St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

Whatever is happening we can all be together knowing that TynesideLife knows fuck all.

Listen , Fast Eddie sez hes measured the land down there ( Arena ) and its just not big enough . Fuck knows how he measured it like 

1 minute ago, Orphanage said:

Listen , Fast Eddie sez hes measured the land down there ( Arena ) and its just not big enough . Fuck knows how he measured it like 

watch the video, he shows how lol

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Doesn’t mean that housing will be built. The land can still be sold by them say to the club if they want to build a stadium.

14 minutes ago, RobS said:

Was gonna say, I dont think tyneside Life is usually the man for details and facts etc, but in this case having watched his video the evidence seems pretty strong. 

Utilitia Arena defo not going to be knocked down for 4-5 years

Heliport owner has no plans to sell

Homes England just bought the brownfield land and already got surveyors / land prep etc.

Arena Stadium is not happening like.

Neither was the club acquiring St James metro site, until it was (as I said earlier). I'm not saying we WILL move there, just that it's not impossible. Land prep work would have to happen for either plan so that can happen regardless.

20 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I know, let's just bulldoze the Theatre Royal and move the whole thing brick by brick to London.

How about if we demolish London, throw the bricks in the Thames, and then move the Theatre Royal to Beamish

35 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Doesn’t mean that housing will be built. The land can still be sold by them say to the club if they want to build a stadium.

Hopefully the housing does get built as that is more important than a stadium.

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

How about if we demolish London, throw the bricks in the Thames, and then move the Theatre Royal to Beamish

Now you're thinking.

31 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

It won’t be social housing you can bet on that, there might be a tiny proportion available for rent and believe me it won’t be affordable rent that will help homeless people. If they were to build all social housing on the site I’d fully agree with you.

23 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It won’t be social housing you can bet on that, there might be a tiny proportion available for rent and believe me it won’t be affordable rent that will help homeless people. If they were to build all social housing on the site I’d fully agree with you.

We need to build housing for all purposes, the country is in a housing emergency across all levels.

Edited by El Prontonise

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

Any reasons why we can't have both ? Loads of brownfield just off the length of Scotswood road and the added economic benefits of a new stadium and successful football cl7b.

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

I know, let's just bulldoze the Theatre Royal and move the whole thing brick by brick to London.

Move the Spurs stadium brick by brick to the arena site and jobs a good un.

55 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

We need to build housing for all purposes, the country is in a housing emergency across all levels.

Sorry but the need for social housing far outweighs the needs of private housing development.

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Sorry but the need for social housing far outweighs the needs of private housing development.

I didn't say it wasn't , it was you who said the scheme is only worth it if it's social housing.  I said all types of housing need to build.

Edited by El Prontonise

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I spent several years accompanying my uncle with severe MD to SJP on a match day - believe me, getting to the Leazes end was no picnic for him.  He struggled with that.  Walking from central station to the arena (as we did for boxing one night) was a shitload easier. 

Appreciate what you're saying. Directly there, no question. From already being in the city centre it's a different story in terms of getting to the arena, but especially coming back.