owner freezing his ass off at half-time. You could tell from his face he no longer cared about the match and he just wanted to survive the cold. Also heartening, was Nobby and Bellers at half-time.

I was quite disappointed with some of the diving, and from what I saw, I don't think it was a penalty [but once again, I'm not 100% sure about that]. Good game though, tough on Liverpool.

So was it a penalty then?

In my eyes? Yes. I'm biased of course, but Riise definitely caught Taylor and aside from that episode against Villa a few years back Taylor isn't the guy to dive or do anything like that. And to his credit he got straight up after the challenge too.

Quality result, chuffed to bits. Seeing my 'scouse' flatmate lost for words is brilliant!

Thought it was a dive tbh for the penalty.

Gooch looked good, really strong and some good clearing headers. Taylor had a good game at RB too.

In my eyes? Yes. I'm biased of course, but Riise definitely caught Taylor and aside from that episode against Villa a few years back Taylor isn't the guy to dive or do anything like that. And to his credit he got straight up after the challenge too.

Honestly i dont think it was penalty especially when i watched the replay

But im glad that the ref gave it

And im really happy that we won

;D ;D

Honestly i dont think it was penalty especially when i watched the replay

But im glad that the ref gave it

And im really happy that we won

;D ;D

Well I only saw the replay properly once to be honest.