St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I noticed the roof in the leazes milburn corner was looking filthy yesterday. I'm very surprised it's been neglected 

the pre-match drone shot had pretty much the whole roof looking worse for wear

5 hours ago, Ando7 said:

Extension to the gallowgate seen as the way forward,plans should be coming out in next few weeks.

Lovely stuff.

Fuck the NFL. Fuck Ed Sheeran. We are a football club.

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Can anyone explain the logic in expanding Gallowgate = PIF moving on?

Presumably if they were planning to shift the club they wouldn't spend however many hundred million on a fairly minimal expansion? Wouldn't they just do nothing? 

Expanding the Gallowgate - PIF not ambitious

Leaving SJP - PIF have no respect for the history of the club 

4 hours ago, TBG said:

So after getting many a transfer wrong, is Ando legit again or we just going along with what he says cause it goes with the narrative that PIF don't actually have any ambition for us? 

It's better than that, now extending the stadium means they have less ambition :lol:

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Lovely stuff.

Fuck the NFL. Fuck Ed Sheeran. We are a football club.

Disagree with this, the club should be trying to make as much use of the stadium as possible to increase revenue. Won't be NFL because they won't go outside of London but it can be other sports (magic weekend, Falcons and international rugby, international football etc) 

Football club first, aye. Community asset that will increase the exposure of the club too though.

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Expanding the Gallowgate - PIF not ambitious

Leaving SJP - PIF have no respect for the history of the club 

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't, we complain about everything apart from politics, we get fucked right up the arse and dont say a word.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Disagree with this, the club should be trying to make as much use of the stadium as possible to increase revenue. Won't be NFL because they won't go outside of London but it can be other sports (magic weekend, Falcons and international rugby, international football etc) 

Football club first, aye. Community asset that will increase the exposure of the club too though.

I’m sure big events are great for the city in general too. Lots of people buying hotel rooms, food, drinks etc

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

My info is sort of the opposite of Ando.. no concrete plans yet but they are having initial discussions with some developers and other parties about acquiring land.

A small extension is one of the options listed, but there are 4 identified.

What are the other three? Presumably do nothing is one, a new stadium another?

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

What are the other three? Presumably do nothing is one, a new stadium another?

Move Leazes Terrace brick by brick to Beamish obvs.

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's better than that, now extending the stadium means they have less ambition :lol:

Another one that doesn’t know how to read. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Do agree with you, was just being over the top.

However, I do not want us to have some mega bowl shite like Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Do agree with you, was just being over the top.

However, I do not want us to have some mega bowl shite like Spurs. 

Think if they're able to find a medium between what we have now and what Spurs have, I'd be happy.

Improve the concourses, more seats, sack the DJ, more hospitality, launch the East Stand into the sun, better/more screens

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What's the Family Enclosure size these days? Last thing I can find is from 2008 when we increased from 650 to about 1800. 

Family Enclosure capacity is 5,007 (Milburn L7A/LL7A through to L7H/LL7H).

19 minutes ago, madras said:

Move Leazes Terrace brick by brick to Beamish 

Probably put it right in front of the sweet shop so we can't extend that.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

The roof at the very least needs a clean/new glass panels.

Could also do with the main stand and Leazers stand having at least a re-clad.

Aye the outside looks all too grey n dated . Could we get some famous arty type to wrap the building ? Or maybe some local lads from a dodgy garage ? 

Edited by ShootShoot
xrra bit

We could split the difference and says it an extension until something better opens up.

Still believe the East Stand can be remodelled steeper or deeper - whichever gets more seats in, maybe a hanging block of seats like the old Wembley gallery. Were not looking for a lot here just a couple thou extra to supplement the Gallowgate/Milburn corner.

Edited by Wolfcastle

22 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Family Enclosure capacity is 5,007 (Milburn L7A/LL7A through to L7H/LL7H).

Grounds full of old cunts and young kids, no wonder the atmosphere is fucking shite most weeks.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Grounds full of old cunts and young kids, no wonder the atmosphere is fucking shite most weeks.

Rip all the seats out hoy out the oldies n the bairns n hoy in all the middle aged drunks . Ship in a few boxes of crisps for their half time bait

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Fucking right, we need more lads who are desperate to hit the bogs at half time to refresh their nostrils. 

55 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Another one that doesn’t know how to read. :lol:

Staggering amounts of projection from you here like, but yeah, that's what I read because that's what was obviously said. :lol:

Screenshot_20240331_173019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2fe843df070fc4307262111ea041fbaf.jpg

20 minutes ago, madras said:

Fucking right, we need more lads who are desperate to hit the bogs at half time to refresh their nostrils. 

Not sure i’d be doing a line off the piss covered bog seats at St James like.