St James' Park

Delima

Guest Roger Kint

This will be fuelled by the Olympics he will be looking for an Olympic sponsor to take on the naming rights short term

Its not allowed is it? Ricoh has to be changed to 'City of Coventry Stadium' during them

This will be fuelled by the Olympics he will be looking for an Olympic sponsor to take on the naming rights short term

Its not allowed is it? Ricoh has to be changed to 'City of Coventry Stadium' during them

Is Ricoh an Olympic partner or sponsor ?

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

Llambias said it will bring in an extra 8-10m.

I said 'how'. :thup:

With the extra revenue from SportsDirect.

Are you stupid? Sports Direct contributes nothing to the NUFC.

Are you stupid? Its clearly contributing to the expenses column in the accounts.......;D

Prove it.

2010 accounts suggest NUFC receive nothing for promotional services provided for another of Ashley's companies.

Guest bimpy474

Sports Marketing Expert was on SSN, he reckons this is the start of most clubs doing this as a way to generate funds because of the Fair Play Rules, he thinks its just the start of fans anger, with other clubs to follow suit, going to be a couple of years of this.

Guest sydneycove

I'm really struggling to understand all this. Can someone please explain to me how changing the name to Sports Direct Arena will get us more money? In theory, at least.

Are you stupid? Its clearly contributing to the expenses column in the accounts.......;D

Prove it.

2010 accounts suggest NUFC receive nothing for promotional services provided for another of Ashley's companies.

Prove to me that Stadium Sponsorship hasn't become a major income stream for sports teams in codes all around the world then.

Guest Roger Kint

Prove it.

I refuse to prove something i am not saying thanks. Can you google 'expenses' for me and let me know what the fuck you are dribbling about?

Llambias is really bad at interviews.  In his position, he should be able to make a decent job of "selliing" the idea to the public.  No wonder, we struggle to attract sponsors if he is the one selling the "brand".

He says at one point they have to raise the extra revenue to keep the cost affordable for supporters.  He then said it was to buy a new player because the fans are always demanding new players.  He then said it was to make the club financially sustainable.

He also said that retail brings in "nothing".  I always thought we did quite well on the merchandiing side of things.

You would think he would have thought through carefully what to say but instead it sounded like he was making it up as he went along.

Guest Roger Kint

How should i know, hence the question at the start.

Prove it.

Prove to me that Stadium Sponsorship hasn't become a major income stream for sports teams in codes all around the world then.

Yes, it's an income stream for everyone except us because most of them actually sell the rights.  And from what Derek is saying, we're going to lose shirt sponsorship income next year, as we're only willing to sell the shirt and stadium rights as a package so unless we do it'll be replaced with a 'placeholder' of Sports Direct.  Kind of like how Barca gave their shirt away for free, but for the sake of starving children instead of trackie bottoms.

Guest bimpy474

"The venue will be temporarily re-named the City of Coventry Stadium for the London 2012 Olympic Games and all other branding will be removed at Games time. The Stadium replaces Villa Park which was ruled out because of planned building development work."

This help lads.

:lol:

Well it seems they are not, they sponsor the ATP World Tour, if they were an Olympic sponsor or partner then there would be no issue with the name of Coventry's ground.

'Cept for the 100m+ put in to cover the debt.

Guest sydneycove

Prove it.

Yes, it's an income stream for everyone except us because most of them actually sell the rights.  And from what Derek is saying, we're going to lose shirt sponsorship income next year, as we're only willing to sell the shirt and stadium rights as a package so unless we do it'll be replaced with a 'placeholder' of Sports Direct.  Kind of like how Barca gave their shirt away for free, but for the sake of starving children instead of trackie bottoms.

And I don't agree with him putting his brand anywhere if he isn't paying for it but he owns the club if he keeps us going the way we are going at the moment, keeps us in black and white stripes and keeps us in Newcastle then i'm not going to allow this to get under my skin.

Apologies in advance for going over old gorund no doubt - but my 2 penneth on this.

(1) I don't really give a shit what the official name is - to all football fans it will be SJP

(2) The club own the land around the gorund do they not? It would be a nice touch for this ground to be called St James Park - heck I'd even taks 'home of the SD Arena' under it

(3) We do actually get money from SD indirectly for all the advertising - its in the form of the money Ashley has put in over the past 2 years (obviously this comment is null and void if the next accounts show that he's taken money out this year after the AC sale)

(4) 'Our next away strip will be blue and red' - One of our best Away shirts I can remember was pretty much Blue and Red so don't see the problem

(5) Would love GE to buy the rights for the naming/sponsorship as i work for them and might get free tickets.

(6) Would people prefer for Ashely to recover his money by doing this or by actually taking cash out of the club?

(7) llambias is still a buffoon

Do you understand the concept of a loan?

Apologies in advance for going over old gorund no doubt - but my 2 penneth on this.

(1) I don't really give a shit what the official name is - to all football fans it will be SJP

(2) The club own the land around the gorund do they not? It would be a nice touch for this ground to be called St James Park - heck I'd even taks 'home of the SD Arena' under it

(3) We do actually get money from SD indirectly for all the advertising - its in the form of the money Ashley has put in over the past 2 years (obviously this comment is null and void if the next accounts show that he's taken money out this year after the AC sale)

(4) 'Our next away strip will be blue and red' - One of our best Away shirts I can remember was pretty much Blue and Red so don't see the problem

(5) Would love GE to buy the rights for the naming/sponsorship as i work for them and might get free tickets.

(6) Would people prefer for Ashely to recover his money by doing this or by actually taking cash out of the club?

(7) llambias is still a buffoon

So does my mum and sister.  :lol:

Didn't know SportDirect was a bank.

Guest Roger Kint

Or the difference between Mike Ashley and Sports Direct for that matter?

Didn't know SportDirect was a bank.

Ashley put the money in, not Sports Direct.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol:

Well it seems they are not, they sponsor the ATP World Tour, if they were an Olympic sponsor or partner then there would be no issue with the name of Coventry's ground.

All i knew was what bimpy said above. Again the question suggested this.