St James' Park

Delima

I hate the quote "We're rebranding the stadium". It wasn't branded in the first place.. Its name is St James Park and thats what it always will be regardless of how they try to "brand" it. Fuming that I actually just recently gave this dickhead money for a ST. How one is blinded by money.. (or saving money should I say)

“We are not disrespecting the history or heritage or the fans. We are doing this to keep ticket prices down - we have already had two popular offers for season tickets, the 10 year deals and the recent deal for the rest of the season.”

Your fault tbh.

Incredible. So fucking sly.

Guest johnson293

Well, I'm off to bed... Sons 8th Birthday tomorrow, so I'll be (trying to) forget all about this for a day.

Hope you've bought him some sports merchandise at low low prices.

New away strip... but got it at JJB.  :snod:

Guest magpie99

I actually heard from a very good source that there are more changes to come:

Next season, we will be playing in red and white stripe tops and blue shorts

We are changing the club name to Ashley Rovers

We will be offering half priced season tickets to Sunderland fans

Niall Quinn is going to appointed our new Director of Operations

Mike Ashley wants to rename the Tyne, Sports Direct River

Guest bimpy474

Might be blind hope but if this commercial interest doesn't materialise, could you see them changing it back? They can claim they listened to the fans and learnt from their mistakes etc. Maybe around season ticket renewal time.

Absolutely not. That's one of my biggest problems with this; it'll never go back now, same with the signs up everywhere.

And the only thing that pisses me off too

However

Bottom line is we have a very good system now in place at the club, particularly in player recruitment. If this money is channelled in the right way added to the extra revenue success brings we really could see ourselves as major players in the league again and not just half a season wonders

I understand the history, I really do, but at the end of the day it's about how competitive we are on the pitch!

What would you take

SJP name and finish 8-14 every year

Different name top 6 most years

I'm not saying it will be the defining feature, but it will definately help!

We are not getting any f***ing money. How difficult is this to understand?

And what if he does sell the naming rights on to someone else, what then ?

It's been two years already. Where are these big wigs with their bags of cash?

FFS, sorry frustrating but i've said this twice already, we weren't sitting 3rd in the league getting this much coverage, he is exploiting our good start for all its worth.

Forgot these business owners are fucking thick and don't know what a stadium sponsorship is.

Not what i meant mate, where more attractive right now than sitting bottom, more coverage on overseas TV sitting 3rd, i bet whoever (if) does buy the naming rights are a company selling to China, Asia etc, thats where the money is now.

Pretty sure this has been debunked recently.

I mean advertising really, if the stadium is named after say "Barclays" the name Barclays gets seen by millions overseas, tbh that can be only attraction surely, why else plunge money in like that.

Our football is the most watched in the world and companies will love that especially if your doing well.

Well, I'm off to bed... Sons 8th Birthday tomorrow, so I'll be (trying to) forget all about this for a day.

He owns a large percentage of that too.

I really believe they have a deal lined up.

Naming the stadium 'sports direct area' will take away the animosity towards any new brand coming in and renaming the stadium out of the blue. Hence the strange the decision of putting up the 'Sportdirect.com @St.James Park' signs a week before they rename the stadium all together. Think about it.

Guest johnson293

DOH!  :fool:

The timing is for the new fair play rules, 2014 i think they come in, my guess thats what its for anyway, just my opinion.

I doubt that selling the name of the ground, if it happens, will not make any difference to our league position because the money generated will not see us going above teams like Chelsea, either Manchester club and a few others.

Guest bimpy474

Really, i would have thought Dve Whelan wouldn't have sold to him, or is that why Whelan hates him, hostile takeover and all that.

Guest Geordiesned

Brian McNally:

Now officially confirmed that the men who run #NUFC say St.James' Park is no more.They insist it is now The Sports Direct Arena. Obscene!

I hate the quote "We're rebranding the stadium". It wasn't branded in the first place.. Its name is St James Park and thats what it always will be regardless of how they try to "brand" it. Fuming that I actually just recently gave this dickhead money for a ST. How one is blinded by money.. (or saving money should I say)

“We are not disrespecting the history or heritage or the fans. We are doing this to keep ticket prices down - we have already had two popular offers for season tickets, the 10 year deals and the recent deal for the rest of the season.”

Your fault tbh.

Hardly.. but had I known about this I wouldn't of bought one believe me.

I actually find this laughable that they think people believe this showcase nonsense. Asif companies will be more attracted to it now that its called the SDA. Chelsea are renaming their stadium and I have no doubt that they will have no difficulty in doing so without renaming it the Millhouse Capital Arena etc. Hes getting free advertising for his brand and not giving a single fuck what fans think. As he has from day one.

Guest bimpy474

The timing is for the new fair play rules, 2014 i think they come in, my guess thats what its for anyway, just my opinion.

I doubtthat selling the name of the ground, if it happens, will not make any difference to our league position because the money generated will not see us going above teams like Chelsea, either Manchester club and a few others.

Its not about league positions, as i see them the fair play rules mean an owner cant just plunge money in, the club has to generate its own turnover, the more money brought in by advertising, sponsors, etc the better, you have to cover wages, overheads with a percentage of your turnover or you get banned from Europe competitions, i think its how it already works in Germany to an extent.