St James' Park

Delima

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6057/406971472.jpg

How people can believe this is anything other than just taking the p*ss is beyond me.

That image makes it hit home...

I thought everyone was being a bit OTT but that is shocking!

I actually don't think it looks too bad seeing it completed, BUT, the principle of it is what gets to me (and the fact that we aren't receiving any money for his advertising).

i thought quaysides posts would have driven this out of town by now

Apparently not....

I actually don't think it looks too bad seeing it completed, BUT, the principle of it is what gets to me (and the fact that we aren't receiving any money for his advertising).

Apparently not....

staggering really

Which posts were these?

Which posts were these?

the ones about not receiving any money for the advertising being a fucking shit argument against them

Which posts were these?

the ones about not receiving any money for the advertising being a fucking shit argument against them

How on earth is it shit? The whole point of advertising is that you receive money for it.

Which posts were these?

How on earth is it shit? The whole point of advertising is that you receive money for it.

But Ashley puts his money in the club, so he should be able to use St James' to advertise his other companies.

Well the sensible thing to do would at least make it look like the club feels a financial benefit from covering the stadium in fucking crap. But then again I firmly believe it's been done just to be a cunt, and therefore it works not to.

Well the sensible thing to do would at least make it look like the club feels a financial benefit from covering the stadium in fucking crap. But then again I firmly believe it's been done just to be a cunt, and therefore it works not to.

you honestly, honestly believe that? :lol:

i don't disagree that the sensible thing to do would be to sell the spots and bring more money into the club but i also fully agree with what quayside says, fat fred sold our advertising like a motherfucker, he also made millions from the club and left it in a financial shambles

it doesn't, but i can't put it any better than how quayside said it i'm afraid

Well that's the answer for everything then. He doesn't charge his own company interest, so anything goes and nobody can be displeased at anything. And even if they are, Shepherd was worse.

Happy days. :lol:

Well that's the answer for everything then. He doesn't charge his own company interest, so anything goes and nobody can be displeased at anything. And even if they are, Shepherd was worse.

Dave man, get out of here with your logic and stuff  :dave:

Of course it's not the answer for everything and of course anyone can be p*ssed off about the SD crap everywhere (I don't like it either).

But the point is that not getting SD to pay anything for it is irrelevant. He could easily do what Randy Lerner does and charge the club 6% per annum on his loans, over the past 4 years that would have been about £30 million that would have left the club coffers. He hasn't done that and he hasn't got SD to pay for the advertising. So it's not worth getting in a state about the money side of the advertising.

For the record I never said it was the sole reason I don't like it, or even a big reason why. Generating funds for the club (either from SD themselves or from selling more than 10% of the available advertising space to third parties) would make it ever so slightly understandable, that's all.