St James' Park

Delima

Like I said more profit means more expendable cash for transfers.

How much profit was made last season? We spent something like 0.8 million net in the summer. Why not spend some of this expendable cash in the summer in the run up to a new season?

We lost £4.something million didn't we?

Operating profit. Very quiet on the number after player trading.

So we're lumping the Carroll money in?

As I said to Mick I think a striker will sign in January and the rest will be spread out over a few more years, did people think we would spend £35 million in one summer?

I'd have taken 35 quid in one summer :lol:

Probably because we haven't made a profit without transfers yet, Mick.

Unless you think Mike Ashley is 'trousering' it all?

Profit is profit, no matter where it comes from and I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley has taken money out of the club.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379842_2387430697723_1609490782_32305157_1886412988_n.jpg

dear me :lol:

It is a pretty shit board like. Could have got a better one from Wilkinsons.

How did you get that from what I said?

We'll sign a striker in January and the rest will be earmarked for spending over the next 2 or 3 summers.

So we don't need £8 million.

Depends if you want to spend more or not.

you're making an enormous assumption there, weak post even for you

More profit for the club means more expendable cash for transfers, no?

£35 million didn't do much of that.

That's right because it was all going to be spent in the Summer! :lol:

We'll sign a striker in January, probably Maiga and then the rest will be spread out over a few more years IMO.

So if we hadn't sold Carroll we would have fuck all to spend?

Pretty much.

are you a geordie?

And a season ticket holder, unlike yourself. O0

More profit for the club means more expendable cash for transfers, no?

£35 million didn't do much of that.

That's right because it was all going to be spent in the Summer! :lol:

We'll sign a striker in January, probably Maiga and then the rest will be spread out over a few more years IMO.

So if we hadn't sold Carroll we would have fuck all to spend?

Pretty much.

are you a geordie?

And a season ticket holder, unlike yourself. O0

shocking then tbh.

As I said to Mick I think a striker will sign in January and the rest will be spread out over a few more years, did people think we would spend £35 million in one summer?

Llambias is claiming that we need sponsorship to buy players, we dont. You've said yourself that we'll still be spending the Carroll money over the next couple of seasons.

We'll sign a striker in January and the rest will be earmarked for spending over the next 2 or 3 summers.

It doesn't in the Ashley philosophy like :lol:

Doesn't it?

On that philosophy, we'd have spent a canny bit in the Summer (I don't think we were operating with losses of £39m or whatever it was we made).

I don't remember us making that much, unless we're not including what I presume are decent signing on fees to Ba and Marveaux, they also failed to get another striker they wanted that's now apparently set up for January.

Like I said the money for Carroll will be used over a few years, not just one summer.

Doesn't it?

On that philosophy, we'd have spent a canny bit in the Summer (I don't think we were operating with losses of £39m or whatever it was we made).

I don't remember us making that much, unless we're not including what I presume are decent signing on fees to Ba and Marveaux, they also failed to get another striker they wanted that's now apparently set up for January.

Like I said the money for Carroll will be used over a few years, not just one summer.

are you using a magic 8 ball to tell us this? the wum spin is in over drive

Doesn't it?

the wum spin is in over drive

It was in a statement announced a few weeks back.

We didn't lose £4 million in the same financial year as we sold Carroll because Llambias was bragging that we were almost breaking even before the sale.

Llambias is claiming that we need sponsorship to buy players, we dont. You've said yourself that we'll still be spending the Carroll money over the next couple of seasons.

Think you're reading too much into words there, Mick.

He also included a striker in January in that but that doesn't mean we're going to spend money in advance of getting it, he's talking about building for the future and if we want to continue improving and keeping our better players we're going to have to bring in more money.

Doesn't it?

are you using a magic 8 ball to tell us this? the wum spin is in over drive

It's my opinion, what's yours?

That Ashley is 'trousering' the money? Despite the accounts showing he hasn't ever taken money out?