St James' Park

Delima

15 minutes ago, east stander said:

It was on Saturday. It doesn't actually block getting in but will cause issues with all those who come up "Death Alley" This will be my 42nd year using that turnstile and my pre match superstitions of only using that one aren't going to be changed!

What’s your superstition based on ?

For 41 years you’ve gone through that turnstile and we’ve won games, lost games, drawn games, been relegated and added precisely nowt to our trophy cabinet

Be interested to know what you think might happen if you use a different one 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, OCK said:

Found the reason we've won nowt in 42 years.

That's what my mates keep telling me too. My pre match rituals are bonkers. On a match day, I've got to face north in the bedroom and kiss the badge 3 times before putting Nufc polo shirt/ sweatshirt on. Have to walk all the way around the ground before going in (that was interesting pre new Leazes stand especiall on Derby days) Must tap SBR's foot on the ball of the statue (I've seen others do that too, in my defence) And I'm 65 FFS!!

16 minutes ago, east stander said:

It was on Saturday. It doesn't actually block getting in but will cause issues with all those who come up "Death Alley" This will be my 42nd year using that turnstile and my pre match superstitions of only using that one aren't going to be changed!

This is the most East Stand post ever written.

Just now, east stander said:

That's what my mates keep telling me too. My pre match rituals are bonkers. On a match day, I've got to face north in the bedroom and kiss the badge 3 times before putting Nufc polo shirt/ sweatshirt on. Have to walk all the way around the ground before going in (that was interesting pre new Leazes stand especiall on Derby days) Must tap SBR's foot on the ball of the statue (I've seen others do that too, in my defence) And I'm 65 FFS!!

Anna Kendrick No GIF by The Lonely Island

1 minute ago, east stander said:

You seem like a nice person. Have you considered maybe... seeking help. 

18 minutes ago, east stander said:

If you change turnstile we might win something. :lol:

4 minutes ago, east stander said:

I’ve been in the East Stand once in my entire life - John Anderson’s testimonial.  Had STs in the Leazes and Milburn, always liked going into the Gallowgate. This also applies to pretty much every else I used to go to matches with - the East Stand is a place all of its own :)

(And we did win vs Ando’s XI)

23 minutes ago, east stander said:

God help us if you have to use a different turnstile after the 42 years of sustained success we've experienced...[emoji38]

(I'll feel very bad if you have to use another one and choke to death on a chicken Balti pie at half time)

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve been in the East Stand once in my entire life - John Anderson’s testimonial.  Had STs in the Leazes and Milburn, always liked going into the Gallowgate. This also applies to pretty much every else I used to go to matches with - the East Stand is a place all of its own :)

(And we did win vs Ando’s XI)

I was a sort of mascot that day at the tender age of 6, i had won not one but 2 junior magpies competitions and got to present Gavin Peacock with his player of the year trophy before the game.

Highlight of the night was walking in a corridor under the milburn and the double doors opening in front of me and my dad about 10 meters away with Keegan striding through them.

Was a lovely bloke and stopped for a photo and made my day/life

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

God help us if you have to use a different turnstile after the 42 years of sustained success we've experienced...[emoji38]

(I'll feel very bad if you have to use another one and choke to death on a chicken Balti pie at half time)

He will be fucked if our new stadium is twice the footprint, have to set off an few hours earlier for each game

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At the Sela Cup a guy stopped me and made me wait in a queue even though the next turnstile was empty. Literally stood guarding an empty turnstile while about 60 people queued for the one beside it. He was checking everyone's turnstile number. 

Assume they won't have time to do that for league games though. 

It will be like Mufasa falling into the stampede on Saturday if he tries that [emoji38]

All these comments are fully deserved.  I know it is totally crazy, I'm not superstitous about anything else either. The wife got a flavour of what she was going to suffer on our wedding day in 1985. My best man produced a ghetto blaster at the end of his speech and said there was a message from some people who could not be there. I thought it was from a aunt living a long way away. He plays it and it is a good luck message from Glenn Roeder, Peter Beardsley and my favourite Davie Mac that he'd somehow organised. My bottom lip went and my wife couldn't believe it on her day! Still together surprisingly anarl.

