St James' Park

Delima

They are not going to announce a new stadium with a design and a new location in one go. The first question is whether to build a new one or rebuild SJP, that’s all that will be decided initially.

A new stadium would cost at least £500m, more than the club cost, it’s not going to be a quick decision. It will go all the way up the chain at PIF.The longer it takes the more serious its being taken so if you want a new stadium the delay is a good sign.

If the decision is a new build I doubt they’ll only have one location, more likely a shortlist with a preferred option. The club don’t own Leazes park so be crazy to announce a new stadium on land owned by someone else. It would become the Guehi of land purchases 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What kind of sector are you in Broon by the way?

Planning, I'm possibly the only person on here who has actually dealt with a planning application for a football stadium (albeit sub 10,000).

20 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

That's a redevelopment of the existing student accommodation, it doesn't involve the moorland.

It is actually going to involve some of the Moor, as part of the new application there likely a need/demand for better access/pedestrian links across the Moor as a gateway (as this is used as the main and logical pedestrian access, rather than the northern end of the site). But yes the built development is only on the student blocks.

Edited by ponsaelius

26 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

They are not going to announce a new stadium with a design and a new location in one go. The first question is whether to build a new one or rebuild SJP, that’s all that will be decided initially.

A new stadium would cost at least £500m, more than the club cost, it’s not going to be a quick decision. It will go all the way up the chain at PIF.The longer it takes the more serious its being taken so if you want a new stadium the delay is a good sign.

If the decision is a new build I doubt they’ll only have one location, more likely a shortlist with a preferred option. The club don’t own Leazes park so be crazy to announce a new stadium on land owned by someone else. It would become the Guehi of land purchases 

Industry insiders have already said that whatever happens, the cost would be in the multi-billions.

A Gallowgate extension alone would likely cost about £500m. This is one of the many reasons why I believe whatever happens, we are getting a new stadium, be it on the current site but a larger footprint, or at Castle Leazes. Whatever happens, how SJP looks now, will not be how it looks like when it’s finished.

23 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Planning, I'm possibly the only person on here who has actually dealt with a planning application for a football stadium (albeit sub 10,000).

Interesting…..member of my family is a town planner worked for the North of Tyne Authority before moving into consultancy.

12 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

moving Leazes Terrace brick by brick to beamish is back then

More likely converting Gallowgate to reflect the west/leazes stand design, connecting it to the west stand and add more safe seating.

I’m all for a hover stadium or a sliding East stand though. 

Just now, RS said:

More likely converting Gallowgate to reflect the west/leazes stand design, connecting it to the west stand and add more safe seating.

I’m all for a hover stadium or a sliding East stand though. 

Safe choice

PIF OUT

Talking of waiting lists.......I was told last week that to get on the waiting list for a box (more than a hundred companies already on there....) you had to pay a £5 or 6k fee (I can't remember exactly which one he said) which would get you a place on the waiting list and also priority access to corporate tickets etc etc.

Nice work if you can get it...

9 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Talking of waiting lists.......I was told last week that to get on the waiting list for a box (more than a hundred companies already on there....) you had to pay a £5 or 6k fee (I can't remember exactly which one he said) which would get you a place on the waiting list and also priority access to corporate tickets etc etc.

So there is over 100 companies wanting to get a corporate box who can’t, and some people on here still think at most we’ll get level 7 on the Gallowgate end?

12 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

If true, the club would be mad not to maximise that at a new build.

20 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Aye, that'll be the Business Club, £6k a year (£5k + VAT) and if you're not already a seasonal hospitality client you can go on the waiting list and got dibs on match-by-match hospitality tickets before they went on sale.

5 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Aye, that'll be the Business Club, £6k a year (£5k + VAT) and if you're not already a seasonal hospitality client you can go on the waiting list and got dibs on match-by-match hospitality tickets before they went on sale.

Aye - that sounds exactly what he was describing.

19 minutes ago, Stifler said:

So there is over 100 companies wanting to get a corporate box who can’t, and some people on here still think at most we’ll get level 7 on the Gallowgate end?

I can’t say with 100% certainty now, mainly because my memory is shite, but I’m sure we were told over 300 companies on the list when we did a tour of the stadium last summer but this guy, on the list, last week said over 100.

I do know for sure that they have said to people on the list that they will prioritise those who spend the most with them, in corporate hospitality, whilst they’re waiting.

Edited by Minhosa

17 minutes ago, JLC said:

If true, the club would be mad not to maximise that at a new build.

It’s why i think they’ll go for a full new build. Huge revenues that they are currently missing out on.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

It’s why i think they’ll go for a full new build. Huge revenues that they are currently missing out on.

I want to think so but not sure where the space in the city is 

We’ll see (eventually) though