St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Screenshot2024-10-01162400(1).thumb.jpg.baaa792cd9cabc4fd232c19a0db204be.jpg

🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😛😛😛

Drop your car in for an MOT, grab a steak bake, hop skip and a jump to the match, missus still goes shopping in town and you don't get dragged round with her.

Dreamy.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

As mentioned earlier, Jon Champion did the worldwide feed comms and mentioned (said it like it was a fact, announced, etc.) that we'd be redeveloping on the same site. He obviously and likely heard a rumor and probably didn't do much else with it but wanted to mention again here. 

Take it for what it's worth, he also called the East stand the Leazes Stand during the Wor Flags Gordon display.

2 hours ago, J7 said:

I’d be amazed if they redeveloped SJP for £800m - £1bn when they could build a new stadium. Especially given the disruption.

That's the excuse they will use, not financially sound and they will be 100% correct to use that

51 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

If a new build is twice the price, and so at least £800m more on those costings it is going to have to deliver a lot more revenue than the rebuild to make it worthwhile financially.

If they take a 30 year payback period a new build needs to bring in an extra £25m a year vs a rebuild. If a new build has an extra 10,000 seats, each seat has to delivery an extra £2,500 per year in profit. Don’t expect any cheap seats!

Just one thing a new stadium would bring decent revenue in, is the top music artists coming to Newcastle. Something that SJP is restricted on with entry/exit into the stadium, for artists who have big stage sets. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Just one thing a new stadium would bring decent revenue in, is the top music artists coming to Newcastle. Something that SJP is restricted on with entry/exit into the stadium, for artists who have big stage sets. 

With the added benefit of taking that revenue stream away from the mackems.

Capping the stadium at ~60k seems like it would keep a lot of supporters out (including young ones), limit the club's revenue, and put pressure on ticket prices.

I'm very interested to know what the study says the capacity of a new stadium should be as that difference would tell us what we'd be giving up to stay.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

We'll have NUFC fans in the safe standing bit next to the away fans tonight and the miserable bastards will all sit down and not make a peep.

Hope there's some people in there who refuse to sit. Embarrassing

47 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Drop your car in for an MOT, grab a steak bake, hop skip and a jump to the match, missus still goes shopping in town and you don't get dragged round with her.

Dreamy.

If we did move to the arena site, the whole are would be regenerated. No chance any of that area looks like what it is now.

I’m guessing the redevelopment design will be based on the Man City outcome. 8k if the pl win. 28k if Citeh win. The history of the stadium is not lost on the owners.  And permanently skint Newcastle city council will be benefactors of a huge financial windfall when they sell the site to PIF. 

Edited by RS

I would imagine the new build price would include ripping down st james and turning it into parkland if the did decide to go for the greenland option.

Also if they are looking at events then a stadium in the city would have far more draw than something on the outskirts or some retail park.

Will the city counsel ever sell the land to the club? having freehold ownership of the land would certainly be in the club's best interests, would also immediately improve the value of the club. 

I dont think we have a choice now, i think we need a 75k + stadium just to keep in touch with the so called "top six", if football keeps going the ay it is, you dont want those so called "top six" setting the criteria for access to a league or super league, finding ourselves excluded as we only have a 65k stadium and not deemed "large" enough. 

58 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

So some leaks to the media this week

Club announcement next week?

According to the article the feasibility study ain't even complete.

53 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Whatever they decide to go with; all I ask is that it exceeds my wildest hopes, dreams and expectations. 

We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries and also plays in the single greatest stadium ever constructed. 

1 hour ago, HayDen Traces said:

If you're spending a billion on "revamping" the current ground. Surely makes sense to spend more and start fresh.

Turn St James as is into a fan walkway that we walk across to the new stadium as a memorial. 

Let’s say a new build is £2bn, and has a minimum capacity of 70k. It is essentially the same price per seat, but you’d get a much better more modern stadium with a new build.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Let’s say a new build is £2am, and has a minimum capacity of 70k. It is essentially the same price per seat, but you’d get a much better more modern stadium with a new build.

I'd be very surprised if we dont go for the brand new option now.

Some context here and an indication of the ambitious nature of the plans if Edwards figures are correct.

Bernabeu redevelopment cost 1 billion which would suggest a full stadium upgrade including the Milburn and Leazes.

Spurs new stadium cost 1 billion with London prices and think Everton’s new build has escalated to circa 750 million.

If 2 to 3 billion is being quoted for a new stadium, I think where talking Sofi/Mercedes Benz stadium level and something which would trump anything in this country by some way.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some context here and an indication of the ambitious nature of the plans if Edwards figures are correct.

Bernabeu redevelopment cost 1 billion which would suggest a full stadium upgrade including the Milburn and Leazes.

Spurs new stadium cost 1 billion with London prices and think Everton’s new build has escalated to circa 750 million.

If 2 to 3 billion is being quoted for a new stadium, I think where talking Sofi/Mercedes Benz stadium level and something which would trump anything in this country by some way.

It certainly would be interesting to see some artist impressions of a st james redevelopment. I bet it would be unrecognisable (inside and out) from what we know now.