Wigan 1 - 0 Newcastle - Post match thread

Wullie

Guest smoggeordie

to be honest, we will perform much bettter as soon as the boo boys fook off and support another club (mackems perhaps)

Not a boo boy in sight today and we didn't do better.

Our midfield lost us the game today. Nothing else.

to be honest, we will perform much bettter as soon as the boo boys fook off and support another club (mackems perhaps)

I don't agree with booing but they don't usually boo for nothing, it's usually because we've been crap.

Do we usually create loads in midfield and score tons of goals then? I must have missed that.

I rate Martins, Owen, Milner, Emre, Solano, Parker, N'Zogbia, Duff, Dyer and Butt.(The last two on this season's showing anyway) The reason we don't "create loads in midfield" and "score tons of goals" is down to the manager's incompetence. 

are simply not good enough. And I'm still not convinced by Huntingdon and Edgar.

Do you think we've got a good defence or something?

dont know which match you watched but i did not see Babayaro,  Ramage or Carr  playing

:idiot2:

Guest smoggeordie

Do we usually create loads in midfield and score tons of goals then? I must have missed that.

I rate Martins, Owen, Milner, Emre, Solano, Parker, N'Zogbia, Duff, Dyer and Butt.(The last two on this season's showing anyway) The reason we don't "create loads in midfield" and "score tons of goals" is down to the manager's incompetence. 

are simply not good enough. And I'm still not convinced by Huntingdon and Edgar.

Bramble played well today. dont know which match you watched but i did not see Babayaro,  Ramage or Carr  playing

I was there and Bramble did play well. Continually covering for Huntingtons lack of positional sense.

I don't agree with booing, in general, but it's not often the boo-boys are completely out of order. See the booing at the end of Robson's last season. At the time, lots of folk thought it was out of order because we'd finished 5th, but it was clear to most that standards had slipped badly and we were no longer playing good football. Of course, if the boo boys'd known Souness was going to be the result, they might have kept schtum.

Bramble played well today. dont know which match you watched but i did not see Babayaro,  Ramage or Carr  playing

I was there and Bramble did play well. Continually covering for Huntingtons lack of positional sense.

Erm....I'm not commenting on today. I'm talking about this football club in general.

Sheeesh!

Guest smoggeordie

Erm....I'm not commenting on today!

Where did I say you did? I was merely commenting on the fact you seemed bemused at the fact WM said Bramble played well today.

Where did I say you did? I was merely commenting on the fact you seemed bemused at the fact WM said Bramble played well today.

Well, it wasn't about Bramble.

So he played well today...big deal. Not good enough.

I don't agree with booing, in general, but it's not often the boo-boys are completely out of order. See the booing at the end of Robson's last season. At the time, lots of folk thought it was out of order because we'd finished 5th, but it was clear to most that standards had slipped badly and we were no longer playing good football. Of course, if the boo boys'd known Souness was going to be the result, they might have kept schtum.

The booing when we finished 5th makes me embarrassed, especially when the same people stayed back and applauded the team that finished 14th, pathetic.

Guest smoggeordie

What about the other games since he came back from injury? He's played superbly. He was also in good form before he got injured. I'm not saying he's a good player but credit where it's due, yeah?

What about the other games since he came back from injury? He's played superbly. He was also in good form before he got injured. I'm not saying he's a good player but credit where it's due, yeah?

He dosen't deserve a new contract. Few good games here and there is not enough. He's awful and dosen't deserve to play for a club like Newcastle. 

I didn't give credit for today's performance because I didn't watch the match. Saying he played well is just a person's opinion. I thought he played well against the Belgian team in the first leg. But the commentators and some members on here were overhyping him way too much. It was pathetic.

The booing when we finished 5th makes me embarrassed, especially when the same people stayed back and applauded the team that finished 14th, pathetic.

Just to clarify, when I said out of order, I meant it's not often they're completely wrong. It was out of order and SBR didn't deserve that at all.

Who was booing like? Having been to the game, I can't say I heard any booing myself.

Shite today, and Wigan weren't that good themselves. If we'd had anything about us, we'd have won that today, but we didn't.

Duff was dreadful - completely anonymous.

Who was booing like? Having been to the game, I can't say I heard any booing myself.

Shite today, and Wigan weren't that good themselves. If we'd had anything about us, we'd have won that today, but we didn't.

Duff was dreadful - completely anonymous.

There wasn't any booing, it's just that the boos will come sooner or later.

Guest WalkervilleMag

I was not refering to boos at the game, as there was non today, what i meant is. we could go on a 40 game winning run, then get beat then people just start popping out the woodwork,  sack him,,sack them, why was he playing, why wasn't he playing ect. 

I was not refering to boos at the game, as there was non today, what i meant is. we could go on a 40 game winning run, then get beat then people just start popping out the woodwork,  sack him,,sack them, why was he playing, why wasn't he playing ect. 

A 40 game winning run, as if. bluelaugh.gif

Do you think we should be bigging the players and manager up this season?

By lad you've got it bad.

A balanced view means you watch with a chip on each shoulder.

Guest WalkervilleMag

manager yes. Lets face it, we almost had curbushley,  and would of probably spent another 30 odd million by now, on gash players

Guest Knightrider

I was looking forward to the extended highlights the neet having kept away from the score all day, only for my Sky Box to fuck up, so I looked on here... bastards. Shite result. Oh well.

Bramble lacks an important, fundamental ability required by centrebacks, which is essentially doing two things at one. That is, to be able to watch the ball, and also watch/know where your man is going at the same time. Bramble is great when hes not having to do both, but when the ball is 20-40 yards away at the feet of the opposition, time and again hes to be seen ball watching whilst his man just waltzes into a good position.

His passing and distribution was utter shiite today as well. Majority of the long balls were down to him, because early on in the game a few passes of his on the ground put us in trouble. After that, it was a case of putting the rhino foot through the ball every time.

http://www.wildtrack.org/media/AGF00005-small.gif

He dosen't deserve a new contract. Few good games here and there is not enough. He's awful and dosen't deserve to play for a club like Newcastle. 

I didn't give credit for today's performance because I didn't watch the match. Saying he played well is just a person's opinion. I thought he played well against the Belgian team in the first leg. But the commentators and some members on here were overhyping him way too much. It was pathetic.

I prefer Bramble rather than Ramage and Carr

I prefer Bramble rather than Ramage and Carr

I prefer new players over those 3!