Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

NE5's gone over to Toontastic now, hoping for more favourable results.

Ne5 isn't registered on toontastic Dave, just here and howaythetoon.

Shame people still think we are better off losing at home to Birmingham than winning in the Nou Camp though.

Are you implying that we'd not have lost 5-1 against Birmingham had Bellamy been in the team then? :lol:

Exactly. Just like Liverpool wouldn't have been bum-raped by Arsenal reserves in the Carling Cup if Bellamy had played.

What?

He did?

Oh.

he's right you know,had bellamy stayed we'd be in the nou camp tonight,we weren't going backwards even when nhe was here.

my twopenneth,gary speed leaving was more detrimental than bellamy leaving.

Bobby Robson not being properly replaced done us in.

Sacked by a clueless chairman and replaced by a clueless manager - FACT.

Shame people still think we are better off losing at home to Birmingham than winning in the Nou Camp though.

Are you implying that we'd not have lost 5-1 against Birmingham had Bellamy been in the team then? :lol:

Exactly. Just like Liverpool wouldn't have been bum-raped by Arsenal reserves in the Carling Cup if Bellamy had played.

What?

He did?

Oh.

he's right you know,had bellamy stayed we'd be in the nou camp tonight,we weren't going backwards even when nhe was here.

my twopenneth,gary speed leaving was more detrimental than bellamy leaving.

wow

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said fuck off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I.

I'm not sure if your memory is playing tricks on you but how was Souness saying on TV in a very snarky manner that Bellamy walked out of training with an 'injury' NOT taking the matter any further.

It was clearly not agreed that Souness would protect his dropping of Bellamy by blaming the no-show on injury, as it was quite clear that Bellamy was caught on the hop, failed to think on his feet and back up that lie under pressure. He responded by saying that he was fit to play.

Doing the interview in the first place was possibly foolish, but I'm not sure damning him for telling the truth is entirely fair. Souness baited Bellamy, and Bellamy (as expected) fell for it.

And that was wrong too, no-one has said Souness handled the whole affair well or excuses him of any blame, the fact of the matter is this: Bellamy agreed to end the matter behind closed doors with the Chairman and manager, then went back on that to ridicule them live on TV, he even ignored the pleas of his best mate Kieron Dyer and his agent and lawyer. Freddy Shepherd as Chairman had every right to peddle him for that alone, never mind what went on before, regardless of what Souness wanted or not, a decision I believe to be 100% correct and something I supported 100%, for once the board put the club first and a line was drawn. Now had they drawn a line when Bellamy first acted the bollocks, or Dyer (instead of rewarding said player with a bumper new contract) these problems may well never have surfaced. Or they could have just not appointed Souness, a man we all knew and said would look to get rid of the Bellamys and Roberts. Either way they acted on what was a serious discipline issue and good for them.

Yous lot paint a picture of innocence where poor lickle Cwaigy is concerned, had he kept his mouth shut in the first place he'd still be here. Had he took his substitution at the Valley like a man instead of calling his manager a cunt or whatever it was, he wouldn't have been reprimanded like the little child he is in front of the full squad to piss him off to the extent of feining injury and causing this whole sorry afair. Souness pushed him of course but Bellamy reacted in the wrong manner, every action leads to a reaction and all that and his reaction caused his demise here at Newcastle, not Souness', not NUFC's, his fate was in his own hands.

Telling the truth has nowt to do with it either, he was wrong to speak out full stop. I seem to remember you and others slagging Souness for coming out with "you'll never win anything with a team of Milners", he was speaking the truth was he not? Yes, but he was wrong to say what he did because it undermined the Milners at the club, well Bellamy undermined his manager, Chairman, his team-mates, the club and fans by going live on TV to say his manager and Chairman were liars.

Being accused of feining injury is a serious accusation, why didn't he take Souness to court, or the club even? Because he didn't have a leg to stand on, instead he pleaded his innocence and said a few things about how much he loves the club and fans, how he couldn't play for another team among accusing his employer and manager of being liars  :lol:

We all know Bellamy is a selfish individual with an attitude problem, if his manager wanted to play him wide right, that's the manager's right and he as a professional should get on with it, even if playing him wide right was an anal decision. You don't hear Nobby, Talyor, Shola or others pissing and moaning, but then they are professionals and respect their manager/the club.

