St James' Park

Delima

Well tbh, I love the stadium no matter how bad Ashley tries to make it look hideous.

Sometimes I do feel SJP looks a bit dark during the winter or evening games. However, I also feel it seems brighter or better lit when the match is broadcast LIVE. Don't know if it has anything to do with the different cameras Sky use for Live matches and for the highlights but my eyes do sometimes notice this.

Seem to remember the stadium was even more darker before the Leazes/Milburn redevelopment, especially during the early Premiership days.

I think Old Trafford upgraded their lighting too not too far back. Before that, every night match that took place there look liked it was being played on a farm with the shit pitch they had too.

Am I making this up, or was there a photo of a big screen going up a few weeks ago?

Can't find it anymore.

Was it not for the concerts?

Could have been. But the bracket for it was where the Gallowgate end meets the Milburn, which given the stage position would strike me as odd.

Might be totally wrong like.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Am I making this up, or was there a photo of a big screen going up a few weeks ago?

Can't find it anymore.

Was it not for the concerts?

Could have been. But the bracket for it was where the Gallowgate end meets the Milburn, which given the stage position would strike me as odd.

Might be totally wrong like.

Might be a neon advert for Wonga/SD or some other advertiser.

You on about this thing?

http://i.imgur.com/RDnkzbk.png

Was for the lights

http://imageshack.com/a/img820/5959/726i.jpg

You got a picture of where the floodlights are mounted on the East stand? All along it or just in the corners like the Gallowgate?

You got a picture of where the floodlights are mounted on the East stand? All along it or just in the corners like the Gallowgate?

They're all the way along, as they always have been in recent years

edit: uness you mean the Leazes end, in which case they're on either side like the new Gallowgate ones I think

They're all the way along, as they always have been in recent years

edit: uness you mean the Leazes end, in which case they're on either side like the new Gallowgate ones I think

No. I did mean the East stand. Because before this, even though it was all the way along, it was not noticeable as the new ones are.

They put new ones one the Leazes and Milburn too? Ffs, there goes the money we saved on Shola..

Cabaye out, Cabella in.

Remy out, Riviere, de Jong in.

Debuchy out, Janmaat in.

Ayoze - developmental squad.

Colback - meh.

Still too early to conclude that.

New lights are up and working and a bit weird to see.

I thought we didn't have lights behind the goals so that the Goalkeepers didn't get dazzled??

The lights are doubled up along the Milburn stand as well.

Press thing must be over as they've been switched off now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello lads & lasses,

Time has finally come for me to attend my first toon game. Yes, after all these decades of being an armchair, pub-seat Newcastle supporter, I can finally afford to go to an actual live game. I'm currently looking at the Man City home opener. There seem to be a few seats remaining, but what would you suggest in terms of section for a first timer? I'm guessing some place with a more central view of things? Which stand / seats would you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)

Trying to find 4 tickets in a row in that section right now off the club's website. Any reason for that section?

Also, any tips for a first timer would be great :) I'm guessing buying the tix off the club's site's the easiest way to go about things?

Middle tier of the gallowgate for the best atmosphre.  Yeah get them on line or pop up mid week and get them from the ticket office.

Thanks. Doesn't look like there are 4 tix in a row left from the looks of it in the middle of the Gallowgate online. I'm in Canada and won't be in Newcastle until the day of the game itself, so my best bet is probably online.

I'm getting 4 in a row in something called the Platinum Club and Bar 1892 in the Milburn stand. Better, worse? Recommend?

Middle tier of the gallowgate for the best atmosphre.  Yeah get them on line or pop up mid week and get them from the ticket office.

Thanks. Doesn't look like there are 4 tix in a row left from the looks of it in the middle of the Gallowgate online. I'm in Canada and won't be in Newcastle until the day of the game itself, so my best bet is probably online.

I'm getting 4 in a row in something called the Platinum Club and Bar 1892 in the Milburn stand. Better, worse? Recommend?

How much you paying for that?

How much you paying for that?

61 quid per ticket for "Milburn Stand - Platinum Club - L2D Seat Plan" and 56 quid for "Milburn Stand - Bar 1892 - LL2G Seat Plan."

I don't even know what these 'plans' refer to.

Middle tier of theMilburn stand, ie the side where the camera's are when you see game footage.

Thats expensive but if thats all you can get, then go for it. You'll have a decent view.