St James' Park

Delima

Hope Sportsdirect get some abuse today. Especially with Ashley being there.

prefer it if we shaft blackburn off the pitch and no-one gave it a second thought myself like

You prefer we win? Really? Obviously agree with that, just don't think we should let it go unnoticed.

ah, again it's not like they've torn apart some special bit of heritage man

if it'd have said northern rock no-one would really give a fuck, looks pretty tacky aye i suppose but that's our glorious owner for you

just doesn't offend me enough to get excited

Ive noticed he has put signs down in between the home and away fans. Seriously, its absolutely everywhere and looks horrible. Why change the Newcastle United sign to that shite italic version? He could have just put sportsdirect.com either side of that, but I guess it was too big :rolleyes:

Looks fucking wank, and to add insult to injury it's smaller than the old sign (as well as being no bigger than the SD signs either side). The letters are plastic (or look it anyway), thinner than before and shiny cheap-looking crap.

I had a better look around today and basically 80%+ of the advertising around the stadium is now for Sports Direct; there are runs of boards all over the place, everywhere you look. And we're not getting a penny for any of it, all while they're moaning about the club having to generate enough of its own income to (not) buy players. Disgusting tbh.

Looks fucking wank, and to add insult to injury it's smaller than the old sign (as well as being no bigger than the SD signs either side). The letters are plastic (or look it anyway), thinner than before and shiny cheap-looking crap.

I had a better look around today and basically 80%+ of the advertising around the stadium is now for Sports Direct; there are runs of boards all over the place, everywhere you look. And we're not getting a penny for any of it, all while they're moaning about the club having to generate enough of its own income to (not) buy players. Disgusting tbh.

Thing is though Dave, whilst i agree with you about how it looks, were in a better position now then we have been for a good few years and TBF he could paint the seats red and white and there is fuck all we could do about it.  Between him and FS in todays economy im with MA all day long.

I know full well we can't do anything about it, doesn't mean I have to like it. And it's a bit strange to say you only care about what happens on the pitch and then go on about how great the finances are.

By better position i actually meant in the league, should have made that clear.  The finances for me are too complicated, im not into that kinda thing, i just meant id rather have the backing of a billionaire the FS in this economy.

Thing is though Dave, whilst i agree with you about how it looks, were in a better position now then we have been for a good few years and TBF he could paint the seats red and white and there is fuck all we could do about it.  Between him and FS in todays economy im with MA all day long.

:clap:

Looks f*cking awful. From my seat in the Leazes Corner it's always in the corner of my eye as well as the huge one on the Gallowgate. Hate how it is on the electronic boards when the players come out on the pitch as well  :huff:

Looks f*cking awful. From my seat in the Leazes Corner it's always in the corner of my eye as well as the huge one on the Gallowgate. Hate how it is on the electronic boards when the players come out on the pitch as well  :huff:

Thought the boards were extremely bright today. Didnt like them at all.

I don't understand the 'We won so it's ok' attitude. You're allowed to have some pride in your club without letting it affect your feelings about the result on any particular day. The team winning does not give the owner free reign to act the cunt. I think it's absolutely vile and long for the day it's torn down.