Some of the excuses made for Bellamy are hilarious like  :lol:, he's a grown man and did wrong, he paid for it, end of. Like I said, had he done what he did under SBR or KK, there would have been hell on, the fact that Graeme Souness, despised by many, was in charge negates everything for the blinkered which is sad, judge things on their indiviodual merit.

All through this thread I have said he fucked up, he puts peoples noses out of joint etc etc, there is no argument there.

But you still seem to be oblivious to the actual points being made, especially considering the last few lines of your post (including the rather amusing part where you call other people 'blinkered'). There would not 'have been hell on' under SBR or KK because it would have been unlikely to ever happened under SBR or KK, just as it has not happened under any of his numerous other managers who were often quoted relishing his attitude rather than rubbing against it.

It is impossible to 'judge things on their individual merit' or on the final flourish in a long drawn out and all to predictable charade, simply because it should have never got to that point and it is a great shame that it did. Poor lickle Cwaigy hasn't missed out here, (despite some cretins saying he would never play at the level of Newcastle ever again he has just played a major role in his team beating Barca at the Nou Camp), we have.

I don't see anyone defending Bellamy for Bellamy’s sake, but because his departure hurt the club and the argument all along was simply that the greatest factor in us failing to retain such a valuable asset for pennies was astonishingly bad management, and not Bellamy himself.

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said f*** off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I.

I'm not sure if your memory is playing tricks on you but how was Souness saying on TV in a very snarky manner that Bellamy walked out of training with an 'injury' NOT taking the matter any further.

It was clearly not agreed that Souness would protect his dropping of Bellamy by blaming the no-show on injury, as it was quite clear that Bellamy was caught on the hop, failed to think on his feet and back up that lie under pressure. He responded by saying that he was fit to play.

Doing the interview in the first place was possibly foolish, but I'm not sure damning him for telling the truth is entirely fair. Souness baited Bellamy, and Bellamy (as expected) fell for it.

And that was wrong too, no-one has said Souness handled the whole affair well or excuses him of any blame, the fact of the matter is this: Bellamy agreed to end the matter behind closed doors with the Chairman and manager, then went back on that to ridicule them live on TV, he even ignored the pleas of his best mate Kieron Dyer and his agent and lawyer. Freddy Shepherd as Chairman had every right to peddle him for that alone, never mind what went on before, regardless of what Souness wanted or not, a decision I believe to be 100% correct and something I supported 100%, for once the board put the club first and a line was drawn. Now had they drawn a line when Bellamy first acted the bollocks, or Dyer (instead of rewarding said player with a bumper new contract) these problems may well never have surfaced. Or they could have just not appointed Souness, a man we all knew and said would look to get rid of the Bellamys and Roberts. Either way they acted on what was a serious discipline issue and good for them.

Yous lot paint a picture of innocence where poor lickle Cwaigy is concerned, had he kept his mouth shut in the first place he'd still be here. Had he took his substitution at the Valley like a man instead of calling his manager a c*** or whatever it was, he wouldn't have been reprimanded like the little child he is in front of the full squad to piss him off to the extent of feining injury and causing this whole sorry afair. Souness pushed him of course but Bellamy reacted in the wrong manner, every action leads to a reaction and all that and his reaction caused his demise here at Newcastle, not Souness', not NUFC's, his fate was in his own hands.

Telling the truth has nowt to do with it either, he was wrong to speak out full stop. I seem to remember you and others slagging Souness for coming out with "you'll never win anything with a team of Milners", he was speaking the truth was he not? Yes, but he was wrong to say what he did because it undermined the Milners at the club, well Bellamy undermined his manager, Chairman, his team-mates, the club and fans by going live on TV to say his manager and Chairman were liars.

