St James' Park

Delima

Whoever said ice rink, I fully agree!. North East has a solid history in ice hockey that is being kept going by the warriors.

As much affection as I have for Whitley ice rink, we need a premier ice venue for our city!!

On subject, all the student accom's in Newcastle is mental, especially the prominent positions they take.

I play/train there every sat night and the odd game on a sunday, we need new facilities, we have teams coming from Sheffield and Nottingham and they cant believe Whitley is our only rink. After that its Billingham.  :lol: :lol:

Nice one mate, wrong of me to only mention warriors as I know there are a fair few rec. teams playing out of Whitley too!.

Whitley has a certain nostalgia to it which I love ,but if I was visiting from the likes of Sheffield with their ice Sheffield venue I'd be mortified haha.

Talk of Leeds getting a silverblades too!

Whoever said ice rink, I fully agree!. North East has a solid history in ice hockey that is being kept going by the warriors.

As much affection as I have for Whitley ice rink, we need a premier ice venue for our city!!

On subject, all the student accom's in Newcastle is mental, especially the prominent positions they take.

I play/train there every sat night and the odd game on a sunday, we need new facilities, we have teams coming from Sheffield and Nottingham and they cant believe Whitley is our only rink. After that its Billingham.  :lol: :lol:

Nice one mate, wrong of me to only mention warriors as I know there are a fair few rec. teams playing out of Whitley too!.

Whitley has a certain nostalgia to it which I love ,but if I was visiting from the likes of Sheffield with their ice Sheffield venue I'd be mortified haha.

Talk of Leeds getting a silverblades too!

Yeah heard about that, we live in hope up here.

We drive past the rink all the time in Whitley and theres always queues for skating or a game on etc.

The Rink at Whitley has no capacity left, our team only has access to ice time from 12:15 am on a sat night, so I leave the house at 11:35 pm  :undecided:

What's happening to the arena when the new one on the Quayside opens? It wouldn't take much to reconfigure it to a sports-only venue for Ncl basketball and hockey teams surely? It was always sh*t for music anyway, acoustics are like listening speakers on full blast from the bottom of a giant Pringles tube. Underwater.

Too big for b/ball and only nonces like ice hockey. Knock the cunt down and build some cooncil hooses or something totally unnecessary IMO, massive fucking statue or tower or something with no purpose other than to look garish.

Too big for b/ball and only nonces like ice hockey. Knock the c*** down and build some cooncil hooses or something totally unnecessary IMO, massive f***ing statue or tower or something with no purpose other than to look garish.

Says the soccer lover  :lol: where the sport is notorious for touching kids up. 

What's happening to the arena when the new one on the Quayside opens? It wouldn't take much to reconfigure it to a sports-only venue for Ncl basketball and hockey teams surely? It was always sh*t for music anyway, acoustics are like listening speakers on full blast from the bottom of a giant Pringles tube. Underwater.

The Basketball team are building their own stadium built next to Cruddas Park Riverside Dene. The arena wasn't good for Basketball as they played in an empty venue, they currently play at Sport Central at Northumbria university. Ice Hockey hasn't been played at the arena for years as the rents are too high, they only keep the ice for skating shows (Disney on Ice). It wouldn't be a bad idea to totally change the area site for leisure use, a new smaller ice rink so our local teams can play there, a velodrome, maybe a climbing wall, skate park, and possibly an amphitheatre. Of course knowing NCC, the money from Peter Barretts would be too good to turn down and instead of having an exciting development breathing life into an under used part of the city, we will end up with a few uninspiring homes, and we'll have to just turn our hopes to them having a Juliet balcony to make them sort of look semi-ok-ish.

The Basketball team are building their own stadium built next to Cruddas Park Riverside Dene. The arena wasn't good for Basketball as they played in an empty venue, they currently play at Sport Central at Northumbria university. Ice Hockey hasn't been played at the arena for years as the rents are too high, they only keep the ice for skating shows (Disney on Ice). It wouldn't be a bad idea to totally change the area site for leisure use, a new smaller ice rink so our local teams can play there, a velodrome, maybe a climbing wall, skate park, and possibly an amphitheatre. Of course knowing NCC, the money from Peter Barretts would be too good to turn down and instead of having an exciting development breathing life into an under used part of the city, we will end up with a few uninspiring homes, and we'll have to just turn our hopes to them having a Juliet balcony to make them sort of look semi-ok-ish.

The teams from Whitley Ice Rink don't need a super arena, just a decent ice pad, seating for fans, decent changing rooms, equipment shop and the ice not to fcking melt. 

I'd love to know if these student accomodation developments have contingency plans for if the bubble is ever to burst on foreign students coming to the UK. Can they be re-purposed into standard housing stock?

Doubt it. The block of flats directly opposite SJP look great if you want to reach for your toast, and take a piss at the same time from the comfort of your bed.

:thup: We work in loads of them in London and the answer is a resounding no.

They're short term single occupancy rooms.

Perhaps some sort of temporary housing for single people/homeless etc but certainly not suitable for families or even couples.

The teams from Whitley Ice Rink don't need a super arena, just a decent ice pad, seating for fans, decent changing rooms, equipment shop and the ice not to fcking melt.

Not saying they do need a super arena, that's why I said a smaller one on the current arena site alongside other sporting venues would be ideal.

Not saying they do need a super arena, that's why I said a smaller one on the current arena site alongside other sporting venues would be ideal.

I was agreeing, just something of a decent size and facilities.

I was agreeing, just something of a decent size and facilities.

:thup:

I've heard Russians have been given the go-ahead to start investing in Newcastle. 

Go-ahead? From who? (whom?). Having seen how the shady b*stards operate I would've thought the last thing they thought about was chasing up written permission from the local ombudsman

DGt5RE7XoAAz9ED.jpg

Is nobody else here absolutely raging at the sight of this photo? What happened to the claim that this monstrosity would not hamper any expansion of the Gallowgate end?

This photo confirms the death of any hope of NUFC becoming a top player again in the Premier League. Ashley is about to wreck our future, permanently. His legacy will be here forever, long after he has gone. And our utterly inept City Council are going to let him do it too.  :'(

I've heard Russians have been given the go-ahead to start investing in Newcastle. 

Go-ahead? From who? (whom?). Having seen how the shady b*stards operate I would've thought the last thing they thought about was chasing up written permission from the local ombudsman

Just heard it from a guy in commercial real estate.

DGt5RE7XoAAz9ED.jpg

Is nobody else here absolutely raging at the sight of this photo? What happened to the claim that this monstrosity would not hamper any expansion of the Gallowgate end?

This photo confirms the death of any hope of NUFC becoming a top player again in the Premier League. Ashley is about to wreck our future, permanently. His legacy will be here forever, long after he has gone. And our utterly inept City Council are going to let him do it too.  :'(

Don't think the building in the picture is the problem, think it's the one further back that is the biggest problem as it's further forward and would be close to the footprint of an expenasion of the gallowgate. However Nexus are trying to get it moved further back because the current location would prevent an West end expansion from SJP Metro station.

Ahh of course it is  aye.  There is still that one little car park next to El Coto and the car park directly behind us in front of the Gallowgate.

Yeah, it won't be long before they are built on, if they do I hope it's like Soho opposite El Coto, that I think is one of the best new builds that fits in well within the surrounding area.

Ahh of course it is  aye.  There is still that one little car park next to El Coto and the car park directly behind us in front of the Gallowgate.

Yeah, it won't be long before they are built on, if they do I hope it's like Soho opposite El Coto, that I think is one of the best new builds that fits in well within the surrounding area.

Somehow I don't think it will be.  :lol: