St James' Park

Delima

Pryde's a f***ing tit.  'This is the email from the boss.... blah blah.... it is strictly internal and not for broadcast'

Ando:  'So why are you broadcasting it?'

Who is Simon Pryde?

Anchor of BBC Total Sport.

Good on him tbh.

His boss deserves to be dropped in it.

Guest Roger Kint

Personally, I'd rather support an unsuccessful side with a soul than a successful team whose identity belongs to the highest bidder.

Although i hardly see this situation making us particularly successful I totally agree with the sentiment

Personally, I'd rather support an unsuccessful side with a soul than a successful team whose identity belongs to the highest bidder.

Same here.

I dislike this. Shit decision. Wrong timing, wrong name, wrong company. Can not see ANY benefits with it.

I just canceled my nufcTV account like someone else here did, and when asked for reason for it,  i left them a message with my opinion of this.

(Like they care :lol: )

there should a poll on what ashley's biggest fuck up has been.

i fucking hope this nonsense doesn't affect the team. i swear, seen he came except the first season, around this time of year there has been a monumental fuck up. wonder what 2012 will bring

:horse:

I am saddened by the news but I don't feel that my support for the club or match day experience will change. It's a p*ss take but I was more annoyed when we sold Andy Carroll. That directly affected us a football team. This is a commercial venture that is hoped to provide a lucrative (real) sponsorship deal. It will only affect our progress on the field if the bed sheet brigade start dusting off the "Cockney Mafia out" banners and bring back the depressing atmosphere that was all too evident in 08/09.

It would be heartbreaking if the upcoming home games before Christmas are dominated by protests. We've had a great start to the season, let's not take our eye off the ball. This could still be a very good season for NUFC and personally I'm not going to let our great start be tainted by this latest saga.

Players come and go, I've been going to St James' for the last 40 odd years and expected to be going for the rest of my life.

there should a poll on what ashley's biggest fuck up has been.

i fucking hope this nonsense doesn't affect the team. i swear, seen he came except the first season, around this time of year there has been a monumental fuck up. wonder what 2012 will bring

i think polls are only allowed 20 options tho?

there should a poll on what ashley's biggest f*** up has been.

i f***ing hope this nonsense doesn't affect the team. i swear, seen he came except the first season, around this time of year there has been a monumental f*** up. wonder what 2012 will bring

Apparently it's going to be the end of the world, so perhaps ashley is someway involved in that

I like the cut of your jib :)

What's a jib?

A jib is a triangular staysail set ahead of the foremast of a sailing vessel. Its tack is fixed to the bowsprit, to the bow, or to the deck between the bowsprit and the foremost mast. Jibs and spinnakers are the two main types of headsails on a modern boat.

or

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cut+of+your+jib

:horse:

I am saddened by the news but I don't feel that my support for the club or match day experience will change. It's a p*ss take but I was more annoyed when we sold Andy Carroll. That directly affected us a football team. This is a commercial venture that is hoped to provide a lucrative (real) sponsorship deal. It will only affect our progress on the field if the bed sheet brigade start dusting off the "Cockney Mafia out" banners and bring back the depressing atmosphere that was all too evident in 08/09.

It would be heartbreaking if the upcoming home games before Christmas are dominated by protests. We've had a great start to the season, let's not take our eye off the ball. This could still be a very good season for NUFC and personally I'm not going to let our great start be tainted by this latest saga.

Players come and go, I've been going to St James' for the last 40 odd years and expected to be going for the rest of my life.

For me - i think we should just be pro-St James' Park as opposed to anti-Ashley. It puts a positive spin on a negative situation and still gets our point across.

They call it St James';

It's the best in the land.

With the Gallowgate End,

and the two massive stands.

It has been forever,

and so it'll remain,

the best football ground in the game!

Mick man, you still will. Same place, same mates, same football team.

I understand the reactions and as I said above, I do think it's sad. It's just personally it won't affect my match day, my support for the club or my hope that just maybe we might have the crux of a half decent team that can make significant progress this season.

Renaming of the team next year to Sports Direct FC

Yep and we'll have red and blue shirts and run out to sports direct jingles and...oh please stop it!

Otter, would your reaction be different if they'd changed the name when we were languishing near the relegation zone? From the sounds of it, if things are going well, no matter what happens, we're not allowed to protest or voice our displeasure about the way the club is run (or its history sold to the highest bidder) as long as we're in 3rd place? Not personally attacking you, I just think this is precisely the reason they chose this time period to announce this, thinking "well we're doin' well, innit, Guv, let's change the name now."

Also, since I haven't had a chance to vent about this yet: Fat C--T does it again. Thanks for taking a humungous dump on the recent amount of goodwill about the place.

I understand the reactions and as I said above, I do think it's sad. It's just personally it won't affect my match day, my support for the club or my hope that just maybe we might have the crux of a half decent team that can make significant progress this season.

What's next, though? If he keeps taking things bit by bit then maybe no one will kick up too much of a fuss. At what point do we just say, "fuck off, you're not doing this"?

Otter, would your reaction be different if they'd changed the name when we were languishing near the relegation zone? From the sounds of it, if things are going well, no matter what happens, we're not allowed to protest or voice our displeasure about the way the club is run (or its history sold to the highest bidder) as long as we're in 3rd place? Not personally attacking you, I just think this is precisely the reason they chose this time period to announce this, thinking "well we're doin' well, innit, Guv, let's change the name now."

Also, since I haven't had a chance to vent about this yet: Fat C--T does it again. Thanks for taking a humungous dump on the recent amount of goodwill about the place.

My reaction would have been similar. Irritated but not lighting my burning spear. I wouldn't dispute though that they've been crafty in their timing.

You mentioned the possibility of the atmosphere changing for the worst, only two people are to blame for that if it does happen and they aren't fans.