St James' Park

Delima

Just now, huss9 said:

as long as there's still enough seats for normal punters at affordable prices - it wouldnt bother me. we need to fleece the likes of these corporate fans

It was more just being triggered by someone that filled me with repulsion 

They've started using outside venues for hospitality ie 3sixty & Gaucho. Do they then get 'normal' seats or are they put into the platinum or something similar? If its the former then it is affecting the normal fan. 

Edited by Tross

Re the east stand... it depends on the leeway with right to light etc, but the roof currently slopes downwards - if it was straightened, which would add only a small amount of height, then I don't see why another tier couldn't be added to hang over the current seats, which would add around 2-3k. With a Gallowgate & corner expansion on top you're talking around 65k capacity. New boxes in the Gallowgate could operate that sort of stuff Spurs do in that video. 

Owners desperate to put money in, not allowed unless your rip the guts out of sections of the ground and replace it with these cunts. What a sad state of affairs. We should be signing who we want with rock bottom ticket prices.

Edited by BoSelecta

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Owners desperate to put money in, not allowed unless your rip the guts out of sections of the ground and replace it with these cunts. What a sad state of affairs. We should be signing who we want with rock bottom ticket prices.

Shamone!

29 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, that’s obviously not what football means to me but it doesn’t seem to affect the normal fan that much. Guess it takes up areas that could be used to cheaper normal tickets, but other than that. 

It's a big 'that'

27 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Re the east stand... it depends on the leeway with right to light etc, but the roof currently slopes downwards - if it was straightened, which would add only a small amount of height, then I don't see why another tier couldn't be added to hang over the current seats, which would add around 2-3k. With a Gallowgate & corner expansion on top you're talking around 65k capacity. New boxes in the Gallowgate could operate that sort of stuff Spurs do in that video. 

As has been discussed many times before, in technical terms it's unlikely to be possible to build up without an additional structure behind the existing stand to physically support the stand and for the access and concourse.

There just isn't likely to be room for that without unacceptable impacts on light and the setting of Leazes Terrace.

In terms of impacts on light there are two separate potential issues, planning and civil law right to light. Chelsea's new stadium was actually stopped by civil law right to light, rather than planning.

Edited by Jackie Broon

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It was more just being triggered by someone that filled me with repulsion 

oh aye.

these bottomless brunches a new thing?

daughter's 19 and she often out on them.

when she first told me i though it was something to do with food.

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

These bottomless brunches are a reet con. Add a go-karting rink for afterwards and then we're talking.

Akenside does a canny one. Tbf I'm surprised it's an actual thing in the Toon, given how much we love our drink and scran. 

I could easily do it justice. What, in 2 hours? Easy 😜

Be a barra job but hey-ho, hic

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Akenside does a canny one. Tbf I'm surprised it's an actual thing in the Toon, given how much we love our drink and scran. 

explain what one is.

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

The Hudson is always full of them 

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Apparently you can also stand behind a barrier in the tunnel and watch the post match interviews for a £1000 a pop at Man City.

if that was £250 i would consider it as a one off for a birthday prezzie for the bairns.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

as long as there's still enough seats for normal punters at affordable prices - it wouldnt bother me. we need to fleece the likes of these corporate fans.

good for local businesses trying to wine and clients also.

And that's why we need a new stadium built, not an expansion of St James Park.

Gonna need an up to date stadium with a minimum of 80.000 seats plus theese flashy boxes. The more "normal" seats, the lower ticketprices. It's in the boxes that companys pay for the money should come in.

We can't get that at St James. To become a top club we must move on.

Just now, Toon No9 said:

Gonna need an up to date stadium with a minimum of 80.000 seats plus theese flashy boxes. The more "normal" seats, the lower ticketprices. It's in the boxes that companys pay for the money should come in.

Disagree. We need to stay at St James' to protect identity. Once we make that move away its the final nail in the coffin. 

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Top tip - pre-load on Greggs and ignore all the annoying food they try to foist on you.

Then just stare menacingly whenever your glass of cheap supermarket bought prosecco is empty.

I suppose we've all got a system.

13 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Rips the heart and soul of the club clean away.