Being accused of feining injury is a serious accusation, why didn't he take Souness to court, or the club even? Because he didn't have a leg to stand on, instead he pleaded his innocence and said a few things about how much he loves the club and fans, how he couldn't play for another team among accusing his employer and manager of being liars  :lol:

We all know Bellamy is a selfish individual with an attitude problem, if his manager wanted to play him wide right, that's the manager's right and he as a professional should get on with it, even if playing him wide right was an anal decision. You don't hear Nobby, Talyor, Shola or others pissing and moaning, but then they are professionals and respect their manager/the club.

Some of the excuses made for Bellamy are hilarious like  :lol:, he's a grown man and did wrong, he paid for it, end of. Like I said, had he done what he did under SBR or KK, there would have been hell on, the fact that Graeme Souness, despised by many, was in charge negates everything for the blinkered which is sad, judge things on their indiviodual merit.

All through this thread I have said he f***** up, he puts peoples noses out of joint etc etc, there is no argument there.

But you still seem to be oblivious to the actual points being made, especially considering the last few lines of your post (including the rather amusing part where you call other people 'blinkered'). There would not 'have been hell on' under SBR or KK because it would have been unlikely to ever happened under SBR or KK, just as it has not happened under any of his numerous other managers who were often quoted relishing his attitude rather than rubbing against it.

It is impossible to 'judge things on their individual merit' or on the final flourish in a long drawn out and all to predictable charade, simply because it should have never got to that point and it is a great shame that it did. Poor lickle Cwaigy hasn't missed out here, (despite some cretins saying he would never play at the level of Newcastle ever again he has just played a major role in his team beating Barca at the Nou Camp), we have.

I don't see anyone defending Bellamy for Bellamy’s sake, but because his departure hurt the club and the argument all along was simply that the greatest factor in us failing to retain such a valuable asset for pennies was astonishingly bad management, and not Bellamy himself.

it did happen under robson and he was allowed to get away with it,which is why he and others thought they could take the piss from then on and why we were going backwards before souness even came in.

of course we wouldn't

of course we wouldn't

we wouldn't have been beaten off an even worse wolves team in the fa cup either.

Sorry...rewind a few posts back...NE5 on here in LeazesMag on Toontastic. But HTL on here is LeazesMag on the TOTTRivals board?

Intriguing...

They're brothers.

Really ? Are you a  brother to all those who agree with you, like Sima or Gemmil for instance  ;D

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said f*** off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I.

Yous lot paint a picture of innocence where poor lickle Cwaigy is concerned, had he kept his mouth shut in the first place he'd still be here. Had he took his substitution at the Valley like a man instead of calling his manager a c*** or whatever it was, he wouldn't have been reprimanded like the little child he is in front of the full squad to piss him off to the extent of feining injury and causing this whole sorry afair. Souness pushed him of course but Bellamy reacted in the wrong manner, every action leads to a reaction and all that and his reaction caused his demise here at Newcastle, not Souness', not NUFC's, his fate was in his own hands.

All through this thread I have said he f***** up, he puts peoples noses out of joint etc etc, there is no argument there.

it did happen under robson and he was allowed to get away with it,which is why he and others thought they could take the piss from then on and why we were going backwards before souness even came in.

What, he effectivelly called Robson a liar on TV did he? Missed that. There must have been hell on.

Also wouldn't mind you clarifying what you mean by taking the piss and causing the slide? I don't recall him putting in many substandard performances on the pitch, slacking off and causing us to slide down the table.

What, he effectivelly called Robson a liar on TV did he? Missed that. There must have been hell on.

Also wouldn't mind you clarifying what you mean by taking the piss and causing the slide? I don't recall him putting in many substandard performances on the pitch, slacking off and causing us to slide down the table.

when you say it's unlikely there'd be hell on under KK or SBR,he did tell robson to fuck off and there should have been hell on for that and ignoring team orders,there wasn't! and how come he was part of a better team than we have now and we were going backwards,robson never tried to play him out of position again,dyer was crucified for doing it...how come ?

you know i didn't mean the exact same scenario occurred,so why try and score cheap points ?

when you say it's unlikely there'd be hell on under KK or SBR,he did tell robson to fuck off and there should have been hell on for that and ignoring team orders,there wasn't! and how come he was part of a better team than we have now and we were going backwards,robson never tried to play him out of position again,dyer was crucified for doing it...how come ?

you know i didn't mean the exact same scenario occurred,so why try and score cheap points ?

