St James' Park

Delima

Singing section update to our members..

Hello all,

We are writing to you today to bring you some great news.

Wor Hyem 1892 are awaiting singing section confirmation from NUFC, the section we have agreed in principle with the club and Gallowgate Flags is the Gallowgate upper. We will be in touch regarding ways to move with us once we hear more from the club. This will be before the ST deadline. We hope this helps your decision on where your new seat will be.

Demand will be high, and there is no guarantee that you will be able to obtain a ticket. Our ambition is to turn the Gallowgate into a wall of black and white, inspired by the yellow wall of Dortmund. This is just the beginning of the movement.

Singing doesn't have to be limited to the singing section. Sing loud, sing proud and support the club we all love.

#BringBackTheNoise!

Howay the lads!

WorHyem1892

I am not a fan of their name like, it isn't really too important though as mentioned.

Although I don't get why they exist, why not just become part of Gallowgate Flags instead of having loads of different groups who want the same results?

Guest neesy111

Sorry but that name is horrid, absolutely​ horrid.

That's not important tbf other than to the fans who always need something to whinge about. What they're trying to achieve is.

You can bloody talk, you love write posts about others complaining.  I'm not saying the idea isn't bad, but it's a name that I personally think is terrible and I'm not the only one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nee one says wor hyem like. Ah divvent think av hord it sed once ye knaa.

Fucking stupid name in all seriousness!

Nee one says wor hyem like. Ah divvent think av hord it sed once ye knaa.

f***ing stupid name in all seriousness!

Wey aye, I agree like but what I said before in it being something that we've all used, the Geordies amongst us anyway. Translated the name just means 'Our Home 1892' On that score, there's nowt wrong with it.

As for 'hyem', that was synonymous with growing up for me although I would have spelled it 'yem'.      gannin yem noo me like.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've used "hyem" many a time, but I just think "wor hyem" sounds daft, no-one ever refers to their home as "wor hyem"

Guest Howaythetoon

Never ever heard 'wor hyem'. Would say the broadest of Geordies would say 'Wor Hoose', 'Gannin' hyem' but never ever 'wor hyem'.

This

I think it's meant to mean 'our home' rather than 'my home.' As in St James Park, our home since 1892. It just doesn't sound right as it's usually obvious whose home you're referring to when saying hyem.

Obviously it's personal choice but for me it's just a group name, so no harm done really.

One thing ive always had an issue with is 'Toon Army'.  Now that name is something to gan radge about as it never made sense.

Guest neesy111

So what makes the section different? The club allowing standing for 90mins?

Never mind the name :lol: Can someone answer my question?

Well, I assume technically the club can't have a policy of allowing fans to stand for the whole game because of health and safety laws within all-seater stadiums?

The idea is that it'd be a section for like minded fans to get together and sing and wave flags throughout the game and not just pre-kick off. Unofficially, they'd be standing one would assume and Wor Hyem are working hard with Gallowgate flags and the club to ochestrate it.

It's exactly what all stadiums need across the country in response to this ridiculous away section at pitch side crap. Away fans and clubs shouldn't feel at home as it should be a disadvantage.

Wor Hyem works as a name as it obviously means our home. It is our home. Whilst it might not have a punchy ring to it or whatever it makes sense and regardless of that these lads are really trying to make a positive difference for all match goers.

They essentially are teaming up with Gallowgate Flags but are focusing more on the vocal aspects and dealing with the club to obtain a singing section as one of their current main goals. Gallowgate Flags work predominantly with the more visual aspects and their limitations within the ground.

It is pretty much the same thing I agree but different people head up different aspects.

Anyways...It's good that people are putting the effort into improving the atmosphere. :thup:

The idea is that it'd be a section for like minded fans to get together and sing and wave flags throughout the game and not just pre-kick off. Unofficially, they'd be standing one would assume and Wor Hyem are working hard with Gallowgate flags and the club to ochestrate it.

It's exactly what all stadiums need across the country in response to this ridiculous away section at pitch side crap. Away fans and clubs shouldn't feel at home as it should be a disadvantage.

Wor Hyem works as a name as it obviously means our home. It is our home. Whilst it might not have a punchy ring to it or whatever it makes sense and regardless of that these lads are really trying to make a positive difference for all match goers.

They essentially are teaming up with Gallowgate Flags but are focusing more on the vocal aspects and dealing with the club to obtain a singing section as one of their current main goals. Gallowgate Flags work predominantly with the more visual aspects and their limitations within the ground.

It is pretty much the same thing I agree but different people head up different aspects.

Anyways...It's good that people are putting the effort into improving the atmosphere. :thup:

:thup: There was a significant improvement last season. The more shite like this the better.

Is it going to be spread right across all 5 blocks of the upper tier or concentrated on 1 or 2 blocks initially?

Can't decide whether to move up there or stay where I am as the atmosphere is canny there anyway.

I think the intent is that is starts concentrated into one or two blocks (I think towards the west portion of the Gallowgate upper tier but I could be wrong). Then it will expand if demand warrants it.

In an ideal world safe standing would be introduced and the whole Gallowgate would be like the Yellow wall (only Black and White). In my opinion, of course.