St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

Nike wouldn't do it either, it's a complete non-starter.

What are people going off when presuming Puma are making our kits next year, solely the Llambias quotes saying he needed to let Puma know about shirt sponsorship by a certain time?  Haven't seen anything official that we're going beyond the initial 2 years.

Not that I believe Nike are interested mind, was just wondering why we're presuming it's Puma.

Regarding the Nike rumour, like some people have said, can't see Nike sponsoring our shirt going down too well with Puma.

A deal would be agreed and most probably be activated in June...

People Sport understands that the firm’s world-famous swoosh trademark could be adorning Newcastle United’s old stadium and the team’s shirts in time for Christmas as part of a potential five-year agreement.

Do Nike actually use the word Nike in their promotional stuff much nowadays, all I ever see is the swoosh thing? Seems kinda pointless for a brand based around a symbol to invest in a purely word-based form of promotion. Perhaps it'll end up being known as TSFKASJP, a la Prince?

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

I've been reliably told there is "no truth whatsoever" in story claiming Nike are front runners to become #nufc stadium and shirt sponsors

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/facepalmm.gif

So pressuming the name of the stadium is changed again, all of the Sports Direct signs will come down to be replaced, correct?

If that's the case why have they changed the font on the East Stand to match the Sports Direct italic? Would that be replaced again? Shit like that makes me think it won't be changing names again for a long time.  :undecided:

So pressuming the name of the stadium is changed again, all of the Sports Direct signs will come down to be replaced, correct?

If that's the case why have they changed the font on the East Stand to match the Sports Direct italic? Would that be replaced again? Shit like that makes me think it won't be changing names again for a long time.  :undecided:

They have to take all of that down for the Olympics anyway.

If that's the case why have they changed the font on the East Stand to match the Sports Direct italic? Would that be replaced again? s*** like that makes me think it won't be changing names again for a long time.  :undecided:

They have to take all of that down for the Olympics anyway.

Or cover it up.

I know which is cheaper and tackier!

Would love to see Nike make our kits like.  I think its no secret to anyone that they would make class kits and training gear for us.  No idea how Nike would ever be as a sponser of a club too - have 2 Nike logos on a kit? That sounds like something Nike would never do from a corp branding standpoint, thats just too tacky for them in my opinion. 

In a perfect world, Nike comes in. Reverts the stadium name, put plasters their Nike logo and slogans all over the stadium (which I'd take over SD any day) and then on the Kit - simple black and white stripes, classic style kit - with no sponser - or they stick on a sponser of a charity they support or hell, cheekily work with SBR foundation. Their kit sales, through-the-roof if they do that  - would be simple-stupid brilliant marketing. But that stuff made for dreams.

Imagine it will stick with Puma, with possibly Virgin Money on it until the end of the season and we end up with Puma making our kit with the fat man's comapny all over it.

Would love to see Nike make our kits like.  I think its no secret to anyone that they would make class kits and training gear for us.  No idea how Nike would ever be as a sponser of a club too - have 2 Nike logos on a kit? That sounds like something Nike would never do from a corp branding standpoint, thats just too tacky for them in my opinion. 

True but it would be even more tacky/fucked up if we were still manufactured by Puma but Nike were our shirt sponsor, so it would have both Nike and Puma logos on it? :lol: Another thing I just can't see happening.

True but it would be even more tacky/f***ed up if we were still manufactured by Puma but Nike were our shirt sponsor, so it would have both Nike and Puma logos on it? :lol: Another thing I just can't see happening.

Hah, yeah was thinking about that too - I just couldn't even post that!

and very imaginary ;)

Nike didn't want our shirts two years ago (or whenever the Puma deal was first signed), why would they want it now? Along with shirt sponsorship and stadium rights? :lol: It just doesn't make any sense.