St James' Park

Delima

Guest bimpy474

maybe its already posted but here's one comment from SSN site:

"Why not rename the players as well while they're at it?? Demba Ba(rclays) ..Cheike Tiote(sco) .. Shola Ameobi(and Q) ..."

Players are already sponsored on match days, they have to do corporate stuff for who they are sponsored by as i understand it.

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

Llambias said it will bring in an extra 8-10m.

I said 'how'. :thup:

With the extra revenue from SportsDirect.

Are you stupid? Sports Direct contributes nothing to the NUFC.

Are you stupid? Its clearly contributing to the expenses column in the accounts.......;D

Prove it.

2010 accounts suggest NUFC receive nothing for promotional services provided for another of Ashley's companies.

I refuse to prove something i am not saying thanks. Can you google 'expenses' for me and let me know what the fuck you are dribbling about?

Quote from: 2010 accounts

"During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to companies associated with Mr M J W Ashley, the sole shareholder of the company's parent undertaking, MASH Holdings Limited. No consideration was paid or payable for these services."

This will be fuelled by the Olympics he will be looking for an Olympic sponsor to take on the naming rights short term

Its not allowed is it? Ricoh has to be changed to 'City of Coventry Stadium' during them

Is Ricoh an Olympic partner or sponsor ?

How should i know, hence the question at the start.

Olympics Committee don't allow unauthorised sponsorship at their events.  The Ricoh Arena has to be renamed for the duration or it isn't included as a viable venue.

Guest bimpy474

This will be fuelled by the Olympics he will be looking for an Olympic sponsor to take on the naming rights short term

Its not allowed is it? Ricoh has to be changed to 'City of Coventry Stadium' during them

:lol:

Well it seems they are not, they sponsor the ATP World Tour, if they were an Olympic sponsor or partner then there would be no issue with the name of Coventry's ground.

They are i think mate.......this is a press release by Ricoh.

http://www.ricoh.co.uk/about-ricoh/news/2010/20100603-city-of-coventry-stadium-announced-as-the-new-london-2012-football-venue.aspx

Guest Roger Kint

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

Are you stupid? Its clearly contributing to the expenses column in the accounts.......;D

Prove it.

2010 accounts suggest NUFC receive nothing for promotional services provided for another of Ashley's companies.

I refuse to prove something i am not saying thanks. Can you google 'expenses' for me and let me know what the fuck you are dribbling about?

Quote from: 2010 accounts

"During the current and prior year, advertising and promotional services were provided to companies associated with Mr M J W Ashley, the sole shareholder of the company's parent undertaking, MASH Holdings Limited. No consideration was paid or payable for these services."

Words fail me as to how monumentally stupid you are.

READ MY FUCKING POST FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

Can someone answer me a question. Which is if no shirt or stadium sponsor is found, what will the club finances look like when the fair play rules come into effect, as I dont believe sports direct are putting money in which will be classed as income on the books?

Guest sydneycove

Can someone answer me a question. Which is if no shirt or stadium sponsor is found, what will the club finances look like when the fair play rules come into effect, as I dont believe sports direct are putting money in which will be classed as income on the books?

Well we have Northern Rock already for this season. We are allowed dispensation if we are within financial regulations when we make our application so as long as we have at least one of them sponsored by 2013/14 season we will be fine.

Well it seems they are not, they sponsor the ATP World Tour, if they were an Olympic sponsor or partner then there would be no issue with the name of Coventry's ground.

http://www.ricoh.co.uk/about-ricoh/news/2010/20100603-city-of-coventry-stadium-announced-as-the-new-london-2012-football-venue.aspx

Hmmmm so surely that limits options for sponsorship ?

Most BIG brands have something to do with the Olympics.

Is financial fair play going to affect clubs outside of European competition?

Guest Roger Kint

Is financial fair play going to affect clubs outside of European competition?

Not really

Guest sydneycove

For those interested:

Tier One Partners - adidas, BMW, BP, British Airways, BT, EDF and Lloyds TSB.

There are seven domestic Tier Two Supporters – Adecco, ArcelorMittal, Cadbury, Cisco, Deloitte, Thomas Cook and UPS.

There are twenty-seven domestic Tier Three Suppliers and Providers – Aggreko, Airwave, Atkins, Boston Consulting Group, CBS Outdoor, Crystal CG, Eurostar, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, G4S, GSK, Gymnova, Heathrow Airport, Heineken UK, Holiday Inn, John Lewis, McCann Worldgroup, Mondo, NATURE VALLEY, Next, The Nielsen Company, Populous, Rapiscan Systems, Rio Tinto, Technogym, Thames Water, Ticketmaster, Trebor and Westfield.

There is one domestic Tier One Paralympic Games Partner, Sainsbury’s and one domestic Tier Three Paralympic Supplier, Otto Bock.

The Worldwide Olympic Partners signed up for London 2012 are Coca-Cola, Acer, Atos, Dow Chemical Company, GE, McDonald’s, Omega, Panasonic, Procter and Gamble, Samsung and Visa.

But I assume it may just be like what they do with Etihad Stadium in Melbourne when Melbourne play Asian Champions League's games. Cover up all advertising and no camera shots of the stadium name.

'Cept for the 100m+ put in to cover the debt.

Which was what, a payment for advertising or a loan?

Guest bimpy474

Hmmmm so surely that limits options for sponsorship ?

Most BIG brands have something to do with the Olympics.

I would think most of the sponsorship is already in place, its one of the rules to get the Olympics, sponsors and finance in place so you can afford to have the games.

Guest ToonUltra

The 'Ann Summers Lingerie Party Arena'...the half time promotional shows would be well recieved by pissed up geordies in the lower tiers.

"1-0 down

4-1 up,

boobs and bra's to wrap it up,

with a frontal crack,

heavy chest,

give myself a toss,

Cheers Ashley, you're the greatest boss"

I personally couldn't give a shit about this. Fans will call it St James Park, it always will be St James Park. Ashley can call it whatever he likes.

I even remember Jeff Stelling on GSS saying of sportsdirect@SJP "Well, Newcastle to home today to *team* at the sportsdirect@stjamespark stadium. That's the last time I'm reading that out, I'll call it 'St James Park' because that's what it really is" :lol:

I hope the media continue to call it SJP, but I'm not sure they will.

Most likely the official TV captions etc will say "Sports Direct Arena" but I think pundits will just call it St James Park and dismiss it as a shit Ashley thing.

Most likely the official TV captions etc will say "Sports Direct Arena" but I think pundits will just call it St James Park and dismiss it as a shit Ashley thing.

City's ground seems to be called Eastlands more than whatever the fuck it's meant to be now. There is hope  :jesuswept:

City's ground seems to be called Eastlands more than whatever the fuck it's meant to be now. There is hope  :jesuswept:

City Of Manchester Stadium