Edited by east stander

1 minute ago, east stander said:

All these comments are fully deserved.  I know it is totally crazy, I'm not superstitous about anything else either. The wife got a flavour of what she was going to suffer on our wedding day in 1985. My best man produced a ghetto blaster at the end of his speech and said there was a message from some people who could be there. I thought it was from a aunt living a long way away. He plays it and it is a good luck message from Glenn Roeder, Peter Beardsley and my favourite Davie Mac that he'd somehow organised. My bottom lip went and my wife couldn't believe it on her day! Still together surprisingly anarl.

All in good jest, I think we're all jealous you've had a season ticket for 42 years. 

If there's proposals beyond St James', I'd have thought there'd already be some hints of that due to any transfers of landownership required? Could be a gentlemen's agreement with the Freeman or any other land owner, but would be surprised if they announced a scheme with no guarantee of available land.

I'd say a post 2028 major re-working of St James' is most likely.

7 minutes ago, east stander said:

All these comments are fully deserved.  I know it is totally crazy, I'm not superstitous about anything else either. The wife got a flavour of what she was going to suffer on our wedding day in 1985. My best man produced a ghetto blaster at the end of his speech and said there was a message from some people who could not be there. I thought it was from a aunt living a long way away. He plays it and it is a good luck message from Glenn Roeder, Peter Beardsley and my favourite Davie Mac that he'd somehow organised. My bottom lip went and my wife couldn't believe it on her day! Still together surprisingly anarl.

Would be interested to know your thoughts on the stadium redevelopment / move issue, as you’re the exact demographic we all have preconceived ideas about.

13 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

If there's proposals beyond St James', I'd have thought there'd already be some hints of that due to any transfers of landownership required? Could be a gentlemen's agreement with the Freeman or any other land owner, but would be surprised if they announced a scheme with no guarantee of available land.

I'd say a post 2028 major re-working of St James' is most likely.

Disagree, no point in having a relatively minor extension at a extreme cost (the logistics of expanding the gallowgate will be a challenge with the metro system, never mind any talk of the East Stand), season ticket holders will be unable to attend and there will be a significant loss of revenue (we're already pushed to the limit on PSR). It's a no brainer to move and I'm sure our owners will want a new stadium to totally maximise our revenue and commercial deals. 

As for hints that was given the other day. 

Edited by et tu brute

Assuming that line about only writing the cheque once was intentional, that makes it clear that whatever they end up doing stadium-wise is going to be the absolute maximum they are willing to stretch to.

If your ambition is to have a world-class stadium, an extra 5k on the Gallowgate and some extra corporate suites isn't going to do it. 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Would be interested to know your thoughts on the stadium redevelopment / move issue, as you’re the exact demographic we all have preconceived ideas about.

Great question Stev. Selfishly I want SJP to be redeveloped as I’m so lucky to have a seat on the halfway line. However, in the future I could easily envisage the centre or even more of the East Stand seats being taken over for a Wings style corporate area, even with the lack of space behind the stand. They’ve just introduced a tie in with a restaurant in the town haven’t they where you get decent seats but have to walk from the restaurant. But something has to be done to at least increase the chances of young uns etc starting off like I did. I got my season ticket after the KK 1984 promotion as it was becoming a chore queuing up at the old ticket office for hours to get in just for league games. But SJP being in the city centre is so unique and important for the city itself. I’m pleased it’s not my decision.

What is stopping SJP being redeveloped to allow it to host other events? We have concerts now and again at the ground, I'm wondering what extra we supposedly need to continue hosting them?

Edited by timnufc22

9 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

What is stopping SJP being redeveloped to allow it to host other events? We have concerts now and again at the ground, I'm wondering what extra we supposedly need to continue hosting them?

Quite a bit for access to sets and equipment for singers/bands who have big stages and sets. Access currently is just not big enough. It's ok for the likes of Sheeran or Fender, but the sets for the likes of Rihanna and Taylor Swift are far bigger