I'm not scoring cheap points. I took HTT to mean that if he had done what he did, i.e 'the interview' under Robson then there would have been hell on. He may have told Robson to fuck off, I cannot remember the context (and as Carver says it was not an unusual part of Craig's vocabulary) but the point was that Robson held onto him because like all his other managers bar Souness, Robson understood it was worth the hassle because of the things the player brought to the team. Whether there should or should not have been hell on is not my arguement, take it up with HTT.

As to laying the blame for the team going backwards at Bellamy's door again, I'm still trying to understand what you mean. Why was Dyer crucified and not Bellamy? No idea, different scenarios? Besides, I dismiss that idea that he was in such a position to force Robson to only play him up front, nevermind accepting that his not being played out of postion added to our 'slide'. Apart from Shearer needing his legs alongside him for the most part, and apart from being a bit shit at crossing, it was not as if we had that a great selection of strikers at the club at the time to have the leeway to put arguably our best forward out on the wing. Certainly as a strikeforce it was no better or even that much deeper than the one we have at present were Owen anywhere near the first team.

Guest Gemmill

Can I have a show of hands of exactly who these people are that would rather lose 5-1 to Birmingham than win 2-1 in the Nou Camp?  LM says there's lots of them (basically if you don't love Craig Bellamy above all other humans, you like to see Newcastle lose games.  I think that's how it works.)

Guest Gemmill

last night Craig showed you what he is all about fuckers

now shut up

Last night a footballer that I couldn't give two fucks about scored a goal for a team that I couldn't give two fucks about.

Now get a grip.  Fucker.

Guest Bramble OG

now shut up

Last night a footballer that I couldn't give two fucks about scored a goal for a team that I couldn't give two fucks about.

Now get a grip.  Fucker.

i was dissapointed when he went, but 2 years on if any other fans seen this they would laugh there tits off at us for still going on about him.  I wouldnt have him back, he's what 28-29 and his main asset is pace i think he will have one good season left in him max, thats not worth 6-8m

Selling les ferdinand was worse and if anything we should still be going on about that sale as it effected the future of the team/club more than belamys sale IMO

massimo macaroni scored 2 past AC MILAN at the weekend - Does that make him a great player?who

now shut up

Now get a grip.  Fucker.

So why even bother to comment about him in the thread then Gem?

I wonder if this stems back to him being substituted in a football match by Souness as well. :( 

I hope the little twat gets turfed out on his ear.

However, the Wales striker will be the first casualty of a summer clear-out at Anfield. (Times)

I really fucking hope so.

See, no point getting all het up, you do care really. :cheesy:

Guest Gemmill

now shut up

Now get a grip.  Fucker.

So why even bother to comment about him in the thread then Gem?

I wonder if this stems back to him being substituted in a football match by Souness as well. :( 

I hope the little twat gets turfed out on his ear.

However, the Wales striker will be the first casualty of a summer clear-out at Anfield. (Times)

I really fucking hope so.

See, no point getting all het up, you do care really. :cheesy:

What I'm commenting on is the obsession some people on here have about a player that hasn't played for NUFC for two years.  He's not our player any more.  Why do people use him as a stick (or golf club :razz: ) to batter people with?  I don't like the lad, and I'd take some sick pleasure in seeing him getting kicked out of Liverpool, but I take no sort of pleasure, enjoyment, frustration, annoyance, or anything else in seeing him score a goal for a team that I don't care about, in a competition which doesn't concern me.

That's my point.  I just do not understand the obsession with the lad.  He was a good player for us, but had Liverpool come calling when he was at NUFC, he wouldn't be playing for us anyway, regardless of what happened with Souness.  I don't care about Craig Bellamy.  Others remain obsessed like some jilted lover.