St James' Park

Delima

24 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

They don’t need to but there are numerous reasons why it would not in the club's interest to do that until the plans are at a more advanced stage.

On the flip side, they maybe should have been promising information on it for the last year, and recently come out saying the results are imminent?

Edited by Stifler

If it were a new ground, surely word would be out due to the land acquisitions needed? My instinct is that they're hoping to expand Gallowgate over the Metro station after Euro 28, and if that's not technically feasible, they'll just look to improve current facilities.

Edited by Turnbull2000

5 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

If it were a new ground, surely word would be out due to the land acquisitions needed? My instinct is that they're hoping to expand Gallowgate over the Metro station after Euro 28, and if that's not technically feasible, they'll just look to improve current facilities.

I think word would probably start to drip out one way or another as things progress.

Edited by Jackie Broon

24 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think word would probably start to drip out one way or another as things progress.

Meanwhile, first images of Man Utd new stadium has emerged.

God, we are really going at snail's pace.monster inc running GIF

Personally, what I would have done was build a small stadium at the arena site something like 25k permanent seats and 10k temporary seats to accommodate all season ticket holders (I'm not one, so 2 years of pain) and knock down SJP and rebuild on the site. 

The arena stadium could have then been converted as nufc new training complex where the ladies and the U-21s could play. 

Ambitious yes, but the chairman said he wanted to be no 1 and that can't happen without that level of ambition.

Sadly that's not an option anymore. It just seems like we are losing momentum 

28 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Personally, what I would have done was build a small stadium at the arena site something like 25k permanent seats and 10k temporary seats to accommodate all season ticket holders (I'm not one, so 2 years of pain) and knock down SJP and rebuild on the site. 

The arena stadium could have then been converted as nufc new training complex where the ladies and the U-21s could play. 

Ambitious yes, but the chairman said he wanted to be no 1 and that can't happen without that level of ambition.

Sadly that's not an option anymore. It just seems like we are losing momentum 

I'm 50 next year, I'll be 60 before St James Park is ready with that plan 

Can't wait for the day we get the Tweet out of the blue linking to a club statement saying the club is delighted to announce it has acquired land and is to begin immediately the construction of a new 96,000 capacity stadium. 

Why only 96,000 is only a question Mitchell can answer. Howe possibly if we get beat in the game prior to the announcement. 

Just now, TBG said:

Can't wait for the day we get the Tweet out of the blue linking to a club statement saying the club is delighted to announce it has acquired land and is to begin immediately the construction of a new 96,000 capacity stadium. 

Why only 96,000 is only a question Mitchell can answer. Howe possibly if we get beat in the game prior to the announcement. 

If we weren't wasting £650,000 per week on Matt Targett we could afford an even bigger stadium

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Need more of this, apparently 😂

Like any reasonable person, I fucking despise this shite 

And at the same time - yeah, to have any chance of competing this is what you need

Even if it does make me just want to give up on ‘the people’s game’ entirely

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That is absolutely vile 

as long as there's still enough seats for normal punters at affordable prices - it wouldnt bother me. we need to fleece the likes of these corporate fans.

good for local businesses trying to wine and clients also.

Edited by huss9