St James' Park

Delima

Guest elbee909

It looks naff but I'm not going to wet my pants over it.

Yeah, the colour could run if you did that. And you wouldn't want Shorts Dye Wrecked (.com)

it does look fucking shite like.  People saying that they watch what happens on the pitch anyway, imagine a stoppage in play, you look up and this is fucking staring you in the face.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4830/img2011092400165.jpg

Before you know it you'll be off to buy some stained 'No Fear' boxer shorts and a 30 pack of Donnay t-shirts that are wider than they are long.

Thought it looked ok from the gallowgate. Kind of thing that gets forgotten if you are winning

this is the only comment i can find that comes close to "it's ok if we're winning" and it doesn't even say that :lol:

what're people on about man?

Did you not notice these?

Really didnt bother me when I walked out. I care what happens on the pitch, fuck it.

Who cares, no different to some charva on the TV showing us up; another 3 points today is all I care about!

Said to my mates the day, 4th in the league and controlling games like we did today, he can stick up as many as he likes, i couldnt give a fuck.  Were still NUFC.

Why did the old sign have to come down? Surely they could have just put the Sports Direct logos on the side of the old sign?

They would have looked at numerous shots of the sign and deduced that doing that would mean cuntsdirect would be cropped off more times than not. So they've squeezed it all together. :(

Hmm yes, I suppose.

It looks shite, and tacky especially compared to the old signage. Not enough people care.

Thought it looked ok from the gallowgate. Kind of thing that gets forgotten if you are winning

this is the only comment i can find that comes close to "it's ok if we're winning" and it doesn't even say that :lol:

Really didnt bother me when I walked out. I care what happens on the pitch, fuck it.

Who cares, no different to some charva on the TV showing us up; another 3 points today is all I care about!

Said to my mates the day, 4th in the league and controlling games like we did today, he can stick up as many as he likes, i couldnt give a fuck.  Were still NUFC.

:lol:

:okay:

Really didnt bother me when I walked out. I care what happens on the pitch, f*** it.

Said to my mates the day, 4th in the league and controlling games like we did today, he can stick up as many as he likes, i couldnt give a f***.  Were still NUFC.

What is the point in getting your knickers in a twist about it for though? Seriously, what good will it do? You cant do anything about it, its going to be there until he goes, so why keep moaning on about it? All you will do is stress yourself out and ultimatley have a heart attack and die.

Im not going to cry over it. Its there, it aint going away, get over it.

How long before Ashley is selling his shite in the concourse? Wouldn't be suprised if he hadn't already thought of it.

Sports direct on the plastic glasses you get your pints in? How about Sports Direct T.V on the screens in the concourse?

Shame the price of a pint isn't as cheap, £3.70 was it? Christ i could buy a Sports direct Sunderland shirt for that price, only if i ran out of bog paper though and even then i'd probably prefer to use my hand.

No one would complain if it was a prestigious brand, it's the fact that's it's his brand and it's shit that gets most people imo. The strength of English football is driven by the sky business model and the willingness of sponsors to support it with lucrative advertising deals. It's part and parcel of the game and am sure if it was Adidas branding it wouldn't even be an issue. To be completely plastered with a brand that has no prestige, no personality, no values other than those it shares with poundland AND we don't get any money for it makes the whole thing unacceptable.

No one would complain if it was a prestigious brand, it's the fact that's it's his brand and it's s*** that gets most people imo. The strength of English football is driven by the sky business model and the willingness of sponsors to support it with lucrative advertising deals. It's part and parcel of the game and am sure if it was Adidas branding it wouldn't even be an issue. To be completely plastered with a brand that has no prestige, no personality, no values other than those it shares with poundland AND we don't get any money for it makes the whole thing unacceptable.

Agreed.  :thup:

It's like...massively too far. It's turned a classy building into a cheap second-hand car forecourt.

I remember spitting my dummy when the huge sign was painted on the roof. Got slated.

Can't help wondering if they have updated SJP stadium for FIFA12? Expect more dummies to be spat out at that point.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6057/406971472.jpg

How people can believe this is anything other than just taking the p*ss is beyond me.

fuck me, that just looks totally ridiculous....pleased i cant see any of them from my set in the se corner

If anyone buys the club he could organise a charity ritual burning of those tacky, plastic letters.

What happened to the original "NEWCASTLE UNITED" letters?  I hope they didn't get binned.  Would hope that some future owner will put them back up.

I don't mind the font/letters itself, it's the shit surrounding it that's the problem.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6057/406971472.jpg

How people can believe this is anything other than just taking the p*ss is beyond me.

Looks even more fucking horrendous altogether like that :facepalm:

No one would complain if it was a prestigious brand, it's the fact that's it's his brand and it's shit that gets most people imo. The strength of English football is driven by the sky business model and the willingness of sponsors to support it with lucrative advertising deals. It's part and parcel of the game and am sure if it was Adidas branding it wouldn't even be an issue. To be completely plastered with a brand that has no prestige, no personality, no values other than those it shares with poundland AND we don't get any money for it makes the whole thing unacceptable.

Spot on.

Spot on.

And the fact you can still see where the old letters were. That for me just emphasises what a cheapskate cunt Ashley is.

No one would complain if it was a prestigious brand, it's the fact that's it's his brand and it's s*** that gets most people imo. The strength of English football is driven by the sky business model and the willingness of sponsors to support it with lucrative advertising deals. It's part and parcel of the game and am sure if it was Adidas branding it wouldn't even be an issue. To be completely plastered with a brand that has no prestige, no personality, no values other than those it shares with poundland AND we don't get any money for it makes the whole thing unacceptable.

Spot on.

And the fact you can still see where the old letters were. That for me just emphasises what a cheapskate c*** Ashley is.

:sadnod: