St James' Park

Delima

On 18/07/2024 at 16:58, Stifler said:

It’s never been owned by him, he took the lease on when he bought JJB out of administration, but he never owned the building.

I actually forwarded the details of the building for sale sign onto Costco a few months back, because they are expanding in the U.K.

I doubt they would take it on, but it really needs to be like a supermarket or Primark if Newcastle Quays next door is going to have any chance of getting customers back. The building is owned by a different company though.

Way too close to their Gateshead site.

They would just cannibalise sales from each other. 

Roma's new stadium looks amazing, Everton don't have a pot to piss in and they get a riverside super stadium, we have the richest owners in the world and we get a new font on the East Stand and some shipping containers #underwhelmed 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Roma's new stadium looks amazing, Everton don't have a pot to piss in and they get a riverside super stadium, we have the richest owners in the world and we get a new font on the East Stand and some shipping containers #underwhelmed 

Those are good examples. The Roma stadium is a decade in the making and doesn't have a shovel in the ground yet. Everton has been looking into a new stadium for over 25 years.

If the council want to piss us around  just move,Arsenal spurs man city got on with it stop being a bunch of tarts over SJP  its fucking dated man,

If they won't give us that awful duck pond move on, 

50 minutes ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

If the council want to piss us around  just move,Arsenal spurs man city got on with it stop being a bunch of tarts over SJP  its fucking dated man,

If they won't give us that awful duck pond move on, 

It’s a listed park, and it’s also not owned by the council.

I keep getting astonished by how dense some people are, it’s like the comments on in the chronicle.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Roma's new stadium???

Aren't we doing a feasibility study on modernising St James' Park? I'm guessing the decision on a new stadium will come from that. 

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Those are good examples. The Roma stadium is a decade in the making and doesn't have a shovel in the ground yet. Everton has been looking into a new stadium for over 25 years.

They're also moving out of ancient decrepit messes. Despite what you read that isn't the case for us. 

27 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s a listed park, and it’s also not owned by the council.

I keep getting astonished by how dense some people are, it’s like the comments on in the chronicle.

No disperct Leazes park is dodgy as fuck after a certain time  not for any women, fuck all this grade 1 cobblers ,

1 minute ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

No disperct Leazes park is dodgy as fuck after a certain time  not for any women, fuck all this grade 1 cobblers ,

Listing is based on historic and/or architectural significance, as opposed to amounts of anti-social behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Listing is based on historic and/or architectural significance, as opposed to amounts of anti-social behaviour.

The Byker Wall likes this post  

SJP fuck all this nostalgia shit my fog game was a friendly against Benfica.

If the civic centre won't let us build on that crime ridden dump they've got listed...call there bluff and fuck off,

We are being held to ramson build a 70k stadium on the  outskirts 

If I was a betting man I’d be placing my bets on the remainder of the brewery land up Pitt Street (opposite The Earl) and purchasing the local neighbourhood properties ahead of leazes park or a ground extension 

3 minutes ago, Magdad said:

If I was a betting man I’d be placing my bets on the remainder of the brewery land up Pitt Street (opposite The Earl) and purchasing the local neighbourhood properties ahead of leazes park or a ground extension 

A massive fuck off blue star illuminated on the roof of stadium.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

A massive fuck off blue star illuminated on the roof of stadium.

It’s better than a big golden cock 

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

They're also moving out of ancient decrepit messes. Despite what you read that isn't the case for us. 

We also still have the 7th highest capacity despite it not being touched in two decades, we're not getting the most revenue possible out of the current building, and there is at least one obvious option to expand with countless other paths being explored. It's a complicated situation and there's no doubt there would be complaints if we had immediately rushed into something without considering all of the options.

29 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Owned by council and is grade 2 listed according to this. No idea if that means it can be bought or not though IMG_1852.thumb.png.e9a9cb6f978dc3dcd853847a36921e23.png

It’s not though, it’s owned by the Freeman of the city and it’s use given to the people of the city, with the council responsible for it’s upkeep.